LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ltx Shootout announcement !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This sucks to hear but I know it is alot of work to orchestrate something like this. Hats off to Tony and Kyle for doing it this long, they did an awesome job. With that being said I think we should keep it at Beech Bend.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

yea im good with that beech bend is a great racetrack even though its a 18-20 hour drive for me

ill do whatever i can to keep it going its a great event with even greater people.........got alot of friends ive made that i look forward to hanging out with every year.......
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its gotta stay central to keep the attendance up. BG is a pretty perfect location for everyone and the track & area has been a great host up to this point. There is a reason a lot of National events like ours take place there.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a reason we chose Kansas City and Bowling Green. They were both centrally located that gave everyone across the nation equal opportunity to make the events.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope someone takes over. After all these years I finally can attend!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
There is a reason we chose Kansas City and Bowling Green. They were both centrally located that gave everyone across the nation equal opportunity to make the events.
I 100% agree, and you guys made the right choices on location.
We are all going to do our best to keep this alive!!!!!!! PMs and Emails have already started flying!!!!!!!! Tony you have one on the way!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Obviously everyone would like it closer to where they live, but that just can't happen. No it won't be in California, or Florida, or Oregon or whatever. Beech Bend raceway works pretty good. The track was excellent, the hotel was excellent, and since the shootout has been there in the past, the dollar amount can roughly be calculated for next year, assuming it will be close. A track like MIR might charge an extra grand just for a rental (I have no idea what it costs, just hypothetical). Someone should make a plotted map from the registration sheet from ltxshootout.com to see where everyone came from. I'm pretty sure noone from the west showed up, or maybe 1 or 2. Most guys were 8 hours and under away.

I have an idea for a participation award given out to all registrants, and I have a BIG hookup on getting that done. That way everyone who registers walks away with some hardware to hang on the wall.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind it being in BG. The shootout is always my motivation to try n get my car done. I will be driving 2-3 days for the next one coming from Phoenix, AZ. So I really hope this continues. I will do what I can to help out as well.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow! Beach Bend is a 16 hour trip. I'm not sure if my *** can sit that long. Is this a 1/4 mile track?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear that you are moving on. It has been great having someone as dedicated as you maintain this event over the last 4 years. Thank you! I'm willing to help in any way I can to keep the LTx event alive!

PS: I like having the LTx event in a central location like BG, JMO.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kansas City was sold. The City bought it and is going to turn it into a freakin' park...SO, that track is out of the question.

I hope to see this Shootout continue.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
Wow! Beach Bend is a 16 hour trip. I'm not sure if my *** can sit that long. Is this a 1/4 mile track?
i sat on my *** for 19 hours to get there lol
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

I hope we can continue the LTX Shootout and I don't fault Tony and Kyle for having to give up the burden, not one little bit. They are two of my best friends and I saw how much work they had to do to prepare for the event each year. I was an Army Officer in a prior life and was responsible numerous times for running events or running significant portions of large events. Ceremonies, training exercises, etc. and I know how much planning, preparation, and coordination goes into running something like this - at least a military equivalent. They carried a big burden for all of us to enjoy the four shootouts and my hat is off to them!

And another thought: a whole bunch of us LTX crazies are here in Texas. Tony and Kyle resisted the temptation to make the drive easy on our crew and did the harder right over the easier wrong by trying to hold the event as central as possible. The second largest group of participants comes from the Chicago area and we cannot screw them over by making it easy on us Texas boys.

Months ago, before last shootout, Tony and I talked about this. He and Kyle were already wondering if they could dedicate the work needed to do the event for a 5th time. I told Tony I would love to be one of the organizers but with my job and other obligations I just can't fit in the amount of time and effort it would take to do it right. That's how much work it takes. Besides, my LTX car won't stay together more than a couple months at a time anyway. Tony and Kyle can attest to that because in the midst of preparing the event, getting their own cars ready, and taking care of their families, these two stand up guys repeatedly found time in their busy schedules to stop by and help me fix my own POS car. They are truly both outstanding individuals in our sport.

Last edited by TWS; 11-15-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tony and Kyle,
I have to admit when you guys told me you were considering ending the series I was hoping you would change your mind. However, I totally understand your decision.

When the LSX series was created the LT1 platforms were not welcome. You two created an event so that the LT1 enthusiast would have a place to come together, to race and make friends. What started off as a one time event turned into four. Every year I Have seen growth and new faces at each event. Creating a event with out corporate funding, or big paying sponsors and still achieving a 50+ car count in this economy deserves a huge pat on the back. I would say you guys have done one hell of a job!

I have been happy to be apart of the LTX series and I hope that another race organization will see the potential of the LTX and build upon what you guys have started. I would hate to see such a good thing come to an end.

Whatever happens you guys have done a great job and created alot of friendships along the way for many people.

Chin up.
Dave
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have been to the last 2 LTx shootouts and it has been great both times. I came for the car show this year and stayed at the holiday inn. I had an awesome time and I definately owe some beers to some people. I had a starting problem after the races this year and Kyle Kline helped me out no problem and I made it home with no issues so I for sure owe him at least a case. All in all it is the best racing event I have ever attended and as long as it is within driving distance I intend to be there if I race or not, and if there is anything that I could help with the event I have no problems with helping out.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Basically we need 10 people to donate 1k and some volunteers. If we can do that we can make this happen. Then recoupe some of that after all is said and done. ie entrance for racers and spectators, merchandise, sponsors etc.
Im sure I can come up with 1k b4 the track rental deposit is due.
Who else is in?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flyinZ
Kansas City was sold. The City bought it and is going to turn it into a freakin' park...SO, that track is out of the question.

I hope to see this Shootout continue.
dont talk about **** you dont know what your talking about. Not trying to be a dick but nothing has happend yet and it isnt going too. K.Kemper can s a d. Im in keeping the track. The sig hasnt gone through nor the purchase transaction. please please dont say **** like this

edit: sorry sensitive subject

Last edited by draggin97s10; 11-16-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joelster
Obviously everyone would like it closer to where they live, but that just can't happen. No it won't be in California, or Florida, or Oregon or whatever. Beech Bend raceway works pretty good. The track was excellent, the hotel was excellent, and since the shootout has been there in the past, the dollar amount can roughly be calculated for next year, assuming it will be close. A track like MIR might charge an extra grand just for a rental (I have no idea what it costs, just hypothetical). Someone should make a plotted map from the registration sheet from ltxshootout.com to see where everyone came from. I'm pretty sure none from the west showed up, or maybe 1 or 2. Most guys were 8 hours and under away.

I have an idea for a participation award given out to all registrants, and I have a BIG hookup on getting that done. That way everyone who registers walks away with some hardware to hang on the wall.
x2 beech bend is probably the best compromises for location not to mention a very nice facility.

and as for those whining about the drive. we made the drive from fl with a 40ft gn. so man up and quit complaining.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Obligations, responsibilities and overall life happens which almost always puts the car and any sort of car activities on the back burner.
I would not argue in the slightest if the shootout was held at MIR.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
dont talk about **** you dont know what your talking about. Not trying to be a dick but nothing has happend yet and it isnt going too. K.Kemper can s a d. Im in keeping the track. The sig hasnt gone through nor the purchase transaction. please please dont say **** like this

edit: sorry sensitive subject
It sucks about KCIR but with the city basically wanting them gone they will eventually get their way.

Gateway is reopened next year. They actually ran a few races this year for a sellect group and the NHRA is already on the books for Oct.

There is also a new track that just broke ground outside of St. Louis that will be racing in the spring they say.

Quick Reply: Ltx Shootout announcement !!!