LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

super vic pics please

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default super vic pics please

Just like it says. I want to see some super vic's and elbows and the hoods used to clear the setup. Just trying to get some ideas for my current build
Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAJ.C.
Just like it says. I want to see some super vic's and elbows and the hoods used to clear the setup. Just trying to get some ideas for my current build
heres mine.....

ran a 3" VFN cowl to clear it
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Here is a super vic I converted to EFI. I never stopped to get a good picture of everything installed, but here are a few:

2" VFN cowl hood:

here I'm adding the nitrous kit:

and here are a few for an upcoming for sale thread I havent gotten around to:

Last edited by BaD AZz Z28; 09-07-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I plan to run a 1" spacer and trim the cowl while keeping the wipers (its a street car, I swear!). Car has a 3" cowl hood.

With intakeelbows.com elbow:
Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

who does the conversions, i have a vic junior i want done, and not to thread hi-jack but can stock rails be used with a different fuel crossover
Old 09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
who does the conversions, i have a vic junior i want done, and not to thread hi-jack but can stock rails be used with a different fuel crossover
Im not sure who does conversions, I did mine myself. You might be able to drill/tap the stock rails, make up a new crossover and build stands to hold them, but its probably not worth it when aftermarket rails look and flow better, come already threaded and are less than $100
Old 09-07-2011, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine, a SuperVic converted/ported by Bret B:

Using a FAST TB, SuperSucker 4-hole spacer, an EV elbow with a EV spacer under it.

Custom tube from 4" MAF to 3.5" elbow:

Harwood Hood needed some trimming:

Much trimming on the cowl, but wipers were kept. The final product:

Old 09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BaD AZz Z28
Im not sure who does conversions, I did mine myself. You might be able to drill/tap the stock rails, make up a new crossover and build stands to hold them, but its probably not worth it when aftermarket rails look and flow better, come already threaded and are less than $100
do you know what rails are used?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
do you know what rails are used?
I believe these are what I used, the picture doesnt match the part but its a SBC victor rail.

Applications Part #
Chevrolet Small-block Chevy (for use with #29785 and standard injectors) #3630

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3630/
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BaD AZz Z28
I believe these are what I used, the picture doesnt match the part but its a SBC victor rail.

Applications Part #
Chevrolet Small-block Chevy (for use with #29785 and standard injectors) #3630

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3630/
thank you very much
Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If any one is interested I have a new Nitrous Outlet 860 elbow which uses stock to monoblade tb and will fit under the cowl if no additional spacers are used. Asking what I paid for it, $315 + shipping and a Holley 58mmtb for $300 + shipping, email z24.turbo@gmail.com, thanks. Here are some pics

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts012.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts011.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts010.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts009.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts008.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts007.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...T1parts006.jpg
Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jon A
Here's mine, a SuperVic converted/ported by Bret B:

Using a FAST TB, SuperSucker 4-hole spacer, an EV elbow with a EV spacer under it.

Custom tube from 4" MAF to 3.5" elbow:

Harwood Hood needed some trimming:

Much trimming on the cowl, but wipers were kept. The final product:
Beautiful car.

Have you thought about trimming the rest of your hood's cowl to make it functional, or if you're worried about it getting flimsy at least adding slits like the ASCD or Octane Motorsport cowls?

As long as your air filter box stays sealed it wont mess with your ram air, and you would get lower underhood temps as it sucks air from that low pressure area.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

why dont you guys run the super vic efi?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

hey jon does that elbow stay divided past the bend?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

why dont you guys run the super vic efi?
A lot of people do, but some think there are some advantages to converting a regular supervic with regard to injector placement, runner shape, etc.
hey jon does that elbow stay divided past the bend?
Yes, it's divided all the way. Not necessary, but I do think it probably helps feed the manifold equally at WOT which is sort of hard anytime there's a 90 degree bend in the system.
Originally Posted by Puck
Beautiful car.

Have you thought about trimming the rest of your hood's cowl to make it functional, or if you're worried about it getting flimsy at least adding slits like the ASCD or Octane Motorsport cowls?

As long as your air filter box stays sealed it wont mess with your ram air, and you would get lower underhood temps as it sucks air from that low pressure area.
Thanks. Yes, I have thought about ways to extract some air but haven't decided what to do yet. I'm not convinced the cowl is a low enough pressure area to do much good, I'm thinking louvers closer to the front of the hood might to more good (of course they make a fashion statment that might be hard to take). I've got a pressure sensor I can hook into my data acquisition and I plan to do all sorts of measurements when I get the time (along with fun things like measuring the effectiveness of the ram air, etc) but I've had too much other stuff come up to get around to it.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

A lot of people do, but some think there are some advantages to converting a regular supervic with regard to injector placement, runner shape, etc.

Yes, it's divided all the way. Not necessary, but I do think it probably helps feed the manifold equally at WOT which is sort of hard anytime there's a 90 degree bend in the system.

Thanks. Yes, I have thought about ways to extract some air but haven't decided what to do yet. I'm not convinced the cowl is a low enough pressure area to do much good, I'm thinking louvers closer to the front of the hood might to more good (of course they make a fashion statment that might be hard to take). I've got a pressure sensor I can hook into my data acquisition and I plan to do all sorts of measurements when I get the time (along with fun things like measuring the effectiveness of the ram air, etc) but I've had too much other stuff come up to get around to it.
I taped 3 pieces of yarn towards the top edge of my 3" cowl, and even going slowly around my neighborhood the yarn gets sucked straight down into the cowl instead of running up the windshield.

Not exactly a high tech test, but was good enough for me .
Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of--the air is going the wrong way. I want it to exit the hood, not enter.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of--the air is going the wrong way. I want it to exit the hood, not enter.
Ohhhh, in that case then yeah, louvers in the front then opening the cowl might work depending on which is stronger, the positive pressure near the nose or the negative pressure on the cowl.

Out of curiousity, why do you want it to exit at the rear of the hood instead of sucking from there and exiting under the car? Downforce?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Yes, downforce, drag and cooling. High pressure air building under the hood causes front lift, all the radiator air exiting under the car causes lift along the length of the car as well as drag (good purpose built cars often have the entire bottom sealed off so the air has to go somewhere else). And the area behind the radiator being at high pressure reduces airflow through it.

So if you can use the car's exterior aero to suck some of that air out you reduce lift (or increase downforce if the car is well done otherwise), reduce drag and allow the radiator to flow a lot more air to keep things cooler.

The hard part is actually doing it effectively unless you can make your own custom hoods (or race a car with huge aftermarket RR support). This hood gave me ram air and cowl height to clear the intake which was two out of the three things I wanted, maybe this winter I'll get the third done.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes, downforce, drag and cooling. High pressure air building under the hood causes front lift, all the radiator air exiting under the car causes lift along the length of the car as well as drag (good purpose built cars often have the entire bottom sealed off so the air has to go somewhere else). And the area behind the radiator being at high pressure reduces airflow through it.

So if you can use the car's exterior aero to suck some of that air out you reduce lift (or increase downforce if the car is well done otherwise), reduce drag and allow the radiator to flow a lot more air to keep things cooler.

The hard part is actually doing it effectively unless you can make your own custom hoods (or race a car with huge aftermarket RR support). This hood gave me ram air and cowl height to clear the intake which was two out of the three things I wanted, maybe this winter I'll get the third done.
That's what I was thinking. Reminds me of the concept "No Rules" F1 car that uses actual fans and ducts to create vacuum under the car to literally suck itself to the floor. Very cool stuff.

Quick Reply: super vic pics please