LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

and maybe before you do that, you sure you get all the plug wires back on in the right place?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my life = **** it

hahahha
The dreaded opti.. cant avoid it anymore eh?

Thanks man Off I go!

Edit: Ya, I did one plug at a time, my wires are pretty short you couldnt mess them up I dont think(why did I say that?)
Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm I must be missing something I -can not- find the wires I need to test for the optispark.

I tested the coil and it came out to 8300 so it was good on all 4 conenctions but the wires it says to test for the opti dont exist I disconnected the icm also figured it was that connector but wrong colors

help blonde moment lol
Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the opti wires are in a harness on the passenger side. somewhere between the injectors. it's a flat four cable connector.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Found it, to dark to be albe to do anything I got 0 on everything so I must have been doing something wrong or was not grounded.

As much as I wish I could blame something else, the car has never sounded good even when I first ran it, always seems to be.. off??? un tuned I guess is the word..

Oh well tomorrow hopefully will tell, then I can decide if this is something I can do or If I need to pay gm to do it.. god that will suck!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys long time no post. Wow where to start

Well I moved to Penticton be. I just love it here. Much nicer then where I was. I also bought a 98 ls1 formula lmao. I'll post pics.

As for the lt1. Wow. Just wow. Okay so the opti spark was beyond gone. So it was replaced and the cam shaft seal. In addition to a bunch if other things. However the garage was a bunch of morons and I forcibly retook posesesion of my car after they tried to tell me it was all fixed and good. Then the second I started it codes were being thown. Hooked it to a scanner and found them maf was gone and a erg error. Turns out the value was long disconnected but for some reason they took my plug off the intake manifold. So it was sucking air!! Oh and they also took the plug out of the Elbow so that was sucking air. Was not impressed

Soa after fixing all that and moving here she is in much better shape but there are still issues. The idle is rock solid but she will miss or stumble and high rmp. And it really seems to lack low end grunt. A lot. Ian addition to surging when accelerating. So to be safe I am going t replace all the plugs and wires. No codes being thrown. If that does not fix it then I'm not exactly sure where to look next. Perhaps the icm?

Quick Reply: LT1 Advice please.