LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Proffessional Products throttle bodies- who's got 'em?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
the stock ones have a flange, i used them and just ground down the flange on the bottom 2 bolts on the bench grinder, works perfect. i have a polished 58mm. love it(when the motor was running) and price is good
Got it used dirt cheap and i did that today and bolts fit nice and flush
Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im kinda new to these cars so please excuse the question but what kind of gains can u expect from one of these TB's on a bolt on LT1? Is it even worth it or should I wait until I have more mods?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are buying a new TB I would go with a 58mm to eliminate any need for upgrading in the future.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.slo
Im kinda new to these cars so please excuse the question but what kind of gains can u expect from one of these TB's on a bolt on LT1? Is it even worth it or should I wait until I have more mods?
you wont see much if anything at all, for 58mm you need to port the intake opening
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone else have problems with idling with the Professional Products 58mm TB??
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Default 58mm pp

I'M RUNNING THE 58MM PP I love it! Great product for the $$
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Puck
Yea, the divider is slightly wider on the PP piece since it is a less machined casting. Thats a non-issue on a stock cube car since they still flow way more then enough air for a 7k rpm 350.

A nice fully machined and slim divider is pretty to look at and may flow slightly better overall on a bench, but its not something I would worry about. You wanna see a sick looking divider? Check out the billet AS&M TBs .

If it really bothers you then you can spend a few minutes with a dremel and take care of it .
Haha thanks for your help Puck. I've seen the AS&M's and they do look like a quality part for sure, same thing with the Holleys.

I just can't get myself to shell out $400 on a mod that's only gonna get me a few horsepower. Maybe after a long time when I get bored with my car and buy a heads/cam package from AI, I'll go with a 58mm from AS&M, but I'm not even sure if that'll ever happen.

But it's obvious that pretty much everyone who's got PP throttle bodies are happy with them, so I'll probably stick with that.

Again, thanks for the comments everybody.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tbag_skywalker
Haha thanks for your help Puck. I've seen the AS&M's and they do look like a quality part for sure, same thing with the Holleys.

I just can't get myself to shell out $400 on a mod that's only gonna get me a few horsepower. Maybe after a long time when I get bored with my car and buy a heads/cam package from AI, I'll go with a 58mm from AS&M, but I'm not even sure if that'll ever happen.

But it's obvious that pretty much everyone who's got PP throttle bodies are happy with them, so I'll probably stick with that.

Again, thanks for the comments everybody.
Like I said, my 58mm PP was working fine after rotating the spring one extra turn. After adding heads and a cam, I had to do the IAC mod to get it to idle again, but that was no biggie. I ran it for about a year without a single hiccup.

Only reason I sold it was because I had a lot more disposable income back then and wanted the AS&M in an attempt to start making the engine bay nicer. If it was today I would have never spent that kind of cash for the literally zero performance improvement, but those were better days for me financially...

Quick Reply: Proffessional Products throttle bodies- who's got 'em?