LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1: for anything up to 100 shot no tuning or ignition retarding is required
I recommend a window switch and the Zex wet kit. thats what i have and it says right in the instructions no ignition retard on the 100 shot. it has a TPS controlled switch to engage the system and that is helped with a window switch i set mine to 3500rpm in second gear.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mohammed
The problem with this is that instead of using the energy generated by combustion to give the piston momentum we are transferring that heat energy onto the rotating and reciprocating assemblies, and possibly hurting them. In the process we are losing torque and horsepower. To prevent this, we recommend that you retard the ignition timing 1-1/2° to 2° for every 50 hp added through the nitrous system. This will ensure that peak cylinder pressure occurs at the same point it did before the nitrous was injected into an engine.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ech_tips.shtml

Been reading about that and most of them recommends retard timing.
then what are you asking us for. tune the f-ing thing and be done with it
Old 12-19-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrwilliams95z28
1: for anything up to 100 shot no tuning or ignition retarding is required
I recommend a window switch and the Zex wet kit. thats what i have and it says right in the instructions no ignition retard on the 100 shot. it has a TPS controlled switch to engage the system and that is helped with a window switch i set mine to 3500rpm in second gear.
1: Don't be ignorant.

2: He has a cam, So you should assume that he has a tune for that; this means that if the tune is done by someone competent, then the timing has been adjusted for MBT and would be too far advanced to run a 100 shot on it without taking timing out.

The (no retard for up to 100 shot) is for stock timing tables on an otherwise stock engine.

Quick Reply: Nitrous questions