LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT4 Hotcam

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by esoteric18
buy it then resell it
to me, Ill put it to great use and put a hotcam only LT1 deep into the 11s.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guppymech
WATCH OUT! Here come the hotcam haters!
On Saturday I trapped 107.93 with the hotcam on stock 1.5 stamped rockers. Not too bad if you ask me.
LOL...just like the cast crank haters...

The LT4 Hotcam is still a good cam for a budget street car.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Oh ****, dont put a LT4 Hot cam in your car it will go SLOWER!!!!

Don't run a cast crank either, it will BREAK!!!

This **** kills me everytime I see it.

Stock bottom end CAST CRANK LT4 with LT4 Hot cam on the bottle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2alf4vMpS1M
Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4
Oh ****, dont put a LT4 Hot cam in your car it will go SLOWER!!!!

Don't run a cast crank either, it will BREAK!!!

This **** kills me everytime I see it.

Stock bottom end CAST CRANK LT4 with LT4 Hot cam on the bottle.
There is a huge difference between the stock cast crank and a scat/eagle cast cranks. The stock one is an awesome piece and you won't here anyone argue about its quality. If I had a choice to build a stock crank 355 or a cast eagle crank stroker hands down it would be the 355 with an OEM crankshaft.

There is not one person here that says the lt4 hotcam will go slower or wont gain, in fact everyone here has said its a proven performer and just old technology now and there is better choices.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 355z28
There is a huge difference between the stock cast crank and a scat/eagle cast cranks. The stock one is an awesome piece and you won't here anyone argue about its quality. If I had a choice to build a stock crank 355 or a cast eagle crank stroker hands down it would be the 355 with an OEM crankshaft.

There is not one person here that says the lt4 hotcam will go slower or wont gain, in fact everyone here has said its a proven performer and just old technology now and there is better choices.
I was just being sarcastic....about the being slower part.... As far as the old technology...Advance Inductions has a good read on camshaft technology...

The "New Technology" Myth - Often, camshaft or lobe series releases are accompanied by claims that they are the product of technological breakthrough. With rapid advancement in many areas of our lives, it is understandable that the studied consumer would be inclined to believe this claim is not only reasonable, but would be a necessity for designs to be improved.

However, several facts undermine the significance of this assertion. Notably, the reality that leading edge cam & valve train design software still employ decades old mathematic formulas. This should come as no surprise considering man has been utilizing cam actuation for centuries. Beyond this, aside from moving to a different valve train arrangement (e.g. OHC), the variables in play (not the values) typically remain very similar for a given style of valve train. Lobe design alterations are precipitated by changes in those variable values such as reciprocating mass, lifter characteristics, and camshaft base circle radius. As we progress we are refining designs rather than revolutionizing them.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/LSX...BilletCams.php
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll probably be pulling my cam this month or next, I'll sell it to you for $200. Its an LE one. trapped 117ish in an auto with a 9inch.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
I'll probably be pulling my cam this month or next, I'll sell it to you for $200. Its an LE one. trapped 117ish in an auto with a 9inch.
Pm sent
Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

200 for the kit unopened/unused is a good deal...i'm sure you've got that point by now.

I still run the hot cam KIT...I paid a lot more back when I got it.

My car is a M6, but its full bolts, 4:10's, and this kit...It's a great improvement and good for street/strip. I drive mine mostly on the weekends now, but I used to DD on this setup.

If my car was race only, I would consider something else...but since 90% of my time is spent on the street, I still love this setup.

Quick Reply: LT4 Hotcam