LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 Z28... put on 52mm throttle body.. tb vaccum lines shot

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Z28... put on 52mm throttle body.. tb vaccum lines shot

hey guys-
I put a 52mm throttle body on my car today. well why i was taking it off, I went to take off the vaccum lines there..the crankcase ventialtion tube and the other little odd shaped vaccum line (i think 3/8" one side and 1/8" on the other). well the crankcase vent tube is cracked..and oreillys and autozone dont have replacements
so i bought an oil breather cap instead to push in, in place of the crankcase ventilation tube...jacka** at oreillys gave me too big off bypass caps so I had to put the damaged line crankcase ventialtion hose back on (it isn't all that bad...i think it still seals.
well i need to find out what that otehr little 90 deg. rubber elbow is called (like chevy terms) so i can tell the dealership what i need....
or is this something I may be able to find at hoem deport or lowes or soemthing?
that little tube is trashed...and i mean trashed.
if i can just cap off the little 1/8" line, and cap off the line at the throttle body, will this work?
so I would end up with:
1. oil breather where crankcase ventialtion tube meets the valve covers
2. 3/8" bypass cap at top throttle body hose outlet
3. another bypass cap on lower vaccum outlet
4. a 1/8" bypass cap on the little line

and if this would work, would I still pass emmisions?

thanks guys
Old 04-18-2004, 02:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You need to post in the LT1 section.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BWilson77080
hey guys-
I put a 52mm throttle body on my car today. well why i was taking it off, I went to take off the vaccum lines there..the crankcase ventialtion tube and the other little odd shaped vaccum line (i think 3/8" one side and 1/8" on the other). well the crankcase vent tube is cracked..and oreillys and autozone dont have replacements
so i bought an oil breather cap instead to push in, in place of the crankcase ventilation tube...jacka** at oreillys gave me too big off bypass caps so I had to put the damaged line crankcase ventialtion hose back on (it isn't all that bad...i think it still seals.
well i need to find out what that otehr little 90 deg. rubber elbow is called (like chevy terms) so i can tell the dealership what i need....
or is this something I may be able to find at hoem deport or lowes or soemthing?
that little tube is trashed...and i mean trashed.
if i can just cap off the little 1/8" line, and cap off the line at the throttle body, will this work?
so I would end up with:
1. oil breather where crankcase ventialtion tube meets the valve covers
2. 3/8" bypass cap at top throttle body hose outlet
3. another bypass cap on lower vaccum outlet
4. a 1/8" bypass cap on the little line

and if this would work, would I still pass emmisions?

thanks guys
Check out www.camaroz28.com too. That site is much more LT1 friendly and has a lot of cool members that are very knowledgable.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

cool thanks guys
Old 04-18-2004, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Just use braided rubber tube for whatever size it is. If it fits, it'll work.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

right..but it's two different sizes on each end, one real small like 1/8" and the otehr end slightly bigger to fit onto the bottom tube on the throttle body
Old 04-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the help guys. if you are ever looking for the same part...its #5 on their chart of the throttle body/intake manifold......

its not only the elbow, but also the entire piece going back to the sensor or whatever for teh charcoal canister...thats why i couldnt find it.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Another emergency option till you get the right elbow is using a 90 deg rubber coil boot (90deg elbow), for whatever reason I've had a couple extras in the MSD boxes and one weekend it proved useful when the dealership was closed and the autopart stores were clueless to the size. It fits the hard plastic tube perfect that goes to your EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve. I used a secondary PCB valve running to the bigger TB vac line and for the elbow I used a hard PVC black elbow from Autozone and the same sized 3/8" line.

Quick Reply: 94 Z28... put on 52mm throttle body.. tb vaccum lines shot