Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a sweet Bday present, isn't it
Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's gonna be the best birthday gift ever to have the car running by my birthday. Now I'm waiting on some people to respond for some parts and that will make everything beautiful. I can't wait to get home so that I can get to putting everything together n get this bitch painted too.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so my tci 3,800 stall came in today. IT LOOKS SWEET!! with the anti-ballooning plate. I'm trying to find a place to take it to so that they can cut it open and clean it all out to make sure that it's all good before I put in.

I'm also looking for a tubular k-member still. I'm trying to keep it at or under $300 shipped.

I should also be getting an electric waterpump on Monday or Tuesday.

After that I am going to need Oil Temp Gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge, and Fuel Pressure Gauge.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Just install the converter would ya...You will be good.

As for the k member just hit up PA racing and pick it up
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Motor should HOPEFULLY be done sometime VERY soon. I'm getting extremely excited because I just purchased a whole UMI front end kit, k-member and upper and lower a-arms. I already got the eibach pro-kit and strange SA shocks, so my front end will be completely done!! Next will be getting my hands on a good deal on a s60.

Within the next 2 weeks I should have the motor and I'll be getting the injectors flow matched along with a computer tune. Then I'm putting the motor together in the living room.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so I was able to cross some things off my "Want" list, thanks to the help of the beautiful girl previously pictured, (yea she's awesome)....

the old...

The motor should be here next week, and then the rest of the fun will start. I'm trying to take pics of every step too and when all of it is done I'll be able to show before and after pics of the whole process.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

damn boy looking good...Is that UMI brand?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by am_muscl
so I was able to cross some things off my "Want" list, thanks to the help of the beautiful girl previously pictured, (yea she's awesome)....

the old...

The motor should be here next week, and then the rest of the fun will start. I'm trying to take pics of every step too and when all of it is done I'll be able to show before and after pics of the whole process.
Quick Jason, Someone stole your TV!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ hahaha no i have the tv in the middle of the living room. Half of the living room is sectioned off for when the motor gets here, assembly is going to be inside.

And yea rob it's all umi front suspension kit, got it from summitracing.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

looking good, so when you give me some spots with ur racecar
Old 05-19-2011, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by am_muscl
^^ hahaha no i have the tv in the middle of the living room. Half of the living room is sectioned off for when the motor gets here, assembly is going to be inside.

And yea rob it's all umi front suspension kit, got it from summitracing.
Ohh lol!! Well if you need a "clean room" I still have mine from summit.

And I'll take some of them spots too looks like I'm going to need them.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ sam I'm coming for you buddy!! we'll have almost identical cars, ebony and ivory!! hahaha

and rob idk, i haven't seen your ride yet so we'll have to see. I hope to have this all together and down the GLD track by the end of June, but being unemployed gives me a lot more free time to work on the car
Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so just a little update, I picked up a CSR electric waterpump from a fellow ls1tech member, GREAT PIECE!! now I just have to figure out how to hook it up because I don't really know how to do any of that.

I'm still waiting on the motor so I'm trying to get everything done besides that to try and make things easier when I move out to Harvard July 1st. I will be cleaning the underside of the car and applying DUPLICOLOR rubberized undercoating to help prevent any future rust and just to see how it looks and works. I'm also going to be rolling the fenders to get the slicks to fit. I should also be putting just about all of the interior back in as well so it looks like a real car again!!

As soon as I accomplish some more things, I will make sure to post up some pictures!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Painless makes a wiring harness for electric waterpump. Includes relays & fuses. All plug n play.

Why are you moving to Harvard? There ain't no car seen out there.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm moving to Harvard cuz I don't wanna pay $950/month to live in a 1 bedroom apt. anymore. The place I'm moving to is my gf's, friends house. They are going to be traveling ALOT and they said we could just live there and all we have to pay is water and half the utilities. Pretty sweet deal for a 4k sq. ft. house on about 4 acres. WITH A GARAGE so the camaro will be protected. We're also getting a german shepard puppy so it will be a good place to train him n let him run around haha

ANYWHO.... got the underside of the car cleaned yesterday, after work I'll be going to get the Duplicolor Rubberized Undercoating and I'm going to apply that tonight and see how that goes...should be fun.

I also ordered up a set of hood pins from Year One for a Mopar, they're stainless so I don't have to worry about them rusting and looking nasty.

Waiting on the motor still, at this point it's looking like I'll be lucky to get it in before I have to move so I'm not keeping my hopes up and I'm trying to get everything else done.

Also as for the painless wiring harness, I'm not really sure how that thing works, I have the connector coming off the water pump but it doesn't look like the painless harness plugs into that...maybe I'm wrong but for stuff like that I need idiot proof step-by-step instructions.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so at this point there is no way I'm going to have the car running by the end of the month. so my birthday goal is to get it all one color, and in full roller status minus the motor.

I have a question about the motor though. The motor that I will be receiving has stock re-conditioned rods with ARP rod bolts, I'm looking to swap them out for SCAT forged rods....how hard is it to replace them? and what is the difference between I-beams and H-beam rods?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

In that case make sure you get rods for the pressed on pistons like your factory rods are....unless someone had your stock rods set up for floating wrist pins. Also, I'd use the 4340 I-beam ones with capscrews instead of a bolt/nut arrangement....preferrably in 7/16" size. Last but most importantly, get your rotating assembly re-balanced after you get your new rods. You don't wanna shake your new motor apart.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The motor that I'm going to be getting currently has Speed Pro forged pistons with stock re-conditioned rods with ARP rod bolts.

These are the ones I was thinking of going with...http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-25700716/

with these bearings...http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLE-CB663HN/

good or bad idea??
Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are the rods I was talking about, except I'm pretty sure you will need the version for press fit wrist pins. The part # you linked is for floating pins. If your Speed Pro pistons are the ones 99% of people use, then they are press fit and have no provisions for using floating pins. You wouldn't have any way to retain the pin with spiro locs or snap rings. The good news is that the press fit version of those rods is usually about $20 or 30 cheaper.

As for the bearings...those should be good, but I think a standard series of Clevite or Michigan 77 (or Federal Mogul or King or other name brand) would be fine.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one last question, if they say the crank has been cut 10/10, what does that mean? does that mean I have to look for bearings that are undersized? and do you think that would be in Inches or Millimeters.

I also looked at summit and the only ones that have 7/16" provisions are 6.100 in length, I thought I need, 5.7....idk what to do. maybe I'll just keep the new stock re-conditioned rods. Does anyone know what hp they are rated to?

Last edited by am_muscl; 06-08-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quick Reply: parts needed to finish