LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help!! Lt1 camaro no spark👎

Old 08-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Lt1 camaro no spark👎

Hey guys I'm new to the site.
I've got a problem with my 96 camaro ss. My problem is that I'm not getting any spark. So immediately I figure the dreaded opti stuck me. So I decided I was going to cam it while I'm almost there anyway. So I installed a cc503 an all supporting mods. Put my new opti on figured I should do plugs an wires while I'm there also. So I do it all an get it buttoned up. Went to do my first start, an it cranks no fire. So I immediately thought it's the coil went to the parts store buy a Borg Warner coil install it. No start. I fiddle around on the internet an thought my icm may be the problem. So I got mine tested an the parts store said it was toast. I purchased a new one installed it, still not fire. So I buy another optispark thinking a got a faulty one an still nothing. I've checked all grounds an fuses also. so I get back on the internet find some write ups about checking power to the ICM so I check the power going to it an nothing. End up going to the pcm to see if I have power there. (I found a write up to check that.) So I take off the black connector find pin #5 an check to see if I got power. And nothing😐🔫. Does this mean my pcm is dead? Everything else in my car works! Radio, lights, power seat. Like I said the car cranks an really tries hard to start just not getting spark.
So here's a list of things I've replaced an checked.

Opti (2)
Coil
Icm
Plugs an wires
Grounds
Fuses
Pcm
I'm stumped I have no clue what would be causing this no spark problem. My security light comes on but cuts off as soon as I turn it over, so it's not VATS.
Could it be an ignition switch or something like that?
If anyone has anything to share with me or has experience with please tell me! I'd love to drive The car yet this year! Thanks
Old 08-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Man I am having the exact same issues on my 94 firehawk, just posted a thread. Didn't install a cam (cc503 sounds awesome though...) but I still have cooling system and airbox off bc I can't get the damn thing to start - cranks like a champ but won't turn over
Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What brand opti did you buy. The cheap chinese optis are junk. AC Delco / Delphi and MSD are the only good optispark distributors.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Update! Found an over looked ignition fuse that was blown replaced it car cranked but didn't start. Turns over fine then it has trouble after the 2 rotation
Old 08-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fast350Z
What brand opti did you buy. The cheap chinese optis are junk. AC Delco / Delphi and MSD are the only good optispark distributors.

I got an ac delco
Old 08-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Also looked up the serial number on my ecm an it is a 94-95 ecm does that mean I have a 94-95 harness? What do you guys think about me switching back to the 96-97 ecm an harness back in my car?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Did you verify that the engine is getting fuel?
Old 08-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Teching In

I verified injector pulse. I hear fuel pump have not pressure tested it but it sounds healthy an when I disconnected my fuel lines it flowed really well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!! Lt1 camaro no spark👎