LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Shelby's going to be showing up at the strips

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Funny how human behavior is...

These exact arguments were being spawned by LT1 owners with the LS1 debut. The "LT1's make better midrange torque" argument was by far the best.
ha..that was an argument that coul've been easily solved by simply lining those cars up and watching the results..I had a 96 Firebird WS6 and liked the LT1 okay (alot more power than my 89 GT stang i had) but i raced my buds 2000 Z28 and he put a hurting on me even tho his car was stock and mine had 4.11 gears..he would pull good on the top end ..there I go blabbing again
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
no, i have'nt been keeping up with them..lol..i have been destroying them at the drag strip tho since keeping up with them is'nt an option for me. Indeed that was an impressive read on the BOSS 5.0 with a KB blower that you gave the link to..wich is an even better setup than the regular 5.0 (wich is the one i thought we was talking about ..?)..it would seem that technology has surpassed the old "bigger is better when it comes to engines" thing. BTW Ford has been selling blower kits that let GT mustangs keep their warranty for a few years now..nothing new there but it's nice if they want to gain only minimum HP since you know Ford is'nt gona let you throw some monster blower on that car and still warranty it. I have also heard alot of bad things about the manual transmissions going bad in them and other issues as well, they are good but they are'nt perfect by no means..they're just another mustang for me to beat at the track..would you like to see some vids of me beating a few bolt on 5.0's on drag radials?..my car is supercharged and i know thats the only reason i won..but anytime you beat a car that cost 2x what you have in your own car..that's always good
There's a ton of regular 5.0's running anywhere from mid 10's to 9's with a blower and tire.

http://youtu.be/3_LI816xU7o
Old 11-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
There's a ton of regular 5.0's running anywhere from mid 10's to 9's with a blower and tire.

http://youtu.be/3_LI816xU7o
yes man, I knew this already. I actually have been keeping an eye on the new 5.0's and blah blah blah...they are fast i got that..they respond awsome to boost i got that too. Honestly tho there are'nt TONS of supercharged 5.0's running around on the street...i just competed in the Pony wars @ South GA motorsprots park a couple months back and about 250 muscle cars showed up and nearly 30% of them where new 5.0's..I was in the semi finals in the 11 second class and lost out to the Steeda (their official test car and race car driver) 2011 5.0. he was running a 150 wet shot along with DR's and other mods like gears ect..ect..he bearely beat me..btw, out of all the new 5.0's there..none where boosted and there has'nt even been so much as a wisper in the local car scene here (Savanah GA area) about any boosted new 5.0's running around..they may have some vids up of them at the track all over youtube but I would say there are maybe only a few hundred out there that are maybe boosting so far..of course this will increase once time goes by along with price drops on the blower and cars..but by the time i get around to racing a boosted 5.0..i will be low 10's (tax time real soon yah know!)..BTW, maybe you need to sell your car and get you a new 5.0 ..you seem to think highly of them...they are nice, I agree..but there just another magic pony
Old 11-27-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Brand Loyalty is pretty stupid.
Agreed. I've always wanted a Vette so I'm likely going to get one. Next DD will likely be a brand new Tahoe LTZ

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
ROTFLMFAO!!

FYI, I was 24 when my Firehawk rolled off the truck special ordered by mysleft back in 1993. Bought it for over $30K. Not bought by mommy and daddy like some others. Then I proceded to spend the rest of my 6 figure salary on a house to put my Firehawk in.

If everything goes the way I plan it next year, and it usually does, my wife will have her 1st Mustang. The hardest part will be convincing her to get the 5.0 cause she doesn't want to have a gas guzzler while driving to the hospital every week.

So suck it bitch.
I was not implying that directly toward you. You cannot deny that my statement is true the vast majority of the time. Just like the average guy downs Lamborghini as the machine it is because very rarely can people afford them. Then you get into one and drive one around for a day (I have) and it is a completely different story.

I am 21 and in college and will be in your same position, but have worked and invested to the point where when I graduate, I'll have cash to throw down on a starter house, a new Tahoe LTZ, and likely $30k to drop on a used Corvette. I've always wanted a Corvette, so I'm going to make it happen

Good luck with the purchase for the wife. I'm lucky my girlfriend's dream car is also a Corvette if anything ends up happening longterm with her
Old 11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

i actually got a close freind who has a new 5.0 with exuast, CAI, Boss intake, 3.73 gears and a dyno tune..of course he lost when we raced at the track but i have been for a ride in his car and it's a very impressive car..i know 5.0's better than you may percieve

in this vid was just SOME of the cars that cam out to race at the pony wars..thats me @00:34 and my buddy in his 5.0 is like on my *** right behind me...and @ 4:52 is the Steeda 5.0 with a good bit of mods and a 150 shot (maybe a 125 shot not 100% sure) and he knokced me out of the semi finals in the quick 16 for the 11 second classhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4-sRVBHH10
then here is over a year ago where i raced the same steeda 5.0 back before it had nitrous and back before my car was painted black..of course i beat him ..ran an 11.4 to his 12.0 I thinkhttp://www.youtube.com/user/LongStroke351#p/u/11/ieM8ysiifzI

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 11-27-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: weetarded
Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh oh! 662 hp and 630 lb-ft of torque....http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ad-of-650.html

ZL1 may have it rougher than I thought...lol....where's the LS9 already?! Crank up the boost!

Quick Reply: New Shelby's going to be showing up at the strips