LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.

here is my HID kit in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight assembly with no modification to nothing to get them in place where the stock bulb goes. its a derect plug and play unit. what do you guys think

first pic is just one HID bulb on with a green bulb in

the third pic is with both lights on and are white.
Attached Thumbnails pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.-140caygv016.jpg   pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.-hid-2.jpg   pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.-microh3xenonhidfoglight.jpg   pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.-securedownload.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What projector is in it? Matchbox?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

i dont know the name of the projector. but they work great and are you talking matchbox cars lol or is there a brand of projector called matchbox
Old 12-31-2011, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Any pics of this installed in the car? Light output shots look like they are from a video and the other from a file photo. Output of both looks vastly different. Good effort but you will want to find a way to protect the projector lens. If the projector isn't sealed you will also run into issues in poor weather.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Knew BLS would be in this thread haha.

Yeah they are a brand of projectors and the only ones small enough I know of that will fit the LT1 housings. Got pictures of the projector itself?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

the projector is a sealed unit and wheather proof. ill have pics in the car tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

people have been running these HID projector housing for years with no issue. ive seen alot of imports run them. but its a HID housing made to run out in the open like a fog light. but i mde it for a camaro housing. not to be mean but $600 for housing it out ragous.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Knew BLS would be in this thread haha.
Certainly peaked my interest but the pics don't really show much.

Originally Posted by tt383lt1
people have been running these HID projector housing for years with no issue. ive seen alot of imports run them. but its a HID housing made to run out in the open like a fog light. but i mde it for a camaro housing. not to be mean but $600 for housing it out ragous.
This will be my last post in this thread as I do not have any intention of starting an argument. With that said, you are taking a shot at our upcoming product when you do not know how it is built or what we are putting into it. Final pricing has not been released and I can tell you, it will be less than $600.

As for your setup, you state the projector is waterproof, been used for years in other cars, but will not provide any other information. Even though a projector is meant to sit out in the open, road debris will still damage the lens. Additionally, since it seems your previous posts were fishing for potential sales, I would recommend purchasing or obtaining a better camera......and becoming a sponsor. You did not answer my previous questions regarding the light output shots. One pic looks like a file photo while the other, a generic picture of output on a wall. If you are using the projector below, how are you securing it to avoid the projector rotating in the housing?

Edit - Are these what you are using? Output shot you posted matches the pic provided on this site. The pic is not with a green bulb by the way. You can see the color temp of the lamp on the ground. The wall is a different color. http://sportsautotech.com/products/h...hid-foglights/

Last edited by BLSolutions; 01-01-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Looks pretty ghetto rigged to me. Would much rather pay extra to go with a proven company with a proven product like BLS...
Old 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those pics are so small and bad quality that I cannot tell anything of the light output. Better pics please.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Certainly peaked my interest but the pics don't really show much.

This will be my last post in this thread as I do not have any intention of starting an argument. With that said, you are taking a shot at our upcoming product when you do not know how it is built or what we are putting into it. Final pricing has not been released and I can tell you, it will be less than $600.

As for your setup, you state the projector is waterproof, been used for years in other cars, but will not provide any other information. Even though a projector is meant to sit out in the open, road debris will still damage the lens. Additionally, since it seems your previous posts were fishing for potential sales, I would recommend purchasing or obtaining a better camera......and becoming a sponsor. You did not answer my previous questions regarding the light output shots. One pic looks like a file photo while the other, a generic picture of output on a wall. If you are using the projector below, how are you securing it to avoid the projector rotating in the housing?

Edit - Are these what you are using? Output shot you posted matches the pic provided on this site. The pic is not with a green bulb by the way. You can see the color temp of the lamp on the ground. The wall is a different color. http://sportsautotech.com/products/h...hid-foglights/
Its the same housing as that but a little diffrent. And for it not spinning in the housing i made it so it does not spinn with some brackets.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

So theres nothing around the "bulb" part persay? People gave the BLS headlights hell over the "non stock" look of having projectors and they are hidden in a full housing.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
So theres nothing around the "bulb" part persay?
You mean the "projector" lens?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tt383lt1
here is my HID kit in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight assembly with no modification to nothing to get them in place where the stock bulb goes. its a derect plug and play unit. what do you guys think

first pic is just one HID bulb on with a green bulb in

the third pic is with both lights on and are white.

Sign Me UP! I'll take some!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

any more progress?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Location: Weatherford Tx 76085 corner of N. Hwy 51 and 150 Green branch Rd.

Please do update us when you can!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

sorry about being slow. Ive been really busy at work. the light pattern is really good i had them compaired to the stock and there 10 times better. ( they were not in the car yet.) but i got the headlights in the car but not wired up yet. here is one pic to compair with the stock housing. i should have them wired in this weekend but my car is striped down with the engine out right now. and the car is in the garage with barley any room in front of the car for light out put.

but this weekend my goal is to have the HID kit installed and get my yukon 3.25 bearing bolt threw case with light wieght 3.25 gear together. i posted another pic of my case im doing too.

oh plus i have to paint a car tomorrow at my second job...
Attached Thumbnails pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.-securedownload.jpg   pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.-yukoncase-sup-yk-1350b.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

BLS - Wow you're sensitive. He's fishing for sales in his posts? All he said was "what do you guys think", looking for feedback. Are you seriously threatened by him because he made his own "projector headlights"? I think before you go insulting this guy for absolutely no reason (from what I can see), you should have some class if you want to get people to buy products from you.

I'm interested to see some progress on these, nice job man for taking some initiative and trying something new. They really don't look half bad. I wanna see some better quality pictures and some more details though!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Are they fog light projectors or headlight projectors?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

i will take better pics this weekend for sure. but thanks everyone. its a HID housing with the mesurements of 2.25 by 2.4. and the one im guessing there using is the bi- xenons that mesure are 2.75x 3.14 that is the smallest one i can find for bi xenon.

But these light shinned all the way across the street on the houses with no hot spot

my future plans are. im going to start to make a set with bi- xenon in a month or so once i have more time. but im going to get 3 pieces of metal machined and have them put in a plastic injection molding machine and see how good they look. i cant think of buying four lights for 1000 bucks when i can get my own custom set with molds for cheaper.

Quick Reply: pics of my HID conversion in a stock 93 to 97 camaro headlight. i want input.