LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 corvette Allen's chambered muffler eliminators

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Lt1 corvette Allen's chambered muffler eliminators

Just bought these off an eBay seller out of Indiana. Install is kind of a pain, pipes were enlarged just barely enough to slide on after beating on them and the pipes on the car. Definitely snug fitting which isn't bad but did cause a lot of cursing and sweat.

Hardware that comes with them is crap. Clamps were fine for the pipe to old exhaust, the hanger and tip clamp had to be thrown out and stronger U bolt clamps were needed after bending the supplied band clamp bolt from tightening and tip still not secured.

All that said, 2 hours for an hour job in the driveway...the sound is phenomenal on my otherwise stock exhaust. While they seem cheap and not a full cat back, you do get a great sound. Reminds me of a New edge mustang with Borla stingers.

In the first picture it actually has the stock mufflers and tips, they are just so black and dirty you cant see them, can kind of see them in the 2nd picture. And yes the garage is to shitty for it to live in lol

Last edited by trilkb; 08-14-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice c4! iv heard good things about those muffler eliminators. Next thing would be a X-pipe in place of that giant resonator, iv heard you can gain up to 10hp by removing it.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks.

I was torn between the muffler eliminators and replacing the resonator with an X pipe. I went with the eliminators because I could do it myself and wouldnt have to take the car somewhere, other people working on a car they dont care about, and letting other people drive my cars is my biggest pet peeve. However I think these muffler eliminators plus an X pipe would be way to loud. Its a very very good tone right now. After putting them on and revving it up in the driveway I was kind of disappointed. At idle it reminds me of a 5.3L silverado or avalanche, has that faint burble sound to it and is pretty quiet. Driving it has proven otherwise though, I would say the sound is almost perfect. I feel like im driving a v8 lt1 again! I just wish it would spin the tires as easy as a solid axle fbody, it seems either down on power, or the IRS just gets traction better. It does have some nice eagle f1 GSD3 rear tires on it to though.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

I had the same problem with my 84 corvette, so I got my 93 corvette and still couldnt light them up like a F-body.. Soo i bought a supercharger haha.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

haha! I would love a supercharger. Wish I could find a used system for 2-3k, 5.5-7.5k is just to much for only 400-420RWHP
Old 08-15-2015, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

you just missed a vortech v1 on corvette forums for $850, I got my Vortech kit for $1500 a year ago.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

damn, id gladly pay 1500 for a used kit!

I guess I need to join up there and keep my eyes open.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

its pretty common on the corvetteforums, You get these guys who buy corvettes and want them demodded, Iv seen it 3 or 4 times over the last year iv been on there.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trilkb
Thanks.

I was torn between the muffler eliminators and replacing the resonator with an X pipe. I went with the eliminators because I could do it myself and wouldnt have to take the car somewhere, other people working on a car they dont care about, and letting other people drive my cars is my biggest pet peeve. However I think these muffler eliminators plus an X pipe would be way to loud. Its a very very good tone right now. After putting them on and revving it up in the driveway I was kind of disappointed. At idle it reminds me of a 5.3L silverado or avalanche, has that faint burble sound to it and is pretty quiet. Driving it has proven otherwise though, I would say the sound is almost perfect. I feel like im driving a v8 lt1 again! I just wish it would spin the tires as easy as a solid axle fbody, it seems either down on power, or the IRS just gets traction better. It does have some nice eagle f1 GSD3 rear tires on it to though.

Probably not down on power, the problem with Corvettes is mainly the super tall 2.59/2.73 or 3.07 gears in the diff; that combined with better weight distribution over the rear end and wider/stickier tires stock. Put some 3.73's in it and it will wake up and light up tires without need of a supercharger.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

I believe it has 3.45's from the factory, I hear 4.10s are the way to go

Quick Reply: Lt1 corvette Allen's chambered muffler eliminators