LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The story of my 94 Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someday I will build the spare motor I have downstairs to drop in. Plans for it as of now are forged pistons & rods, stock crank, mild cam, ported stock heads, and supporting valvetrain. But this is a long way off in my mind. Right now I'm just looking forward to being able to enjoy my car again.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Here's a few pics of the work I did this weekend. I didn't quite get as much done as I was hoping, but I'm still shooting to be finished up enough to get some driving time in late this week.

Here you can see the area where the spring and shock sit into. I got both sides cleaned up and painted today. I also painted the springs, and the brake rotors..

As you can see, there is some red overspray on my undercoating, so I'm going to spray some more to cover that up. I was wanting to build it up a little thicker under there anyways. Hoping to do that tomorrow.. but they're calling for rain.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

No rain today, so I was able to get the rest of my undercoating sprayed today after work. Most of my time was spent masking everything off really good. I didn't want to get any undercoat on my shiny new paint..

I also got a package in the mail today

Thanks to Roger at Emblem Pros, they look great!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car's coming out great! Keep us updated.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

So I did some work the last couple of days.. I got all the new stuff installed, and all the old stuff reinstalled. Then I put on my wheels, and finally got to drive it down the road.. The good news is that nothing fell apart, and everything seems to be working The bad news is that the rear howls like a banshee. However it might seem louder than it really is since the only thing in my car right now is a seat and the dash Regardless, I'm glad I will be laying down some sound deadener in the coming weeks.. I'll just have to double it up back there or something.

A few issues I have to fix still:
- Wire in a relay to fix the cruise/ABS INOP from my SS spoiler
- Figure out why my brake lights mysteriously stopped working
- Figure out why the rear corner lights & license plate light aren't working
- Figure something out with my right side SFC. The center mount isn't lining up half as good as it should be. (left side fits PERFECTLY) I emailed UMI about it Friday night, so hopefully I will hear something back from them this week.

Then finally wash her and install my new emblems...

Anyways, on with the pics!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Looks pretty sharp, dude. Now, drive the hell out of it before the weather gets poor. What kind of cutout/opener is that? I like the turndown idea.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, I plan on it! Might get some wet snowflakes tonight, but nothing that will stick.. The cutout is QTP brand
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good sir!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Looks great man, nice work!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SchaefZ28
Thanks, I plan on it! Might get some wet snowflakes tonight, but nothing that will stick.. The cutout is QTP brand
How big is the cutout (diameter)? Planning to go with same setup cutout with magna flow catback.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. Tiny update: Resolved my lighting situation in the rear.. The stop/hazard fuse was blown, disabling my brake lights. And there was a lose wire in the harness connector for the side marker lights and license plate light. I also drove it out on some rural highways for the first time, only a few miles. I'm going to jack it back up today and make sure everything is good and tight before I start driving it everywhere. May or may not tackle the spoiler wiring today too..

323steel36, The cutout piping itself is a 3" Summit cutout, coupled to a 3" QTP electric cutout, with a 3" stainless steel universal turndown from summit. I have a few idle/rev/dyno vids on youtube from when I first installed it if you want to get an idea of the sound.. (same username) -- However it's with longtube headers as well
Old 11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Ok, I've got a little more done on the car..

- Brake lights not working was a blown fuse -- Fixed
- Marker lights and license plate lights not working was a lose wire in the connector of the harness -- Fixed
- Got the speedo dialed in for the most part. Best I could do using tuner pro rt was within 1-3mph of the gps I was using (tomtom)
- Wired a relay into the SS spoiler harness. My ABS light is off for the first time in a few years..
- Removed the tint from the rear window. It had been slowly falling down from the top, and it needed to go. Scraping all the glue off was a hell of a job..
-Started laying down some of the sound deadener.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

I haven't done a whole lot on the car lately, been busy with other things. I do have more of the raammat bxt2 layed down, but I don't have any decent pics of it to post up. I got all my emblems put on, and swapped the berger panel on too the other day.

Thanks to Roger at emblempros for making some awesome stuff for these cars..

Work has slowed down on it lately since it's starting to get cold out. I'm finally getting around to doing some much needed (and admittedly neglected) repairs on the festiva this weekend to get it ready for winter. But I'll continue to update this thread whenever I get something accomplished!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Launching!

Great Build!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Next time for tint buy a cheap steam cleaner, helps out quite a bit.

And nice build, great seeing progress
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Well it looks like the weather has finally decided that it's spring... So it's time to start working on the car again. Fortunately, I have a new (better paying) job this year! Unfortunately, that means I have less time to mess with the car. But I'll get it done sooner or later.

Easter was the nicest day we've had so far, so I took the opportunity to wash up the car and stick on my new hurst badge.

Then tonight I put down another couple sheets of the raamat. I'm hoping to work on it for an hour or two after work on most nights..

I'm also going to have to remember to take a few pics of a few other goodies I picked up over the winter.....
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

I think I've got enough of the raamat on there, now I'm moving onto the ensolite. Going for as much coverage as I can get with this stuff, so it's gonna be tedious in some areas. I've got about half of the trunk well covered. I'll get some pics once I get a little farther along..

As promised, a few pictures of the goodies I found over the winter....
My seats are in pretty good condition. They don't have any tears in them, but they have some wear, or scuff mark, or something on the bolster. I found these in a partout, and for the price I couldn't pass them up, as they're as close to perfect as I think I'm going to find.

I also scored a few more parts from the same partout.
A set of Hotchkis sway bars for a price I couldn't pass up. From my reading, it sounds like the rear bar is a little larger than it really ought to be, but I'm going to run it and see how it goes.

Pretty good deal on this adjustable panhard bar too. I went ahead and picked it up. I'm still on the fence about getting lowering springs for when I change out my front shocks. I think a set of stranos would be nice stance wise, but I'm looking for comfy ride quality above anything for right now..

I'm also pretty excited about the steering wheel I got out of that car too. Mine has 200k miles of wear on the top left side of the wheel, and this one is in really good shape. Unfortunately forgot to get a pic of it.

Finally, I got these bad boys from a member on another site for a hell of a deal. Brand new Manley 6" H-Beam rods. They'll have a spot on the shelf for the foreseeable future..
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Here's what I've done so far with the PS Ensolite. Probably used up about half of what I had. I might have to order some more, we'll see. I'm trying to get the large areas covered, then go back and fill in all the gaps.

Would have probably got a lot more knocked out today, but I had to do a little work on the DD instead.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Do you notice a difference with that pad in there?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

I sure hope so. Haven't driven it at all yet with the padding in there lol.

Quick Reply: The story of my 94 Z