LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

i got my tune today from pmcforless help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He said, the fans was not on..and PCM has engine on High Power ..cause he has a valve cover leak..

Some people should just quit while their behind..
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Sumbalt1;16569393]the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

I seldom have a shitty reply for anyone but I think your best bet is sell your car buy a moped and take some english classes at the local community college.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

When my pcm goes into "high power" I shoot oil to the moon.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Sumbalt1, you seem to be pretty new to all this.

Firstly, welcome to LS1tech! SEARCH will be your best friend.

As you are new to fixing up and hot rodding cars, you need to do more research when diagnosing a problem.

When you look for help here, list what your car is and what's been done to it. I'm concerned that you're running 4.11 gears on the highway. Is this your daily driver? Mileage? What other work was done to the car? Did you do it or did you have a shop do the work?

Before jumping the gun on a problem, you need to first go through some basic troubleshooting before looking elsewhere.

Also, your post makes PCMForless look at fault when they weren't.

I understand some have had some issues with them (like 96capricemgr said) but I've just got my fifth mail order tune from them (for my '03 Blazer) and they've done a great job-again.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumbalt1
the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
That could possibly be the best thing ever said on an Lt1 board. Forget the Ls1 intakes on the Lt1 heads...this takes it to a whole new level!

I also have a pcmforless tune currently. Fans turn on when they should, car doesnt even get close to the old stock running temp, it runs but not perfect. Im not protecting pcmforless, Im just giving my results.

If this all started after the mail order tune, you kind of have no choice but to QUESTION the tune. If you call/email and complain and blame them outright you will just get an enemy and probably zero help.

If this all started after 4 months of downtime and the car being ripped apart...You need to look over your own work. You also need to look over your own car and make sure all the fuses and relays are functioning as they should. As well as the cooling system not having an air pocket in it. You said headers...did you brake the coolant temp sensor?

96caprice having problems to me is kind of....suspected? Isnt he a 10 second car? To me its asking a little much when your build gets to that point to rely on a mail order tune. It just seems on that level you need real time street tuning, atleast it seems that way to me. But I dont know the background on his car and the problems he had with pcmforless.

Last edited by trilkb; 07-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

ok thanks everybody i found the problem it ws a oil leak from the valve cover i guess it must of pop the seal when i test driven it the day i got the pcm back ....and all fan are wire to come on when car start
I'm taking this to mean he's got the car running properly or found the real cause of the problem and is on the way to getting it properly running and all good again.

Sumbalt1, confirm?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by strasser_3
When my pcm goes into "high power" I shoot oil to the moon.

I almost spit out my drink...
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

i got my tune today from
pmcforless and now my car is over heating do i need to get a transcooler a tranny tune up or coolant flush i need help i have 4.10 gears a longtube headers

***fixed***

Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***fixed***

That's a little better, was that so hard to do? Don't mean to be a dick but when we can't even comprehend what you're saying, how can we help you?

Quick Reply: i got my tune today from pmcforless help