LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

We need a "hardcore" lt1 forum...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guppymech
So now the measure of a persons technical prowess is how fast their car is??? You guys are full of Pompassitude!
Lol really? No attitude here I wouldnt be able to post there for a few more months. How is it such a crazy idea that only the guys who are proven to go fast can post in the "hardcore" section? Maybe 9's would be better. But for us guys wanting to go fast and wanted info and ideas we wouldn't have to sort thru fifty damn "I just bought a lt1 how many lbs of boost can I throw at it with stock injectors and tune" threads.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
LMFAO!! X2! In the TBT area

So what would be considered "Hard Core"? I just have a little street car
We have to keep in mind this is more of a sheltered forum. When members over there are pounding on Billy Glidden, Pat Musi and other huge names in truely professional racing, it kinda puts things in perspective. Suddenly roller rocker choices and forged vs cast rotating assemblies seem small time. My 56 Belair has a 555 ci that runs low 9's in street trim, over there if your street car isn't in the 8's your ****. LOL. I think your street car is badass but when your in the 9's and you've got a 1000 guys in the 8's suddenly my high 11 second LT1 Vette is a stone. Real I don't mind because it is what it is. It does get old reading the same old **** over and over but feel good knowing you may have saved someone some pain and cash. As for tech here, here is a little help, A stock LT1 puts out 240 to 255 hp. A full bolt on puts down 300. A good H/C/I car will make 400 to 450. Boosted 450 to 500. Gears and converters make you faster in the 1/4 but only if you can get it to hook with tires and suspension work. Any other questions post them up.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

So now the measure of a persons technical prowess is how fast their car is??? You guys are full of Pompassitude!
I think I'd much rather hang out in the "commoners" section.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pompass? Maybe
Arrogant? Maybe.

But unlike many here I can walk the walk and talk the talk.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I think I'd much rather hang out in the "commoners" section.
Silly commoners.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

It may not be a bad idea.

Being able to prove yourself/car to be in it? May not be the best idea.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I first started going to YB many years ago My usually had 11s on the windshield

Hardcore has many meanings to many people. Mech Is hard core for sure and has nothing to prove to me in any way shape or form. I on the other hand am not as Hard core as I used to be. Only because much of my time and money has gone into growing my business and family needs.

Some day i will be hard core.

Speaking of Hardcore how about that Honeycut thread!

BTW I am trying to pick up 30MPH in the 1/8th
Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never get into that section, i keep building and stripping the car back down and build back up... Hell i've had my LTx car for 9 years and my best run at Bandi was a 15.52 (stock car) and have never taken any combo back since, just play on the country roads in Mexico.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
CZ28.com had an active one for a while in the early and mid 2000's, however it started getting overrun with basic tech questions. Mods there started expressing their frustration at having to endlessly move basic tech question posts to the point of wanting to disable the forum. It's still there, but is still quite overrun with basic questions and is almost dormant.
You know what I mean by the thread title, and I was thinking exactly of cz28 when I made this thread after having a few beers It'd be nice to have a larger base of lt1 smartypantses.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

this kinda sucks. my cars never been to the track but i know im hardcore. on low boost 10psi it put down 730rwhp. i run 25 psi on the street but i dont have any numbers for 25 psi. through a th400 and 9". but yet i have no time slip to prove how fast it is other than beating know fast cars around my house.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transbird95
Thank you very much! I didn't mean anything bad btw.
I know you didn't,I appreciate you mentioning us. I'm trying to follow and see what is wanted by "hardcore."

Is it LT1/LT4 specific section, or legitimately a section for the single digit owners... or is it a certain hp..... etc.....

Im trying to be politically correct on someone else s site here and not step on any toes, yet if we have the ability to help... I want to be the one to do so.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Shoebox has a boatload of writeups, but they are not really linked to this site. All we really need is 1 good thread full of JUST writeups, nobody writing "thanks" and "awesome" and taking up space, just

HOW TO INSTALL LONG TUBES

HOW TO REPLACE OPTI

HOW TO TRAP DOOR METHOD FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT

HOW TO DELETE AIR/EGR AND BLOCK OFF EMISSION PORTS

etc etc

Or we need more people to go to LTxtech
sawzall...........lol

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
would a half fill only be half hardcore?

Originally Posted by BIGCAT7274
any thing that can 60ft in the 1.3x's or quicker. you should be required to produce a time slip and video before you can have access.

Originally Posted by Dave357LT1
I agree unless you run 10.xxx or faster with proof you cant post. But you can read and learn. Altho a lot of guys running fast are not always to quick to spill their "secrets"
problem with that is a guy with a big checkbook whos a moron could get in there........hell if that was the rules for the ls1 section all it takes is a turbo and a stock ls1......you could be a friggin mororn and do it ive seen it too many times

Originally Posted by fex77k
I'll tell anyone what parts I run, getting a combo dialed in is the big secret.
amen!!

Originally Posted by 93 LT1 Vette
We have to keep in mind this is more of a sheltered forum. When members over there are pounding on Billy Glidden, Pat Musi and other huge names in truely professional racing, it kinda puts things in perspective. Suddenly roller rocker choices and forged vs cast rotating assemblies seem small time. My 56 Belair has a 555 ci that runs low 9's in street trim, over there if your street car isn't in the 8's your ****. LOL. I think your street car is badass but when your in the 9's and you've got a 1000 guys in the 8's suddenly my high 11 second LT1 Vette is a stone. Real I don't mind because it is what it is. It does get old reading the same old **** over and over but feel good knowing you may have saved someone some pain and cash. As for tech here, here is a little help, A stock LT1 puts out 240 to 255 hp. A full bolt on puts down 300. A good H/C/I car will make 400 to 450. Boosted 450 to 500. Gears and converters make you faster in the 1/4 but only if you can get it to hook with tires and suspension work. Any other questions post them up.

very true.......the way it is now everybody and their uncle has gone after the cheap turbo hp.......it takes a big wallet and a small brain and you can make 700hp by mistake......its sad.......everybody asks me lately how come i didnt go turbo......my answer.......i know what im doing so i didn't need it to keep up with your half assed turbo builds....lol

Originally Posted by tt383lt1
this kinda sucks. my cars never been to the track but i know im hardcore. on low boost 10psi it put down 730rwhp. i run 25 psi on the street but i dont have any numbers for 25 psi. through a th400 and 9". but yet i have no time slip to prove how fast it is other than beating know fast cars around my house.
love to see a dyno sheet of that.....so basically its a 475-500 rwhp motor with no boost??
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To have a truly healthy tech forum you're always going to have plenty of people coming in and asking fairly basic questions that haven't been news to the rest of us for over a decade. It is what it is, and the only reason for tech forums of any kind to exist is for like-minded people to give each other a hand in persuing their hobbies. I, for one, don't mind taking a few seconds or a couple minutes and answering these basic questions as best I can, if my knowledge can save someone some time/money/frustration then I'm happy to give it.

Now yea, I don't want to see questions about a Moroso CAI or a TB bypass or swapping a fuel filter in a section pretaining to in-depth driveline rebuilds for 9 second cars either, but you get what I am saying.

CZ28 had a very nice level of good activity back in 2000-2004 or so and some of the longtime members are still around, but most people on there simply have sold their cars or moved onto something else. We also tend to forget that the LT1 crowd has gotten a lot smaller since the early 2000s. I just wish we wern't as fragmented.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

these cars are quite affordable now so it only makes sense there will be tons more newbies buying them and posting the same old newbie questions.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

So with another forum it will segregate all the bad ************* from us less fortunate? I'm all for it. Make it so!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Invite only?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Invite only?
OH NO MR. BILL!!! --not the high society clique!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was like member 23 at CZ28. It was ground breaking at the time and it changed the face of the internet.

We left because of the basic crap. We found a local group at LS1.com and moved with them to Tech. When @#!t hit the fan here we moved to LSx Nation. It has not been the same. People grow old and priorities change, car get sold and members move on.

I was always the Odd man out with the LTx car. It was always ready to teach a lesson

I needed a break from the bickering and stupidity that was going on here so I evedn stopped coming to this area for a few years. I spend most of my time at YB and NOT in the LS area. To many idiots there to. Most of my time is in the tech area's and the drag racing and TBT area. I made a ton of good friends there and we all help each other out. My car is just another expesive slow car. Breaking the LTx N2O record will only get my to normal there

I am not sure where I was going with this but You will seldom see check many of the "How to change my fuel filter" threads
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...g-ls1tech.html

Maybe you guys should make your own forum and stop bitching on here? It ruins the tech aspect when you make non-tech threads here
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...g-ls1tech.html

Maybe you guys should make your own forum and stop bitching on here? It ruins the tech aspect when you make non-tech threads here
I don't think I've seen you make one technical post in at least two years.

Quick Reply: We need a "hardcore" lt1 forum...