LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Manual or Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 111 Likes on 86 Posts

There you go. I give anyone respect for driving a V8. Then I break it down from there.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amen brotha! lol
Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mike1500
To be dead honest most people with their cars are never happy When I had an A4 i was thinkin... Damnit I want a M6.. now that I have a M6 im goin.. damn this is a pain in the *** whered my automatic go? lol

But a good point you have as well, I think one person bashing the other for a car is bad.. Its bad enough we got the american cars talkin crap (ford vs. GM) to eachother, we got GM wars ( LT1 vs. LS1 ) which is rediculous.. and now A4 vs M6. IMO if somones gonna bash me for having a A4 or a M6 or a LT1 or a LS1. Then **** em, becuase they are bashing me for being happy and driving what I want to drive!
Heard ya!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike1500
To be dead honest most people with their cars are never happy When I had an A4 i was thinkin... Damnit I want a M6.. now that I have a M6 im goin.. damn this is a pain in the *** whered my automatic go? lol

I totally agree with you here... When i had my auto i was getting ragged on for having one so my next car was a 6 speed.. now when i go to the track and watch the auto's run consistant times i wish i had the auto back.

I can say i enjoy running through the gears on the street and the added 6th gear comes in handy with the 4.10's
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

In my 93 which was A4, I raced a 97 LT1 WS6 M6 and toasted him from a stop, from a roll he got me by a couple cars. I think the m6 has a big advantage from a roll w/ that extra gear.

But I did kill a lot of stick shift stuff w/ my 93. Like SRt-4s etc.. so it wasnt slow if thats what you think I am saying.

But in all honesty, when I race someone it makes it funner if both of them are driving manual, racing manula to auto is still fun but when both driver skill is involved along w/ the hp of the engine it makes for interesting outcomes which I think makes it fun. IMO
Old 06-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Teching In

m6 gets better gas mileage-no debate-! 3 something a gallon is a big deal after a while.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93formulabird
I think everyone here defends the A4 because that is what like 70% of fbodys have, and people won't admit that what they have is not superior. T56 holds more power, faster stock for stock, funner to drive, better gas millage, good burnouts, reving on demand. I mean come on. And the respect you gain from people when they see you drive a 6spd.

And I love the b.s argument about, well you can get a stall for the a4 and itll be faster. Nope, since w/ that money u use on the stall/labor you could have put into the m6 and bought some longtubes and stil raped the a4.

I ownded both a 93 a4 and now a 96 m6. I must say, w/ using the same mods on both cars and just swamping them. The m6 feels a hell of lot faster. I punch it from 15mph and it gets squierly.

LOL , have you ever been toa track?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95WhitetopTA
m6 gets better gas mileage-no debate-! 3 something a gallon is a big deal after a while.
who buys a sports/muscle car for MPG???? WTF??? Buy a Prius all ready!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not even going to read this thread. All I have to say is anyone that bashes a automatic or looks down on one is a true tard. The goal is to get from A to B and sometimes the goal is who can get from A to B faster. An A4 and a M6 can both do it very fast if they have the right mods. Only reason I liked manuals before was once I first learned to drive them they seemed to be the funnest things ever. Now I could care less. The auto gets around just fine and a stall levels the playing feild at the light. It's all in what you want and feels good for you. Both have thier ups and downs especially on a 4th gen with weak rears etc.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97blkz

higher mpg = less $ spent on fuel = more for mods

i'm looking at going with the m6, auto's are nice but i feel like i know the car better when its a manual.

My current daily driver is a 5 speed z24.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Either way at least its not rice.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i love my six speed and my buddies with a4s love the automatics although none of them ever see the track. it all depends on what you want from the car. i wanted an m6 because i get bored in an a4. its all up to what you want and can find. if you feel more confident in an a4 go for it. like everybody else has said though put a stall in it and make everybody eat their words for laughin at you for buyin an a4. i believe all the pros and cons have been covered but it's your money buying the car so none of us can tell you what to do. we can't even give advice because it always starts a war. bottom line is get what you want.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I got a very good time and mph for the mods that I had lid, catback, converter and drag radials

I would have both though
Old 08-20-2006, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Drive them both and decide based off what you prefer.

THe m6 is gonna put more power to the ground so if your a good driver its gonne be faster mod for mod. ALso allows for big gears and still get decent fuel econamy.
The auto is was more consistant. In my M6 the times in the quarter can vary from a full second.

I have owned 4 auto 4th gens and 2 6 speeds and I much prefer the m6. Just an opinion though. Someone without a knack for driving may want to avoid them.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mystic97z
automatics are for girls, be a real man and get a 6 speed.
Don't get an Auto... You'll regret it. They are a blast to drive and pull harder from a roll in the right gear.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I'm not even going to read this thread. All I have to say is anyone that bashes a automatic or looks down on one is a true tard. The goal is to get from A to B and sometimes the goal is who can get from A to B faster. An A4 and a M6 can both do it very fast if they have the right mods. Only reason I liked manuals before was once I first learned to drive them they seemed to be the funnest things ever. Now I could care less. The auto gets around just fine and a stall levels the playing feild at the light. It's all in what you want and feels good for you. Both have thier ups and downs especially on a 4th gen with weak rears etc.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Nothing against autos, as u said they are easier to drive and so forth. But when it comes to racing, their is no skill involved. Pedal to the floor, which is boring. For DD auto is cool, racing and cruising I like manual.

*sorry to dig this up*
Old 04-25-2007, 03:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 97blkz
ahahahahaha A-men! lolololol seriously....thats almost oxymoron
Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude, m6's are not that bad in traffic. its all about technique. you just let the cars in front of you do their little speed up slam on brakes thing while you hang back rolling at 2 mph. i did it every day for 4 years in my m6 lt1 with aftermarket clutch and i got good at it. i love m6 lt1s. and my brother loves a4's. we have raced a whole lot of times. he has an 98 z28 ls1 with less mods then me so we are really really close as far as speed. and we have raced countless times from stop and roll. the result, i crush from a roll. he is more consistent from a dig, but i have crushed him from a dig as well.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
dude, m6's are not that bad in traffic. its all about technique. you just let the cars in front of you do their little speed up slam on brakes thing while you hang back rolling at 2 mph. i did it every day for 4 years in my m6 lt1 with aftermarket clutch and i got good at it. i love m6 lt1s. and my brother loves a4's. we have raced a whole lot of times. he has an 98 z28 ls1 with less mods then me so we are really really close as far as speed. and we have raced countless times from stop and roll. the result, i crush from a roll. he is more consistent from a dig, but i have crushed him from a dig as well.
now the question is, is it a stock stall auto ... if it is ... it sucks. 4000 stall, and i bet the results would be a lot different in both races. people underestimate stalled auto's, but it is all good.

Quick Reply: Manual or Automatic