LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how fast are u guys? le2-3 h/c 383 nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
You dimwitted retard I DID NOT bring my car into this, basic reading comprehension would show you someone else did.
I also DID NOT bring AI into this or say anything negative about LE.

I simply responded to the fact 4 people had replied without any examples, then AChotrod and 355z28 responded with examples GOOD, and Wicked94z decided to stir the pot.
I didn't stir any pots, I was using good examples too

I dunno, but I feel it's worth mentioning that the WATER BOX WAS ******* FROZEN on Joe's 10.80 pass. Not knocking him, that car runs damn good! Don't start with that apples to apples bullshit.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You dimwitted retard
Sticks and stones ....
Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Far as gregrob's example I see that and answer with
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...damn-time.html

Two cars run the same ET but one does it hydraulic with a 4L60E instead of a t-brake TH350 and solid roller.
I am sure the weather was not identical but still fun to compare.
Thanks for using me as an examble.

Joe's car is very impressive and I actually built my car gunning to run the times he does; But I didnt have the bankroll he did and I started on more of a budget.

Unfortunatly I couldn't sacrifice some of the things he did.
I run a smaller cam..A LOT less lift, a little less duration.
I dont have any weight reduction, still maintain a/c, cruise,factory bose stereo with the sub, full leather interior even rear seats, both impact bars front/rear,abs

When you look at Joe's car:
Larger cam
no interior (most his passes you can see he only has a drivers seat at the track)
no bumper rebar
no wipers
no ac
no cruise
no abs
Tubular front suspension
More gear
drag radials (im switching to them they tend to mph higher)
AND he gets to run in ALOT better air -DA and very very low DA all mine were done in around 2000 DA (correct my passes alone it gives 11.0 passes. Subtract the the weight difference (300lbs or so) I should be running on par with him.

Ported intakes dont help out much, but they do help im also runing an untouched intake where his is,as well as an electric waterpump I guess were talking 20-25 ponies different there alone.

Im not knocking his car, but comparing times and cars is a little unfair when the whole story is not out there.

On a side note the AI cars do get it done BUT most of the AI cars are done right and roll with the high dollar stuff.

Where a lot of the LE cars recently have been budget built. If you dont have the supporting mods of course its not going to run like the fast cars around here plus everything takes suspension work, and seat time to find that sweet spot and run your best!

lol and Joe this is not a call out, someday I do want my car to run like yours but I just want to do it without losing the luxuries.

Infact I have been in touch with both AI and LE about doing a set of trickflows I have. Im still in the air about it. But LE help get this car to where it is now, and has the support to help me when ever I need it, hell hes even called me on saturdays and sundays to answer my questions or help me make some adjustments on the car.

Last edited by 355z28; 03-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was not comparing your car to Joe's I was comparing https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...all-motor.html
the example gregrob posted.

I only mentioned you to give you a pat on the back for posting an actual example rather than just vague bench racing.

I understand weather and comforts, I too still have AC, ABS, power seatS, cruise, steel bumpers etc, and my best runs are at like +500ft,, yeah it slows us down but we get to enjoy our car from the driver's seat rather than watch it in the rearview while towing it around like so many other folks do.

Last edited by 96capricemgr; 03-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It makes the trip a lot more enjoyable, and its always fun to watch the looks on people face when they come check it out. Everyone expects it to be stripped down. I am VERY confident that if I changed just a couple things I could be in the tens.

Any new plans with the caprice? or are you content with what you have?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I know! lol 383/396 Its a few cubes difference, and goes Deep 9s on a 200shot.
I knew you knew. I'm just busting chops.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You dimwitted retard I DID NOT bring my car into this, basic reading comprehension would show you someone else did.
I also DID NOT bring AI into this or say anything negative about LE.

I simply responded to the fact 4 people had replied without any examples, then AChotrod and 355z28 responded with examples GOOD, and Wicked94z decided to stir the pot.
you never pass an opportunity to boast about how much dick you suck. your car is a free candy sign away from looking like something a child molester would drive. wicked may have stirred the pot but you can't resist the temptation of seeing an LE thread and not pipe up about anything you can to **** on the guys business. and god forbid that everyone didn't jump at the opportunity to post something to meet your criteria in a thread you didn't even start. you dont even need to say ****.. everyone that owns a ******* lt1 knows wtf you are going to say. its getting old. give it a rest.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Again you are PRETENDING I am starting trouble to cover the fact a couple of YOU are trying to start something.

If it is wrong to actually want to see examples rather than estimates then I think more folks should be wrong.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't even realize the thread title had nitrous in it. I thought he wa asking N/A.

Quick Reply: how fast are u guys? le2-3 h/c 383 nitrous