LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My new Turbo LT1, **Pics Inside** have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im jealous i really want a white lt1 camaro
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Your running what 16psi? The 104’s are 2 steps cooler than stock, and I’m only at 8psi. Would it be a good idea to go 3 steps cooler at only 8 psi? The compression ratio is 8.5:1. I do want to turn it up to 10psi, but around here we only have 91 around here and don’t know if it will detonate. I need to get the cable and do some data logging so I know what it’s doing right now.

I do want to relocate the fuel line and all the vacuum lines but not too sure where to stuff them. The engine bay is a MESS!

I might look into getting those locking header bolt, When I was removing the manifold I noticed that a few where rather loose. The rear most bolt was finger tight and that’s what caused the gasket to fail. They are the ARP SS 3/8"-16 bolts.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Max78
Your running what 16psi? The 104’s are 2 steps cooler than stock, and I’m only at 8psi. Would it be a good idea to go 3 steps cooler at only 8 psi? The compression ratio is 8.5:1. I do want to turn it up to 10psi, but around here we only have 91 around here and don’t know if it will detonate. I need to get the cable and do some data logging so I know what it’s doing right now.

I do want to relocate the fuel line and all the vacuum lines but not too sure where to stuff them. The engine bay is a MESS!

I might look into getting those locking header bolt, When I was removing the manifold I noticed that a few where rather loose. The rear most bolt was finger tight and that’s what caused the gasket to fail. They are the ARP SS 3/8"-16 bolts.
The 104's are more like 1/2 a heat range cooler than stock.

And these are the header gaskets I'm running. They are by far my favorite over the fel-pro and percey's.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EA...BERL/?rtype=10
Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

I read some where that the 104's where 2 ranges cooler, but don't believe everything that you read right?

Those are some damn nice header gaskets! I already ordered the Felpro gaskets, but if they ever go out on me I know what I'm going to be getting next. Thanks for the link!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Everyone likes pictures right? So here are some of me cleaning out my threads and fixing (I hope) a cross threaded hole. Yes I did use lubricant.

The "Thread Restore Kit" from Autozone, $96 to rent. . .

Threading it into a clean hole to clean out any garbage.

A little gunk that came out of the hole.

Here is what i thought was a clean hole. The bolt was a little hard to put in at first. Now it screws in easily.

It looks MUCH worse in the picture. It was not that bad after I wiped it on a cloth and inspected the particles.

I did not get any picture of the damaged hole that I hopefully fixed. Very little shavings came out and the bolt threaded in with ease after I was done.

As soon as my gaskets get here Wednesday I will start to put it all back together and hopefully everything will go smoothly. This time I will be the one doing all the work! No help please and thank you.

Quick Reply: My new Turbo LT1, **Pics Inside** have a few questions.