LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My 383 rwhp estimate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smitty2919
All this talk about compression ratio and no one mentioned Dynamic Compression Ratio?

Yes you can find the Static Compression Ratio SCR, but the "working" or DCR will be different depending on the cam in the car.

Isn't it possible that the OP's SCR is one thing, but his DCR is even less?
Well, what do you consider a good SCR for a LT1 turbo build???
Old 02-27-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DUDCOUPE
Ive skimmed through this and this thread cracks me up. If i listened to people on the forums then my car would be an ubber nugget.
We all bask in your glory of creating a 500rwhp stock lt1, well actually its 4 something but ricer math means you're at least 500 for sure, and you bolted up a heads cam kit to a bone stock untouched bottom end but your superior McDonald's knowledge means you know the difference between a chicken tender and a chicken McNugget, oh and don't forget the magical tuner can magically make more magic power for your magic nugget and you aren't bench racing in the food court with your combo meal! I just want to be blessed with a video of your car running how fast with 500rwhp? At least mid 10's, right? Anything slower than that would be BEYOND EMBARRASSING for the combo meal KING!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My dyanamic CR is 9:589
Old 02-27-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
Well, what do you consider a good SCR for a LT1 turbo build???
I will admit, I don't have enough knowledge and experience to throw out a number. BUT, I have a decent understanding of STC and DCR to the point that the cam plays a role in the whole thing.

My intent was to point out another factor to consider that's all. TO ME I would focus on DCR since that is what the motor is really doing while running.

Again, I admit that I have been picking up tuning/motor building books to learn what to build and why. Don't take my comment in a negative manner...just tossing out ideas.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nah dude, I appreciate your input. Im open to all ideas and criticisms. That actually made me look deeper into DCR. So thanks!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nah dude, I appreciate your input. Im open to all ideas and criticisms. That actually made me look deeper into DCR. So thanks!!!
No problem...that was the main intent of that comment. It sparks new ideas lol.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
We all bask in your glory of creating a 500rwhp stock lt1, well actually its 4 something but ricer math means you're at least 500 for sure, and you bolted up a heads cam kit to a bone stock untouched bottom end but your superior McDonald's knowledge means you know the difference between a chicken tender and a chicken McNugget, oh and don't forget the magical tuner can magically make more magic power for your magic nugget and you aren't bench racing in the food court with your combo meal! I just want to be blessed with a video of your car running how fast with 500rwhp? At least mid 10's, right? Anything slower than that would be BEYOND EMBARRASSING for the combo meal KING!
412 on mustang dyno x 14 percent to go to dynojet #s which is around 470. I guess real world facts dont work for you. I see your still butthurt that my 350 makes more power than your 385 stroker. I hear you took your car apart or something like that. Trying to un-nuggify your ride. Just remember at the end pf the day i have a stock 350 to your built stroker which = spots for me in the raceworld. Blah blah blah track times, i havent been able to get it to the track yet to run it and see what it really does.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

412 on mustang dyno x 14 percent to go to dynojet #s which is around 470. I guess real world facts dont work for you. I see your still butthurt that my 350 makes more power than your 385 stroker. I hear you took your car apart or something like that. Trying to un-nuggify your ride. Just remember at the end pf the day i have a stock 350 to your built stroker which = spots for me in the raceworld. Blah blah blah track times, i havent been able to get it to the track yet to run it and see what it really does.
IDK if you are trolling (if so well done) or just being a tart.

Comparing dynos when you have no track time is short bus special.

But, if we are bench racing, my car makes a lil under 900ft-lb now according to your math.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
IDK if you are trolling (if so well done) or just being a tart.

Comparing dynos when you have no track time is short bus special.

But, if we are bench racing, my car makes a lil under 900ft-lb now according to your math.
You had your car at tune time which is a mustang dyno. This is the internet, everything is serious...
Old 02-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

You had your car at tune time which is a mustang dyno. This is the internet, everything is serious...
YARLY!

So, working the 15% for a dynojet, and I am making some serious powwaaaa
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welp, I hope I can make that type of power. Motor going in the car next week.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

So its going mid 10's right with 500 rwhp, right? I took body parts off of my car and put different ones on, its sitting outside for anyone to look at. So your car that makes MORE POWER than my car NEEDS SPOTS?!?!?! So you're saying you have a chicken McNugget????? I'm still on a mail order tune here, I'm an extra crispy McNugget! Are you going for any test and tune days or just saving it for the rental? You never replied in another thread after I posted this link. What are your expert thoughts on it? Oh and didn't you have the 12 second setup running 13's, Mr McNugget?

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 02-28-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Launching!

So its going mid 10's right with 500 rwhp, right? I took body parts off of my car and put different ones on, its sitting outside for anyone to look at. So your car that makes MORE POWER than my car NEEDS SPOTS?!?!?! So you're saying you have a chicken McNugget????? I'm still on a mail order tune here, I'm an extra crispy McNugget! Are you going for any test and tune days or just saving it for the rental? You never replied in another thread after I posted this link. What are your expert thoughts on it? Oh and didn't you have the 12 second setup running 13's, Mr McNugget?
It was a 12 sec car according to my 1/8 mile info but whatever. My car is a nugget, ask anyone... And i wasnt aware that you posted a link for me. I dont watch every move you make on dis forum. Efx and procom tuning saying its alot higher than what that 1 tuner says. If its on the forum then it MUST be true, lmao
Old 02-28-2014, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

It was a 12 sec car according to my 1/8 mile info but whatever. My car is a nugget, ask anyone... And i wasnt aware that you posted a link for me. I dont watch every move you make on dis forum. Efx and procom tuning saying its alot higher than what that 1 tuner says. If its on the forum then it MUST be true, lmao
Just my observation but you are simply benchracing. The real comparison would be running both cars at the track on the same day. MPH will tell most of the story but there will be variables here as well.

Comparing a built motor made to handle a lot more than a stock shortblock is also apples to oranges IMO. I say meet at the track for a test and tune to see who is truly the McNugget.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

So your car does or doesn't make 500 rear wheel horsepower? I've only read it on a forum
Old 03-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Launching!

So your car does or doesn't make 500 rear wheel horsepower? I've only read it on a forum
It now makes 550, put a msd and afr sticker on my rad support
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

God I would be so embarrassed if it didn't go at least 10's! I'm sure you could rattle off some great excuses though, they will be entertaining!

Quick Reply: My 383 rwhp estimate?