LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what software is good

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
It will show it in real time once you establish communication with the PCM.
i borrowed a cable from a guy so im not sure if it works. before i start the car will the program say its connected to the pcm or will i have to start it and it should read?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my hardware from Moates and they have been absolutely great. As I am brand new to tuning, obviously I had no idea what I was doing and Craig helped me out tremendously. One phone call to him and he was more than happy to log in remotely to my laptop and show me what I needed to do while talking me through the what and why on the phone. Twice since then I have had some questions regarding wideband O2 equipment and I got very prompt and helpful responses through their e-mail support. Their customer support has been first class and from what I have found shopping around online their prices are very competative.

The software I have used so far is the TunerPro RT. It is freeware and only asks for a small donation to get rid of a countdown box and message at start up and the hardware I bought from Moates came with a free registration code. I have also used Datamaster and VEMaster. I honestly like TunerPro RT better than the Datamaster, probably because that is what I started on, but I had to use Datamaster in order to use VEMaster.

I have learned to use the hardware I got from Moates (the APU1 Autoprom, LC1 wideband O2 and ALDL and emulation cables) along with TunerPro RT software to download the tune that was on my 93 Camaro already, datalog, emulate and program a new bin file to a new chip and run it with good results. It has taken me about two months to learn but considering I am 100% disabled veteran and was only able to work with it off and on about 7-10 days during that time I would consider it fairly easy to understand and work with. I am sure there are reasons why more experienced tuners would like one over the other but at my level of expertise in tuning so far and for simply datalogging purposes I think that TunerPro RT is a good way to go.

Quick Reply: what software is good