LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Planning to make my own fixed headlights (firebird)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Planning to make my own fixed headlights (firebird)

I know im gonna get a lot of hate with this little proyect but here i go. These are pictures of what it might look like (design wise). I t will be clear lenses with led drl and bi xenon projectors. The housing will be either black color or carbon fiber looks. I already know how I want it but take your pick lol

Last edited by ikaros23; 01-14-2016 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

this is the look i'm after for. these are pontiac sunfire aftermarket headlights. With some fabrication (cutting,fiber glass ect..) i will make them fit. The car will get a ws6 ram air hood and it will be re painted also, same color!

Last edited by ikaros23; 01-14-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm not a good visualizer, but middle one looks like a smiling Asian villain from a movie, the bottom one looks like its giving you that look after you said something stupid and its trying to figure out if you are serious or not, the top one looks kind of sad like it pooped on your carpet and its hoping you won't shove it's nose in it. What if you flipped the lights upside down and made it so the LED part was like eyebrows? I like the project, but like I said I'm not good at visualizing these things, and I really respect people who have that artistic eye and can picture the end result. Much respect for doing something different. What color will the car be? Black? Maybe a dark gunmetal?
Old 01-14-2016, 07:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Given the choice, I'd pick version #1, using the lights that you pictured in your second post. The main difficulty you'll face, is what C-5 Corvette owners face, when wanting to convert their "flip-ups" to fixed lights, in that to get a good functioning light, you have to extend the cut-out down into the bumper. While this makes for a better looking installation, it complicates the job.

But, good luck with your project!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely the first pic.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like an interesting project. I believe a fixed headlight setup is already sold for these that look similar to your first pic. I doubt the performance is anything decent and more for looks. If you are simply installing pre-made housing, I would recommend putting in a better projector since most of the aftermarket units aren't so great.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Looks like an interesting project. I believe a fixed headlight setup is already sold for these that look similar to your first pic. I doubt the performance is anything decent and more for looks. If you are simply installing pre-made housing, I would recommend putting in a better projector since most of the aftermarket units aren't so great.
Yes i was thinking about retrofiting proyectors from a factory car set up. I already did mind a while ago. it looks cheaply made and it does not have a lense cover but driving at night with the old sealed beams prove quite challenging.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ikaros23
Yes i was thinking about retrofiting proyectors from a factory car set up. I already did mind a while ago. it looks cheaply made and it does not have a lense cover but driving at night with the old sealed beams prove quite challenging.
What projector did you toss in there?
Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
What projector did you toss in there?
I found a pair of 05 dodge durango aftermarket headlights laying around at work. They looked like trash and disposable so I took my dremel and got the proyectors out. I guess they are some random generic brand. Light output is not as great as your kit but is 10 times better than having hid's in a halogen housing like a did before.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

as for the car having a different bumper and fender color.... A piece of advice.!! never let your girl take your car to the grocery store lol
Old 01-15-2016, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ikaros23
I found a pair of 05 dodge durango aftermarket headlights laying around at work. They looked like trash and disposable so I took my dremel and got the proyectors out. I guess they are some random generic brand. Light output is not as great as your kit but is 10 times better than having hid's in a halogen housing like a did before.
Anything is better than the sealed beam garbage. The 93-97 Camaros got the worst lighting design from the factory sadly. Good luck with the build and while I'm sure you are going for a specific look, I would definitely try to get a good set of projectors in there.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know? It looks a little too sunfire to me.....
But I'm interested to see the final results.

Quick Reply: Planning to make my own fixed headlights (firebird)