LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injectors?

I have Ford SVO 30lb injectors and from what I have read they are really noisy which I can attest to. Anyways I want to go with a set of Bosch Series III 30lb injectors. Will I have to have the PCM tuned for these injectors or will it be ok just swapping them out? (I hate the racket these Ford injectors make)
Old 10-17-2015, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by v8vette84
I have Ford SVO 30lb injectors and.....I want to go with a set of Bosch Series III 30lb injectors. Will I have to have the PCM tuned for these injectors.....
Don't see why you'd need to.....

KW
Old 10-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Just FYI, Ford SVO's are made by Bosch.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jaxem
Just FYI, Ford SVO's are made by Bosch.
Its not who made them, its how loud they are. I have read they are really loud as my injectors seem to be quite loud. I can hear them when I'm sitting at a light in town. That seems way too loud to me.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Its not who made them, its how loud they are. I have read they are really loud as my injectors seem to be quite loud. I can hear them when I'm sitting at a light in town. That seems way too loud to me.
Huh, I'm running red tops too and don't think I've heard them. I guess my roller rockers drown them out. Have you tried some seafoam in the gas or anything like that to clean them out a bit?
Old 10-17-2015, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxem
Huh, I'm running red tops too and don't think I've heard them......
I didn't even want to touch on the 'loudness' piece, because I don't think I've EVER heard an injector that was working right.

But hell.....that's just me......

KW
Old 10-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Well I have a set of the Bosch Series III in my Caprice and they are very quiet. Not silent but quieter than my red tops. These red tops seem to click away like crazy. They work ok but it makes it sound like there is something wrong with the engine they are so loud.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

I have Ford SVO 30lb injectors and from what I have read they are really noisy which I can attest to. Anyways I want to go with a set of Bosch Series III 30lb injectors. Will I have to have the PCM tuned for these injectors or will it be ok just swapping them out? (I hate the racket these Ford injectors make)
Yes you will need to have the PCM reprogrammed for the Bosch III 30 lb injectors. Those are what I am currently running. Solomon tuned my car and said the offsets ended up being close to the stock injectors. The car was running really rich after his first tune and he had to keep changing the offsets until the A/F ratio was right.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Casey96SS
Yes you will need to have the PCM reprogrammed for the Bosch III 30 lb injectors. Those are what I am currently running. Solomon tuned my car and said the offsets ended up being close to the stock injectors. The car was running really rich after his first tune and he had to keep changing the offsets until the A/F ratio was right.
Did you ever run the Ford injectors?

Quick Reply: Injectors?