LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone with boosted 700+rwhp LT1 with full factory options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Weight is your friend in top speed racing because it is downforce without aerodynamic drag, people will add weight to top speed cars. Granted you wouldn't want to get carried away adding with just a mile to deal with but you certainly wouldn't be lightening a car, you need the downforce.
The idea of a twin turbo 396 LT4 makes me chuckle. What LT4 part are you going to use? Probably believe you need a thicker aftermarket deck head so that wont be LT4, probably believe the LT style intakes are crap so you would likely be talked into single plane, though the inside of the LT4 intake is the same as LT1 anyway, and the block is LT1. You going to try and have some custom super long stroke crank made to reuse the stock LT4 rods and pistons just so you can call it "LT4"?
Well speaking of LT4, it doesnt necessarily need to be an LT4 or LT1. Just an LTx. But as far as why I mentioned LT4, what I meant is LT4 cnc heads, & an 4 bolt conversion. Which can be done on stock LT1 block. Correct me if im wrong but from what I hear LT4’s flow better than the LT1’s with the same size runners. For example a 215cc LT4’s would out perform 215cc LT1’s. Im sure you guys can clarify on that.

Downforce will be my friend. Obviously not too light in the front so the front end doesnt raise. At the same time not too heavy to where it slows me down. Lot of variables to play with here. Coil-Overs stiff suspension on a low setting, More positive caster, LT1 head light covers, added air dams, maybe 6LE 93-97 ls1 style front bumper, wider wheels & stickier tires. A lot im leaving in detail but we get the idea.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
Well speaking of LT4, it doesnt necessarily need to be an LT4 or LT1. Just an LTx. But as far as why I mentioned LT4, what I meant is LT4 cnc heads, & an 4 bolt conversion. Which can be done on stock LT1 block. Correct me if im wrong but from what I hear LT4’s flow better than the LT1’s with the same size runners. For example a 215cc LT4’s would out perform 215cc LT1’s. Im sure you guys can clarify on that.

Downforce will be my friend. Obviously not too light in the front so the front end doesnt raise. At the same time not too heavy to where it slows me down. Lot of variables to play with here. Coil-Overs stiff suspension on a low setting, More positive caster, LT1 head light covers, added air dams, maybe 6LE 93-97 ls1 style front bumper, wider wheels & stickier tires. A lot im leaving in detail but we get the idea.
Any input with the above?

Appreciate the help so far guys,
Euphoria

Quick Reply: Anyone with boosted 700+rwhp LT1 with full factory options?