LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX SHOOTOUT Magazine Coverage in this months GMHTP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony I hope you come again, It would be a good run. I plan on making it there this year with my 3700lb A/C full leather street car.

Anymore details on your car?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:22 PM
9 Second Club

I was going to make a reply, but I prefer to keep my head out of the dirt. Stay classy and congrats AGAIN on the win!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club

Ps---> we all got a laugh at the exhaust off the car comment? Where did that come from?

You do know it has spiral-flow mufflers mounted to the headers,....right?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I was going to make a reply, but I prefer to keep my head out of the dirt. Stay classy and congrats AGAIN on the win!
That's all I do is to keep things classy and I never get involved in anything and congratulated your team how many times that day.

Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read the article for the first time. Once again, I have to say thanks to Justin and GMHTP for the coverage. I think that Justin did a great job of showing the spirit of the event. I had almost forgotten about the lady driving the wrong way down the track! This event still ranks as my favourite. I look forward to next year.

Like Mike, I always dreamed of getting my photo in a magazine. How cool!

Thanks GMHTP,

Daren
Old 12-10-2011, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Sure man,

What would you like to know about the car? It's a DEAD stock LT1 with a hotcam and some cheap headers. Raceweight was 3450 that day and we were on M/t 275/60's. The car makes about 290rwhp on N/a setup....lolol Rea gear was a 3.90 i think?

Bolt on....plus a little nitrous! Nitrous outlet's plate kit has been nothing short of PERFECT in Brian's car. I think we went 12.5's on our N/a pass before we turned the bottle on. It's got a really nice billet nitrous converter from FTI, so a big thanks to them too!

Thanks man! Brian did an excellent job driving it and we really worked hard to get everything out of that car (lol at his mph vs his competitors shows we were pulling every last bit out of the car). We are up in the air on whether to pull the Lt1 out of the car and move on or leave it in and come back with it this year again.

Actually, we don't understand how you feel?

That's pretty sad man. You're getting butt-hurt over that?! You won the class, you won the race, what more do you want?

I know we were just pumped we got magazine coverage of a AWESOME event! I wanted to personally THANK Justin for taking the time out of his outrageously busy schedule just to come to this event and for the effort and spread they did in the Magazine.

There was almost as much coverage of this event with 80 cars as there was of the LS fest with probably 5x the cars and you want to complain about the way they wrote it?

Which would you rather see: "Tony with the 396 ***** out Lt1 spraying a fogger kit barely eeked out the hotcam plate kit LT1 convertible in the finals". That's not really a big feather in your cap in terms of your tuneup in your car brother.

Again, congrats on the win, but use a little rational thought and be appreciative that they were even there to cover the event IMO.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we don't understand how you feel?

That's pretty sad man. You're getting butt-hurt over that?! You won the class, you won the race, what more do you want?

Which would you rather see: "Tony with the 396 ***** out Lt1 spraying a fogger kit barely eeked out the hotcam plate kit LT1 convertible in the finals". That's not really a big feather in your cap in terms of your tuneup in your car brother.

Again, congrats on the win, but use a little rational thought and be appreciative that they were even there to cover the event IMO.[/QUOTE]

Look man, I think you're pretty sad. Yeah its great I won but its also nice for the people to get the correct facts and not some incorrect info.

I wasn't one bit talking or complaining about you guys but since you want to make it personal with me at least get you facts straight.

Too bad my car is a full weight 3,700 lbs 6 speed car that is not a fogger set up. Just an old TNT Nitrous plate kit. Oh yeah still has a full interior with back seat and A/C that blows cold and on a hydraulic cam.
I played by the book and ran those crappy ET Streets and had to tune down the power since we're not allowed to run E.T. Drags. Catch my on some E.T. Drags and its a different story. At least I didn't take my exhaust off like you guys did in the finals and plus running a turbo 400 which isn't in the rules. Oh yeah you took out a 6 speed from you car last year to put in an auto and sorry that this 6 speed guy beat you guys!!

You wanted to go there as I didn't as all I was doing was expressing my feelings towards the magazine. There are others on here as well that feel the same about inconsistencies in articles, etc.

GMHTP wants to hear the good plus the bad. Open up there first pages and you'll see how they post peoples comments and its always not good.

I appreciate all they do and love that magazine but I wanted to express something that bothered me.

I have no issues with you or anyone on the boards as i've been around a long time but for you to come up with this crap and approach me like this wrong. Maybe you should use a little rational.[/QUOTE]

Ps---> we all got a laugh at the exhaust off the car comment? Where did that come from?

You do know it has spiral-flow mufflers mounted to the headers,....right?
Originally Posted by LT1TONY_
That's all I do is to keep things classy and I never get involved in anything and congratulated your team how many times that day.

Thanks again.
Oh boy I can't wait until next year Settle this on the track next year boys, it should make for some good racing.

And to everyone else out there that has given GMHTP some critisicm, why so negative? Be positive! this event happens because of all of the positive energy that comes from everyone involved. When you start focusing on the negative things is when things start falling apart!

I for one havent read the article yet but i dont even care if justin said i was a cocky ******* ***** in the article for all of the country to read. For one it is true and two my ****** car and I was in a NATIONALLY READ FAMOUS CAR MAGAZINE!!! What more can you ask for!

Guys our event is small potatoes right now and justin and scott are trying to help us make it big and famous! Hell all I want to do is make a name for myself in the racing world and Justin and Scott have been my golden ticket! and justin was probably one of the coolest down to earth guys i have ever met id freakin let that guy bang my gf he was so cool!

Next year is going to be great I can't wait! I have been Brewing up some ideas to help promote and market the event better and I am going to inform colin of them.

Will see a car count of 100 cars this upcoming year.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And to everyone else out there that has given GMHTP some critisicm, why so negative? Be positive! this event happens because of all of the positive energy that comes from everyone involved. When you start focusing on the negative things is when things start falling apart!
Well said!

I for one havent read the article yet but i dont even care if justin said i was a cocky a$$hole pr!ck in the article for all of the country to read. For one it is true and two my f@ckin car and I was in a NATIONALLY READ FAMOUS CAR MAGAZINE!!! What more can you ask for!
LOL!

.....and justin was probably one of the coolest down to earth guys i have ever met id freakin let that guy bang my gf he was so cool!
Did you talk to her about this?

Will see a car count of 100 cars this upcoming year.
That would be nice!

Tony, you crack me up. This has to be one of the best posts this site has ever had. Keep the positive energy going!! Take Care, Daren
Old 12-10-2011, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Tony I understand your frustration but please remember Justin Cesler not only had to be the photographer for the event, he had to take notes and rely on memory to write the article. I think he did a fantastic job as always on the article. There is always small mistakes made in media. It is too much stuff to remember with that many rounds of racing. In all of the articles and features I have been in, almost all of them have had small mistakes. Thats just part of it. We are very fortunate that GMHTP is there every year and I hope they will continue the support.

Congrats to you and everyone else that made it into the mag!
not to mention the heat everyone was sitting around in, hell I forgot I broke my car...lol

I was just glad he didn't print anything about my broken *** car even though he had some cheerleading to do so...

It was good coverage again this year...lets all hope the heat isn't 100*+ next year

And lets hope my N20 tune is on a little better than this year

Last edited by Racin96ss; 12-10-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I have some ideas to boost car count as well! Next year is gonna rock!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
not to mention the heat everyone was sitting around in, hell I forgot I broke my car...lol

I was just glad he didn't print anything about my broken *** car even though he had some cheerleading to do so...

It was good coverage again this year...lets all hope the heat isn't 100*+ next year

And lets hope my N20 tune is on a little better than this year
dude i loved your car! thing was sexy! def come next year! i don't think im going to run 2 classes so i will have more time to shoot the **** and admire it
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

LT1 Tony your a flipping douchbag ....... Ill touch more on this later....after im done wrenching on racin96ss tonight to whoop on your **** next year!!! As well as my junk!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
dude i loved your car! thing was sexy! def come next year! i don't think im going to run 2 classes so i will have more time to shoot the **** and admire it

Well...buy it then...lol

BTW....There is also a white ta that I could hook you up with too...They are both past winners That dont bitch about misprints

Watch out for Chi town in ESPA next year...especially the white ta since anyone that runs anything more than a 355 is a *****
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
Well said!

LOL!

Did you talk to her about this?

That would be nice!

Tony, you crack me up. This has to be one of the best posts this site has ever had. Keep the positive energy going!! Take Care, Daren

lol agreed......kid is a funny bastard.......ride 12 hours back and forth from MD with him you'll see what i mean lol........good times good times i cant wait till next year!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chased
LT1 Tony your a flipping douchbag ....... Ill touch more on this later....after im done wrenching on racin96ss tonight to whoop on your **** next year!!! As well as my junk!!!!!!!!!!
I dont even know who you are.... but bring it! I want all the fastest bolt on only cars out there next year i want the best of the very best! Racin96ss isnt in my class so you better start building a bolt on only car! Rememberrr strict rules!

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
Well...buy it then...lo

BTW....There is also a white ta that I could hook you up with too...They are both past winners That dont bitch about misprints

Watch out for Chi town in ESPA next year...especially the white ta since anyone that runs anything more than a 355 is a *****
Haha i have no money thats why i only do bolt ons so no buying cars for me! bring all the cars u have and prove that u are the fastest! i love it baby!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

I dont even know who you are.... but bring it! I want all the fastest bolt on only cars out there next year i want the best of the very best! Racin96ss isnt in my class so you better start building a bolt on only car! Rememberrr strict rules!

Haha i have no money thats why i only do bolt ons so no buying cars for me! bring all the cars u have and prove that u are the fastest! i love it baby!

Charles (Chased) and Chris (Racin96ss) are both past winners in EXPA 2009 & 2010. We all live around the same area.

Chitown bringing the pain next year...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
Charles (Chased) and Chris (Racin96ss) are both past winners in EXPA 2009 & 2010. We all live around the same area.

Chitown bringing the pain next year...
oh i gotcha! i think they were talking about the other tony anyways now that i reread the thread but screw it come on down and race this race is suppose to showcase the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest of what the LT1 motor has to offer. come out prove it and make a name for yourself!

this sh*t pumps me up!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to all who participated, and great to see coverage of the event. I wish I could make the trek from California to meet and run with a few of you.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

all it takes is a truck, u haul trailer, and a few bucks for gas and food.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

all it takes is a truck, u haul trailer, and a few bucks for gas and food.
I was gonna say the same thing! Tony and Mike went 18 hours one way to the race. Taner comes from Ontario, Canada. Some guys come from southern Florida. Make it a mini vacation, stop and see some sights on the way to break up the long drive.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
I was gonna say the same thing! Tony and Mike went 18 hours one way to the race. Taner comes from Ontario, Canada. Some guys come from southern Florida. Make it a mini vacation, stop and see some sights on the way to break up the long drive.
yeaaa or just barrel *** through non stop like we did lol

Quick Reply: LTX SHOOTOUT Magazine Coverage in this months GMHTP!