LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Static Compression Race/Pump.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
Exactly why I don't feel like responding here. Being one of what... 3 members on here with actual E85 experience... SMH
I'm not exactly a stranger to internet forums but I've been more on the "lurk" here these past few weeks than anything else. I picked up the Z28 a few weeks ago as something to have a little fun with.

As an 'outsider' looking in, it seems we have a number of combatant posters who are not so much interested in learning or discussion as they are in stuffing someone in a hole for saying something they may not agree with. That doesn't seem too conducive with a learning and sharing type atmosphere, and it seems from reading other threads, many people are wondering why certain key people have gone away?

Then again, I work in a heavily science-oriented field where we're mostly interested in data and facts, and once a theory is reached, we hope someone can disprove it before we've spent too much of our own time with it.

I like lots of varying perspectives on things -keeps this hobby exciting. I'll go to the Ferrari forums if I want smarmy responses steeped in whatever preconceived notions one may have gleaned about the author.

And that's my welcome to the forums speech.

Thanks for the kind words on the Daytona, much appreciated.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea i have stock wheels/tires on my car now... can't hook in 3rd gear

It's not like a stumble, but it makes noticeably less power with the leaner A/F. If I was going past 1.00 I would understand the diminishing returns...

On a side note, my cam is so big I cruise at ~60kpa at 2600-3000. If I give it a good bit of gas it makes 48-54kpa while accelerating at 3800-4200. Idle at 78-81kpa. It makes it difficult to get acceleration fueling dialed when vacuum RISES with more throttle

With the small bore and small chamber you'll be working with on the LT1, and good squish you could run 13-13.5:1 easily and safely depending on cam choice. The 14:1+ stuff just doesn't belong on the street IMO
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
With the small bore and small chamber you'll be working with on the LT1, and good squish you could run 13-13.5:1 easily and safely depending on cam choice. The 14:1+ stuff just doesn't belong on the street IMO
That's pretty much my feeling on the issue as well.

Of course, I live in Texas and we see better than 70% humidity here for good portions of the summer, and with ethanol's affinity for water, you're octane rating is in a constant state of flux here. Not so much of an issue for my trailer-queen road race car, but something I would definitely be concerned about in a daily driver.

I'd also stay vigilant of oil condition, which you could confirm with a sample test to Blackstone easily enough. Use compliant oils. I've had to go two steps colder on the plug, with a 1.5mm gap. I'd imagine the same is going to be true of a street driver.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
So you personally run E-85, and have built multiple engines below and above 13.5:1 to verify this theory?
What's NASCAR running now? E15 or E85?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Sunoco Green E15.

Quick Reply: Static Compression Race/Pump.