LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

carb'd 383 in 94 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vengeance84
If it is optispark chandlermotorsports offers a lifetime warranty opti i think around $130
yea good luck with them lol. junk *** ****. my lasted a few months

Last edited by SexyTransAm; 04-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee robb
What did it take to put carbed in ur car. I am curious bout clearence on carb and dist, and fuel line, did u change opti spark? that is what im tryn to do, get rid of computer stuff, my lt1 is built but i cant figure out y it is running like ****. It is bored 30 over, lt4 cam kit and has every upgrade u can do but i cant get it to run good. It sits and sounds mean but as soon as i drive it, it back fires and spits. I replaced every sensor and only thing i can think is optispark is messing up. any imfo would be appreciated.
Have any advice. what experience u have had.anything would help

Far as resolving whatever is wrong with the current LT1 setup I think a new thread with detailed accounts of what is modified and all problems is in order.
That said last time I drove an hour and a half to help someone with a rebuilt motor they just could not get to run right it was crossed plug wires and a POS MSD opti, we had it running in a few hours.
Sometimes when you can't figure something out it is just best to find someone else local to look. We all overlook our own mistakes sometimes and fresh eyes find them quick.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did it take to put carbed in ur car. I am curious bout clearence on carb and dist, and fuel line, did u change opti spark? that is what im tryn to do, get rid of computer stuff, my lt1 is built but i cant figure out y it is running like ****. It is bored 30 over, lt4 cam kit and has every upgrade u can do but i cant get it to run good. It sits and sounds mean but as soon as i drive it, it back fires and spits. I replaced every sensor and only thing i can think is optispark is messing up. any imfo would be appreciated.
i re-drilled a victor jr intake for a SBC, and i bought a msd pro-billet and a digital 6-AL box.

I ran all new fuel lines, and new fuel filter, new fuel pressure regulator.

im not the best guy to ask if your looking to keep as much factory as you can.... i built mine from a empty shell of a car on up.

Quick Reply: carb'd 383 in 94 trans am