LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

96 LT1 Reluctor/washer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ******
my post #13 has the link to the bolt from Summit. It comes with the washer

There are various forms of hub remove/install tools, some home made involving grade 8 threaded steel rod, stack of washers and a thrust bearing. A search should bring up a few how to's on it

I have the Kent Moore tool that GM uses. Plug & play but they are very hard to find and not cheap. The ATI hub is different than stock so some improvising with a large washer for the hub to install but no big deal

Your local auto part store should have a generic puller/install tool in their loan a tool program that should work

Never ever pull the hub on with bolt or beat it on with a hammer. Use a hub install tool

Ordering the summit bolt now. I used an impact wrench last time I put the hub on, and now I am sure thats what cause it to be destroyed. I found a hub installer at Autozone I will use next time.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 03-25-2016, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts

the ATI hub is keyed so you need to pick up the correct key. auto part store should have one.

You don't have to use one but highly recommended

yeah I bet you did FU the threads using a impact gun and bolt. Bolts are cheap and fortunately you were able to get the crank threads back

The install tool will have a long threaded rod you screw into the crank as far as it will go then you put the hub part on then tool along with various washers and a thrust bearing and a big nut. You are now pulling against the threaded rod, not threaded crank snout
Old 03-25-2016, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the bolt through summit. It is 2.47" in length and comes with the .3215" washer. This is going to be a bit longer than what I was running before with my ARP bolt and the washers. Do you still think this will fit correctly?

One last misc. question, for my timing cover, my seals for the crank and the cam on the timing cover still "look" perfect. Do I need to pop them out and replace them? Or should I still be good.

Again, we are talking very very small amount of engine running time has been done since they were initially installed.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts

the ATI hub is different than the stock one in terms of how recessed the center bolt is which is why you need toe ATI bolt and their thick washer.

Once you install the hub you just screw in the center bolt with washer and TQ to spec. The install tool pulls the hub all the way on

your barely used TC seals are fine to leave

if you have the 10% under drive damper you need the shorter belt #4060630

Quick Reply: 96 LT1 Reluctor/washer.