LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1's are better than LS1's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 278 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by idformula
I just got mad at that douche for bashin on my car and cause I mis-typed a statement in another thread, people like that get under my skin real quick, I haven't really talked much about my car on this site. It makes me mad here and in real life, but I won't let him get to me anymore.
Use this next time..

Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
You got it wrong man..you got to get more Cubic Inches and run slower..

Mine is still fast cause I havent done it up with that Solid Roller high-rpm ****..I bet when I got that route it'll be so bad *** that I'll need a decimal in the Engine size.
my bad bud, I thought I had it the right way, but your right, damn I gotta get this **** right.

Use this next time..

LOL! Seriously dude, if I ever make it down your way or you find yourself in north dakota, we'll have to go out to the bar and have a few beers, I like your sense of humor man.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Black1995Z28
It's the internet.

If it really gets to you that much, I feel sorry for the people that associate with you in real life.
Naw bro, it don't always, I've just been stressed about work, findin a place to live, I'm far away from home and friends, sometimes I just snap, that's what happened eariler. That happens to everybody
Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by License2Ill
LMAO!!! listen L98's ROCK!!! they are GEN1 blocks that will accept roller camshafts. Convert your LT1 manifold to GEN1 heads....get the L98 block and some BRODIX heads and prepare for lift off!!!

It's inarguable the LS engines are better.
I really can't agree on the whole I run my LT1 just to be different thing. But hey if that's how ppl feel then so be it.

I RUN MY LT1 right now BECUZ IM CHEAP. AND DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR AN LS1 SETUP. ALSO BECUZ I AM LAZY.

IF I HAD MONEY I WOULD BE TORN BETWEEN REBUILDING AND REFRESHING MY M6 BECUZ FUGG WHAT PPL SAY I FIND THE LS1 TO BE MORE COSTLY TO RUN EVEN IF I WASNT LAZY TO SET 1 UP. I WOULD NEED TO COLLECT ACCYS and ALL.

Hell LS1 Headers go for 1200 dollars.

The LT1 is cheaper to run. But granted it just does not perform to LS standards.

As for some factory freak LT1s that run hard at the track? that happens...there are also some factory freak LS1 that run harder than norm as well.

I dont own an LS1 nor have driven 1. I have bested some stock A4 and granny shifting M6 LS1 ownerz in LT1 modified engined M6. But I would bet money they were stock or fairly close to. Plus Im a good driver when im not feeling LAZY.

The bottom line is your comparing apples to oranges. You can see that in the block's design as well as the intake ports...and the manifold.

We can all say "hey I like old faithful." and that would suffice in explaining LT1 "love". Home depot still sells push type mowers and occasionally some ppl still buy them.

Someone else posted this the other day and I agree:

"Racoon beats catfish"

So you insinuate owning an LT1 is cheaper and people own them because they are to broke to own an LS1 or to cheap....You sir are very wrong. Regardless it is just as expensive to properly build and maintain an LT1 than it is an LS1. I am telling you i like LT1's better not for any other reason as they are less common,they are a glorified SBC and they are IMO a simpler design. I take pleasure in owning cocky LS1 owners and having a decently quick car that's supposed to be slow by every ones standards.

LT1 cars sound so bad *** compared to the raspy sound an LS1 makes with longtubes,ORY and magnaflow catback it has a deep thundering tone that is pure sex!

The front fiasca much better looking! Sharp chin smooth defined cut lines that gives the car a crouching look and more so with aftermarket wheels and tires.

I spent over 6k on a head and CAM 383 stroker LT1 engine not cheap in anyones book. I could have bought any LS1 car i wanted with that much but i did not why? Because seeing LS1's everywhere turns me off! I want something different something everybody does not have...an LT1 powered F-body.

So in stock unaltered form yes the LS1 is better once you remove the heads the only thing holding each engine back is the amount of money the owner has to spend.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignition and computer wise a ls1 has a better setup, but they don't have the sbc sound.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
LOL nice. I love it. Spankin an import with a ram. So thats what happens when you bread an omni with a F-body lol.
How do you like that set up in that truck?
My 02 ram was a dog. I always wanted to throw a stroked 440 in that quad cab and let it roll. ended up selling it though.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Rockstar

Mine is still fast cause I havent done it up with that Solid Roller high-rpm ****..I bet when I got that route it'll be so bad *** that I'll need a decimal in the Engine size.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Btw, what is your best time again? Wasn't it like high 12's or something? I just want to know so I can build my car to go faster than yours, it shouldn't take much.
I think he made a celebratory thread when he finally hit 11s...
Old 03-05-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaycenk
LOL nice. I love it. Spankin an import with a ram. So thats what happens when you bread an omni with a F-body lol.
How do you like that set up in that truck?
My 02 ram was a dog. I always wanted to throw a stroked 440 in that quad cab and let it roll. ended up selling it though.
I love the ls1 setup, I have a 440 in it before, it was a dog, only went 15.7 with headers, 2400 stall, 727, rpm intake, speed demon carb, msd ignition.

The ls1 was the best thing to happen to this old dodge
Old 03-05-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
I love the ls1 setup, I have a 440 in it before, it was a dog, only went 15.7 with headers, 2400 stall, 727, rpm intake, speed demon carb, msd ignition.

The ls1 was the best thing to happen to this old dodge
heads/cam would have woke it up don't you think?

That's like saying
"I had a 60 degree buick turbo v6 in my third gen. it was slow. I put in an ls1 and it's faster now. Best thing i ever did."

Of course it is, but what would happen if you actually opened up that v6?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWHO
heads/cam would have woke it up don't you think?

That's like saying
"I had a 60 degree buick turbo v6 in my third gen. it was slow. I put in an ls1 and it's faster now. Best thing i ever did."

Of course it is, but what would happen if you actually opened up that v6?
I think if i opened up the 440 it would be as fast as the ls1, or maybe, MAYBE .1-.2 better, but also it would get 6-7 mpgs at best, ls1 gets 18mpgs as of now.

AND, what if i open up the LS1?...a simple mild cam/converter will get me 12's im sure and retain 15+mpgs, the 440 will be drinking big fuel to keep up.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 AM
11 Second Club

my bad bud, I thought I had it the right way, but your right, damn I gotta get this **** right.
Yes you do. Its easy to remember.. Bigger, Badder, Slower.

LOL! Seriously dude, if I ever make it down your way or you find yourself in north dakota, we'll have to go out to the bar and have a few beers, I like your sense of humor man.
Hey man all we do is have a good time laughing at the dumbshits here..
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Village Troll

Received 538 Likes on 390 Posts

Go ahead man, talk ****, I'm done gettin pissed off, all I'm doing is lowering myself to your level, and I know I'm a better person than that. Its sad that your that miserable with life that you have to try and make others just as miserable as yours.

Btw, what is your best time again? Wasn't it like high 12's or something? I just want to know so I can build my car to go faster than yours, it shouldn't take much.
Turd.

A big cubed LSx 3100lb turd. You are the mainstay of the LT1 delusional. You give them hope how the LT1 is better than the LS1. You are the only one I know who's had a built, big cubed LSx that actually made less power than a LT1 platform. For that you deserve roaring applause!
Remember to get an obnoxiously large "3" sticker in the back window of that turd to display proudly in front of the double wide there, skeeter.

x ".75 THOUSANDTHS..."

Last edited by SS RRR; 03-06-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 AM
10 Second Club

8=D~~~

^^^ Average LT1 owner's small cockenballs

8=D~~~

^^^The size of my cockenballs after reading this thread
Old 03-06-2011, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick. Someone interject some never failing LE causes oil leaks vs. AI runs 9's fullweight NA BS into this thread so it will get locked and go away.

Last edited by wrd1972; 03-06-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GERMANIC CREW UP IN DIS BISH!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Turd.
http://user.xthost.info/thecoop/HeMadLando.jpg

A big cubed LSx 3100lb turd. You are the mainstay of the LT1 delusional. You give them hope how the LT1 is better than the LS1. You are the only one I know who's had a built, big cubed LSx that actually made less power than a LT1 platform. For that you deserve roaring applause!
Remember to get an obnoxiously large "3" sticker in the back window of that turd to display proudly in front of the double wide there, skeeter.

x ".75 THOUSANDTHS..."
Sooooo, what's your time? I need to know a time to beat man, c'mon, help a brotha out! I can be slower than everybody else on this site, but as long as I'm faster than you, ill be happy, so please, tell your time.

Word up brotha!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR

x ".75 THOUSANDTHS..."

I almost, almost fell asleep cause of the amount of fail in that.

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
8=D~~~

^^^ Average LT1 owner's small cockenballs

8=D~~~

^^^The size of my cockenballs after reading this thread
Lol..
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
Lmao perfect timing..
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Sooooo, what's your time? I need to know a time to beat man, c'mon, help a brotha out! I can be slower than everybody else on this site, but as long as I'm faster than you, ill be happy, so please, tell your time.
Dude it's so fast it achieved the speed of fail.

Quick Reply: LT1's are better than LS1's