LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats with the LT1 hate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
Oh....I do .....all the time. YOu screwed up everything If it wasn't for Joe the tech series would be saying that the lt1 is outgunned so you can do whatever you want..do whatever heads you want...brodix 12x...ha..no problem...bring it on and get beat by the all mightly ls1. But now they are saying the lt1 is superior since no one can catch joe . Next thing you know..because of Joe..we are all going to have to load our home gyms in the truncks like he did before they let us race.

Its ironic you mentioned weight...It was brought up I should carry weight first few races.... and actually you could run any heads you wanted the way the rules were originally posted ..well any that is other than sb2 that is...funny how suttle a change sb2 then vs sbc which it is now can make someone revamp everything they have built..They cost me alot of money and as such, basically pissed me off to the point where I WILL NOT let a ls1 surpass a lt1 if I can help it...
Old 03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Overton
I WILL NOT let a ls1 surpass a lt1 if I can help it...
hmmm...that sounds like sig material. Do you mind?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Formula94

hmmm...that sounds like sig material. Do you mind?

Go for it...
Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Joe, you still the man!!!

As a newly subscribed member here (TRICK95 camaroz28.com), I gotta say that comparing the two is like apples to oranges. This same crap went on with the LT1 intro back in the L98 days.

As far as stock horsepower goes, how many Z06's have ran into a ZR1 lately? I'd love to see a side by side stock for stock just as a comparison.

Also, when even companies that built the aftermarket for your particular application pretty much bails on you, craftsmanship as well as individual creativity become vital just to keep up w/times.

I blame SLP in part for this, others have now followed. At least AFR keeps the horsepower dream alive, along w/others like Joe Overton, Lloyd Elliott, etc, hopefully they keep it up too, I can't even buy stock components for the car I just recently purchased.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

F#@K all the haters, some of the fastest F-bodies in my area are LT1's.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think the only thing i hear bad about the lt1s is the optispark and its harder to work on, but im sure the owner knows that, as far as performance goes, my buddy in a stock lt1 SS ran a 13.5@102 i believe, i know it was a 13.5, not sure of the trap, He has a panrod bar and lca, but no power mods. I think theres some freak ls1s and some freak lt1s, but i think they are close. Both great engines IMO, besides the ls1, is superceded now by the ls2 and now the ls7.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

you have a damn LT4 firehawk you lucky bastard I hate you
Old 03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
Oh....I do .....all the time. YOu screwed up everything If it wasn't for Joe the tech series would be saying that the lt1 is outgunned so you can do whatever you want..do whatever heads you want...brodix 12x...ha..no problem...bring it on and get beat by the all mightly ls1. But now they are saying the lt1 is superior since no one can catch joe . Next thing you know..because of Joe..we are all going to have to load our home gyms in the truncks like he did before they let us race.
I live this ls1vslt1 its has become a war since 99 for me, i have proved a lot of ls1 owners wrong and i will continue to do so for years to come.
The funny thing is i never once hated on ls1 but with all the hate against my Race what do i have left to do? Just defend my self and punish the oposition. Stangs are far and few between around here it has become an Ls1 Town, and being an underdog is the best feeling ever
And most of the time ls1 guys are the ones gutting the crap out of their cars, fair? yes its fair, but dont talk about weight when our blocks are 90 pounds heavier and we have metal gas tanks vs plastic on ls1s. 100lbs is hard to come by and ls1 guys have the weight advantege right off the bet.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
you have a damn LT4 firehawk you lucky bastard I hate you
You have no idea how lucky I became on 10 Feb 2005...

However, this one was a driver, and I have some parts that it needs to be dead stock,

Firehawk chrome wheels
Dark Gray Leather interior (now has a '95 & older leather interior)

Hurst shifter **** only

1 330 HP silver decal SLP no longer sells, so I bought the yellow one so I can have a vinyl shop make into the rear bumper decal

Other than that, it's the real deal, has some paint flaws from being a driver, and has been a blast thus far.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

screw all the haters i have a 97 t/a with lil mods like slp thermostat 3 inch catback to a stock muffler and a hypertech air charger and wen i give someone a ride in it they always tell me they want a t/a.. i love f bodies
Old 03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by icebergslim1827
Before the rant begins, lemme say that this in no way applies to the LS1 owners on this site, because most of, if not all of them are very cool and have respect for LT1 cars. But OMG the past couple weeks, random punks in Houston with their LS1's are driving me crazy with the disrespect. Tonight was the third time this month a LS1 owner has talked trash about my car. Im at a light tonight minding my own business, when a LS1 SS pulls up next to me (sounded very nice btw ) and starts in. Both our widows are down, and he yells over " Hey, that a LT1? to which i reply SURE IS. Then he proceeds to tell me that I should get rid of my pos LT1 and get a LS1, and starts to go into a history lesson about how much better LS1's are than LT1's, and Im just staring at him with a I dont give a fu*! look on my face.

About half way through his yackin I turned my music up about as loud as I could and looked back to the front, and put my hand up to my ear like I couldnt hear him . Light turns green (FINALLY!!) and he takes off, no point in me trying since my car only has a cai and exhaust, but oo well. Sorry about the rant, but all the hating is getting to me . Cant wait till Im done with college and actually have money to put into my car
It would've been REALLY nice if you had a lot of work in that LT1.. GOD i would have paid to see that light turn green and you smmmoke his *** That would have been priceless!!
Dude don't worry about it 99.9% of LS1 owners have a ton of respect for the LT1 owners. It's not about the engine....its about sharing the same addicting interests. Screw that guy...
Old 03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is true we all wanna go fast but you know who talks the most crap the guys that are runing high 12s with their lid and cutout saying that no lt1 can surpass their times(with the exception of alot but you know what I mean)The guys running low 11s and 10s etc usually are the ones that just help people on this board and dont start crap...If people talk S*** its just cuz their ignorant and always will be...until they get a good whoopin a few times in a row...I actually had a friend with a LS1 formula that just had a lid and he was talking crap to me because my clutch was pretty gone at anything over 2nd gear.. hes like oh your car is a broke POS cuts its old and tired LOL..So I was like well lets go race even wih my broke *** clutch well guess what I got it on video and will post it when I get home...I did have a cam at the time though so it really wasnt fair but it will just show ignorance at its finest...
Old 03-03-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have prooved to a driver of a 99 z28 stick that ls1 aint much better than lt1. i had a feeling he would win and he should of he has stock 305 hp and i got approx. 295 maybe 300. we pulled up to the light i noticed he was not a good stick driver but i assumed he would take off on me. the light turned green and we took off mine and his car were peeling out thru the intersection and i look at him he was still peeling out and i took off on him and beat him pretty badly. the second run same thing happened and it looked as it he messed up at gear. maybe it was bc he wasnt good at driving that thing taht i won but u guys should of heard the excuses he told me
Old 03-03-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

i want a 96-97 lt1 car to put a 496cube sb2 in. that would be pretty trick.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

i've owned both and currently have my uncle's LT1 currently sitting next to mine in the driveway. Lt1's are gonna seem "worse" due to age and the normaly problems arising from cars that "old". They are still very potent machines and shouldn't be overlooked/underestimated. They're getting cheaper and easier to mod by the day and i have toyed with the idea of buying another in a couple years as a second car.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Launching!

I was looking at a mustang web site and this is what they have to say about LT1's.

"and im glad your done with us stay in ls1tech where you belong maybe your tard *** finally got it threw your head we dont want or need an opinoin from someone who doesnt own a cobra and drives a POS lt1

the funny thing is camaro owners dont even like that motor i have nothing but respect for LS1's that is a awesome motor but the LT1 is just dogshit"

"so go to sleep to night knowing that not even your own kind likes you or your slowass car"
Old 03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WTF... say what about your 5 point slow?

They're acting like its a flat head chevy or something Yeah I go out and hand crank my LT1 to start it with a little rod I stick in the front of the bumper...

Idiots...
Attached Thumbnails Whats with the LT1 hate?-lt1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Oh man, you too? I thought I was the only one!
People are just un-educated. It's still very much a small-block chevy, and who knocks those?

What about the LT5? That was a POS too, huh.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey what board was that?iwanna pay it a visit and set up a race
Old 03-04-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
Hey what board was that?iwanna pay it a visit and set up a race

Quick Reply: Whats with the LT1 hate?