LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats with the LT1 hate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two things wrong with the intelligence of the kid that dissed your LT1. 1: the young idiot assumes you haven't done any modifications and 2: he appears ignorant of how many MORE horses are just begging to be released from the stock configuration.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got a 93 LT11..and i love it. i think that they sound meaner than most of the ls1's but im not hating on em..if I could take it back in time and have a lt1 or ls1 id get both.. .....but i really would get a lt1
Old 02-25-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What a dick. I own both, and they are both great engines. However the LT1 is way better off the line. How fast you want to go just depends on how much money you have.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NavySS
What a dick. I own both, and they are both great engines. However the LT1 is way better off the line. How fast you want to go just depends on how much money you have.
Once again, I can't disagree more with this whole LT1's are so much stronger down low stuff. I've owned two LS1's (currently have the '02 in my sig) and also own an LT1 (in my sig) and although my LT1 is definitely a quick car with the bolt-ons it has, it is NOT "way better off the line." In fact, my two LS1's have felt just as "torquey" and give up nothing out of the hole. I've even been in other LT1's and none of them have felt any quicker from a stop or low speed roll (some felt noticeably weaker; and no, they were running just fine guys).

It's too bad though people have to act like that...I've never said a word to anybody and I've never come across a single person out here in the large Chicagoland area I'm in ever say a bad thing about the LT1. If people honestly have nothing better to do than act all childish like that over a freakin' car, then they seriously need to grow the heck up! Must be a just a select state or something...

And whomever said the LT1 = a muscle car engine while the LS1 = a sports car engine.

They are both loads of fun IMO and that is why I have both and won't even consider getting another car for several years unless a 5th gen comes back out...

But don't take these things so personally guys...Just enjoy your car for what it is and let them be the true A$$wipes they really are.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NavySS
How fast you want to go just depends on how much money you have.

Thank god some one who under stands the speed game, I only wish more people grasped this concept. It trully doesnt matter after a point what motor you started with, it costs big money to turn the ETs with either power plant. Just ask Rick and Harlan.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

I have both as well, i have driven the LS1 about 2 miles beings how its not finished yet. Still I like the LT1. Its off of the old SBC design and some parts will interchange. I took my car out tonight for the first time in 2 weeks. pulled the cutout cap off and even after I missed 4th while playing with it I still have a stiffy
Old 02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

The first 4th generation car I ever drove was a 1997 Camaro Z28. That thing had plenty of power! This Ls1 owner has love for both Ls1's, and Lt1's. Now 4.6 Mustangs thats another story!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

me and my friend were at a hobby shop using the lift to install longtubes and true duals on his 96 Z28 and this guy came over and was talking to us, he had an LS1 TA similar to mine and was talking like it was God's gift to cars and how the LS1 was so much better than the LT1. I was attempting to defend the LT1 and saying how its a great motor too and great for modding, racing etc. but this guy wasnt having it.

Anyways, my other friend who was there in his 93 Z28 raced him and destroyed him...lol. the guy was a moron and a perfect example of a person who makes LS1 drivers look bad.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea see its the people like that..that I hate. Thats fine if you love your car and engine but dont think that its the best thing in the world and nothing compares to it
Old 02-27-2005, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

I currently own an LT1.

I've driven many LS1's and I have to agree with an earlier poster. My LT1 feels WAY stronger down low, but the LS1s are just raped apes up top.

The LT1 is also, imho, better as it is simply the old sbc design (almost). Easy to mod, work on, etc. Also it's very potent out of the box, requiring only a few simple mods to get alot more ponies out of it.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how you think i feel i get hate all the way around. I'll go out in the stang (90 5.0 superchared) come across a LS1 guy shouting rustang!!! Most of the LS1's around here are all low 13sec cars. I just tell him after i get done whipping you with the stang im going to go home and come back to whip you again with my Lt1 (96 z28) go home agian for added kick wax you with my import (95 eclipse gsx). LS1 guys around here think they are GOD. Truth is i can tear up a ls1 with a 88 ford tempo if i throw enough money at it. I just hate some of the punks around here. I love all cars. To me every last car on this planet has the ablity to go fast. Its just time and money.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

True true
Old 02-28-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just cant wait till my car is finished............ All i want is some respect for me and my effort that i put into my car, i dont give a flying Fu#k about wath some guy in an LS1 or what ever , tells me about my old, rusty bucket LT1. As long as i put a lot of cars on that persons *** , ill be good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Proud LT1 owner here , anyone else?
Old 02-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont really understand all the hate its all push rods right??
Old 02-28-2005, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Proud owner here of both, and always will be
Old 02-28-2005, 06:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by regorih355
Proud LT1 owner here , anyone else?

Me too! Wouldn't own 2 if i wasn't proud
Old 02-28-2005, 06:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Once again, I can't disagree more with this whole LT1's are so much stronger down low stuff. I've owned two LS1's (currently have the '02 in my sig) and also own an LT1 (in my sig) and although my LT1 is definitely a quick car with the bolt-ons it has, it is NOT "way better off the line." In fact, my two LS1's have felt just as "torquey" and give up nothing out of the hole. I've even been in other LT1's and none of them have felt any quicker from a stop or low speed roll (some felt noticeably weaker; and no, they were running just fine guys).
Not to call you a liar but my experience with LS1s has been quite different. My friend's 6-speed 01 Z28 (lid and catback Borla exhaust) was noticeably slower through first and second gear than my similarly geared 94 TA. I had only a homemade CAI, gutted cat, and flowmaster on the TA but it was a whole lot 'snappier' than the Z. The LT1's delivery of power just felt more savage and brutal. This, I felt, was due to the LT1's generally better throttle response. LS1's just don't rev as quickly but boy do they haul up top. That thing would have walked all over me past 70-80 mph but till then I could have easily held that car off.

The only LS1 I have been in that felt quicker than my LT1 was my roommate's 98 6-speed Z. This thing also had only a lid on it but no muffler. It was without a doubt a 12 sec car. Even though we never raced, I am sure it would have walked all over me through every gear. I guess it might be something to do with the 98s supposedly getting bigger injectors and different cam. I dunno how true this is, but I have heard that 00 & 01 cars are generally slightly slower. Someone want to explain why?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeep_junkie
Not to call you a liar but my experience with LS1s has been quite different. My friend's 6-speed 01 Z28 (lid and catback Borla exhaust) was noticeably slower through first and second gear than my similarly geared 94 TA. I had only a homemade CAI, gutted cat, and flowmaster on the TA but it was a whole lot 'snappier' than the Z. The LT1's delivery of power just felt more savage and brutal. This, I felt, was due to the LT1's generally better throttle response. LS1's just don't rev as quickly but boy do they haul up top. That thing would have walked all over me past 70-80 mph but till then I could have easily held that car off.

The only LS1 I have been in that felt quicker than my LT1 was my roommate's 98 6-speed Z. This thing also had only a lid on it but no muffler. It was without a doubt a 12 sec car. Even though we never raced, I am sure it would have walked all over me through every gear. I guess it might be something to do with the 98s supposedly getting bigger injectors and different cam. I dunno how true this is, but I have heard that 00 & 01 cars are generally slightly slower. Someone want to explain why?

Nothing in this post makes sense. 00-01s slower 98-00 LS1s had a more restrictive LS1 intake while the 01-02s got the LS6. In general, most 01-02s put down more power.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I personally didnt like the LT1 I had but that Car was a flying POS anyways!!!!! My buddy had a 94 Z and thing was great. I Love my SS period and wouldnt trade it for ****. . . . (well maybe) Atleast you guys are in the States here people know What SS means and they know that you have either an LT1 or LS1. . . . . Here its all about import that are really slow even at sea level and god dont get me started on there driving.

Quick Reply: Whats with the LT1 hate?