LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

shaking problem at high speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
Wierd I seen this, I raced a foxbody on the expressway tonight and my car was vibrating like crazy when I shut it down. Ive had the car a few weeks and didnt notice it before but never had it faster than 65-70. Its set up for auto-x, 43k miles, new suspension, tires, moog front end bushings, ls1 driveshaft, etc. No reason for it to be vibrating. I was wondering wtf it was, glad Im not the only one.
Trust me your not lol. Glad Ive fixed my shaking problem. Could be you need your wheels balanced or you need an alignment. Go with that first.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:52 AM

Default why can’t people just stfu and mind their GD business, he’s asking a question, you do

Originally Posted by 323steel36
yes your right it was a stupid thing to do and i do not plan on doing it at the hw anymore...then again i made this thread for some help no to be disrespected. So if you got any advice tricked94camaro on the shaking i would like to hear it.

thanks for all who have help me out ima go for a wheel alignment and take it from there.

but ima go to a legit tire place lol not juans tire shop.
why can’t people just stfu and mind their GD business, he’s asking a question, you don’t have an answer, zipper your face and mind your business
Old 03-23-2021, 09:59 PM

Default Help vibrations

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Im gonna guess that at 120 you shifted to 5th and then felt the problem, and you have the dreaded 5th 6th gear loose problem. Someone did a thread on here not too long about it, but basically the gears can slide off their shafts without even a puller once the trans is apart.

Heres the thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...vibration.html
Did you also have the vibration with clutch pedal pushed down and Rev the motor? Mine has this even at a low speed. However if I'm sitting at a stop with the pedal pushed down no vibrations. This vibration happens at 80 with clutch engagement. Could use some thoughts. Thank you.

Quick Reply: shaking problem at high speeds?