LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What Do I need to break 11's?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 12:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loyd, as I said to you last time we talked .You did what you had to do....but on a side note there were some copy cams..Not that i want to make a stink about it ..but you shared the cam specs we discussed in private with another cam grinder.Hes actually admitted to me he knows all three.. Thats what really bothered me...And also the way you went about the switch. I had to find out by someone calling me claiming they had one of my cams.So I had him fax the cam card... A comp cam with almost exact specs as I ground for you within 1 degree of duration, same lift, and lobe sep.... maybe they have changed, but there were some exact copy's that went out.... I can understand your reasoning for the switch as I hope you understand how I may be just a little frustrated with the way things happened.. Not to mention someone coming off the heels of what I done for you claiming he makes so much more power across the curve and has done some much research into cam design...When in fact nobody even heard of brett bauer till long after I started grinding cams for lt1's years ago.. dynos arnt everything but if its any big deal that le3 cam is still kicking everybody's but at the track... ask quickshotkimber... since we've changed cams recently I can now relish that...
Old 06-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

Just because YOU never heard of me before that didn't mean I wasn't doing cams, there is another world out there. The fact that I don't choose to race a car because my ego doesn't need the "fix" has nothing to do with my knowledge.... I work on these things all day long, I have other things in my life I like to do otherwise and when I want a money pit and feel I have to prove something maybe I'll go racing. Most likely it will be on the road course, but you never know.

Dyno's might not be the only thing, but in drag racing CAR SETUP is most of it running times... i'd rather compare cam A vs. B on a dyno since it actually tells you something comparitive. You quantify things on the drag strip, I pick a dyno cell.... we both have our ways of doing things, I just understand the fact that most people don't have the ability and the hardware to make a car fast, so I pick the method of comparison with the least amount of variables and the easiest place to find small gains, that in the end all add up into something.

Forgive me that I want to make a product better given the same set of parameters as someone else, you set a mark with Lloyds heads and I worked to beat it. You want the fastest NA LT1, so your competitive too, we all understand that. If me working with Lloyd to make more power in the RPM band that the motors run in with his heads is a problem then we have very little in common, which is doubtfull. See where I am coming from? You have some good cams, and they are in some quick cars. Your work with Eric has seen good results, good for you...

Either way.... all of this **** is sowing circle gossip BS... between people saying I copied you... which has been well explained and I haven't, you coping Ai's cams... which I think is the funniest thing yet... WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO GOSSIP AND SLING **** AROUND... I feel like i'm in a cage full of drunk chimps with the BS that goes around on these internet boards. As I've said before... if guys where happy with what is in their pants we wouldn't have all these "I HAVE THE BIGGEST, oh I MEAN FASTEST CAR bitch fights on here..." I have nothing wrong with being competitive but I really think that the lack of respect and manners guys have with this crap is more comparable to cavemen.

Bret
Old 06-26-2005, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Quickshot or should I say james had not a single peice of suspension work done to that car and he ran on et streets after driving 106 miles to get to the track ..Yes it was his daily driver.. Not hardly equipped for what I consider race standards..but it will be soon Not only that but his car had tested all three cams I ground for loyd and had results in a real street car...So I didnt just guess and give him 3 generic cams I pretty much knew as loyd ,what his customers car would run before they even got them..I ground the cams he asked for...anything special I obliged... As I said I'm not making a stink about anything, except for shared information that should have never been relished...I atleast should have been asked if it was ok....Call ed Curtis he would agree with me as well as many others that do any type of cam developement... As you try to better things,as do I ... But its real easy to better a known working peice if you have the foundation to work off of wouldnt you agree???? You wasn't exactly given a blank sheet of paper ...Making my personal car fast is one thing. I've proved what I wanted to with that venture. And I dont need to fling out my slong for measuring purposes .But making others fast is totally separate and I have done both in the lt1 and ls1 arena .So spare us all and keep willie the worm out of sight .......As far as Dyno's they really don't mean jack to half of the cam buyers you have ..Except for those whom want to wave a dyno graph around to thier friends... TRACK TIMES TELLS THE STORY...just like there is variables on car setup thier are also variables on dyno's and how they are operated (speaking a chassis dyno not a desktop dyno 2000).....for ex. sensor location, transmission, tire type and if its not a fixed roller then we have to make sure the operator enters the correct weight along with other ex. I mentioned... So dyno wars are kinda like flow benches... they dont mean anything unless they perform where it counts... otherwise you have poor track times with a promising dyno graph with alot of excuses that follow........What I said earlier was not a jab ..just a push!!! And sorry but I never heard of Bauer racing anything come up as far as cams till you took over for loyd...But no biggie I like competition in any arena Aint this fun?? almost as fun as beehive springs eh? I'm still trying to decipher "the you coping Ai cams thing" and you would be right that is funny...

Last edited by Joe Overton; 06-26-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What cam are u running? Do U have ported heads, intake are u launching the car hard? If u got crappy heads, cam and intake u got no chance of running 11's unless u weigh as much as a Lotus. I suggest a good custom ground cam not off the shelf, send your heads to TPIS or LE u can get up to 290 cfm of airflow and port the hell out the intake. If U dont want to spend another 3g's on converting to a LT4 style set up.....
Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

im running 12.7 on heavy *** ZR1's and D/r with stock suspension..and my mods..

now when i get my skinnies and ETs and suspension. Im for sure low 12's..

the 12.7 was in Houston's HOT *** HEAT!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Just because YOU never heard of me before that didn't mean I wasn't doing cams, there is another world out there. The fact that I don't choose to race a car because my ego doesn't need the "fix" has nothing to do with my knowledge.... I work on these things all day long, I have other things in my life I like to do otherwise and when I want a money pit and feel I have to prove something maybe I'll go racing. Most likely it will be on the road course, but you never know.

Dyno's might not be the only thing, but in drag racing CAR SETUP is most of it running times... i'd rather compare cam A vs. B on a dyno since it actually tells you something comparitive. You quantify things on the drag strip, I pick a dyno cell.... we both have our ways of doing things, I just understand the fact that most people don't have the ability and the hardware to make a car fast, so I pick the method of comparison with the least amount of variables and the easiest place to find small gains, that in the end all add up into something.

Forgive me that I want to make a product better given the same set of parameters as someone else, you set a mark with Lloyds heads and I worked to beat it. You want the fastest NA LT1, so your competitive too, we all understand that. If me working with Lloyd to make more power in the RPM band that the motors run in with his heads is a problem then we have very little in common, which is doubtfull. See where I am coming from? You have some good cams, and they are in some quick cars. Your work with Eric has seen good results, good for you...

Either way.... all of this **** is sowing circle gossip BS... between people saying I copied you... which has been well explained and I haven't, you coping Ai's cams... which I think is the funniest thing yet... WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO GOSSIP AND SLING **** AROUND... I feel like i'm in a cage full of drunk chimps with the BS that goes around on these internet boards. As I've said before... if guys where happy with what is in their pants we wouldn't have all these "I HAVE THE BIGGEST, oh I MEAN FASTEST CAR bitch fights on here..." I have nothing wrong with being competitive but I really think that the lack of respect and manners guys have with this crap is more comparable to cavemen.

Bret

I think Joe got this one 100% correct, no one has ever heard of Bauer racing because you have NEVER built anything fast, and you don't have a fast car yourself. You claim as to why would be something someone with no fast car, no hands one experience, knowledge and no REAL SHOP would say. How is it working out of that 1 car garage on your house aka Bauer Racing Engines. All you and your old man do is litter the internet with your repeated bullshit from Reher Morrison and others. You and your father should get a clue, and actually open a real shop so you can stop being pretenders
Old 08-14-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChiTownHustler
I think Joe got this one 100% correct, no one has ever heard of Bauer racing because you have NEVER built anything fast, and you don't have a fast car yourself. You claim as to why would be something someone with no fast car, no hands one experience, knowledge and no REAL SHOP would say. How is it working out of that 1 car garage on your house aka Bauer Racing Engines. All you and your old man do is litter the internet with your repeated bullshit from Reher Morrison and others. You and your father should get a clue, and actually open a real shop so you can stop being pretenders
Wow, someone sounds very bitter. Let me guess Bret made a car faster than what you had, or wait he called you out when you were on camaroz28.com, under your other SN....did he make you feel like the moron you were or what. I have read your other threads, and you are about as stupid as they come...for being a "know it all", you sure ask alot of questions. Spair us you slander and quit running your trap. I know Bret, I have seen his operation. Been drag racing with the guy, had the opportunity to work with him, and his knowledge is top of the line...his cam designing and workmanship on an engine is also top notch. i think its funny you wanna call him out, because he doesn't need a fast car now, he doesn't wanna blow all his money on a ride just to show the world that your just another *******. How about this *****, i'll let Bret go hog wild on my car....I'll pay for whatever he wants done to thing, and me....i'll come back with Dyno numbers, track info..vids..whatever, just to shut you the **** up. Maybe i'll even come out to Buffalo to embarrass you in person. CALL ME OUT.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

Very nice.....well said BigKap

I wonder if the guy figured out how to break 11's??

"Wow, someone sounds very bitter. Let me guess Bret made a car faster than what you had, or wait he called you out when you were on camaroz28.com, under your other SN....did he make you feel like the moron you were or what. I have read your other threads, and you are about as stupid as they come...for being a "know it all", you sure ask alot of questions. Spair us you slander and quit running your trap. I know Bret, I have seen his operation. Been drag racing with the guy, had the opportunity to work with him, and his knowledge is top of the line...his cam designing and workmanship on an engine is also top notch. i think its funny you wanna call him out, because he doesn't need a fast car now, he doesn't wanna blow all his money on a ride just to show the world that your just another *******. How about this *****, i'll let Bret go hog wild on my car....I'll pay for whatever he wants done to thing, and me....i'll come back with Dyno numbers, track info..vids..whatever, just to shut you the **** up. Maybe i'll even come out to Buffalo to embarrass you in person. CALL ME OUT."
Old 08-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChiTownHustler
Talk all the smack about me you want, guess I must be doing something right to **** a internet hero who hides behind a screename off. Hell I guess the next time a magazine needs someone to interview on a topic I should send them your way rather than waisting their time talking to me..... When it comes to my family, you might want to watch what you say since your ISP address makes you not so anonymous as you think. Try saying it to my face sometime ;-) Send me a IM and I'll give you directions to my shop from Rochester just so you don't have an excuse to hide behind your screename.... but then again you know all about my "house and 1 car garage" shop, just goes to show you don't have a clue.

BTW my old man and his fellow alumini have numerous racing accomplisments to their credit, many of these guys are friends of his and hell even magazines like High Performance Pontiac interview friends of his who where at his wedding. NASCAR victories, Le Mans 24 hours, Can Am, Trans Am are all classes where guys like Terry Satchel, Don ***, Herb Adams, Tom Neil and numerous others have influenced, but to him they were just classmates. Just a bunch of bums who don't know anything. He on the other hand got out of the auto industry back in the late 60's to risk his *** to protect our country flying over 200 missions in Vietnam. You go live thru 4 years of warefare where on a daily basis anti-aircraft and SAM attacks were the norm and then come back and talk worthless smack like the internet hero you are tough guy.

I guess I'll go back to reading the normal dribble of BS on the forums and not putting my $.02 in. Hell I don't care if people don't want to know how this all really works. It's better than wasting my time with bitch fights and spineless no name posters.

Bret

Last edited by SStrokerAce; 08-15-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Talk all the smack about me you want, guess I must be doing something right to **** a internet hero who hides behind a screename off. Hell I guess the next time a magazine needs someone to interview on a topic I should send them your way rather than waisting their time talking to me..... When it comes to my family, you might want to watch what you say since your ISP address makes you not so anonymous as you think. Try saying it to my face sometime ;-) Send me a IM and I'll give you directions to my shop from Rochester just so you don't have an excuse to hide behind your screename.... but then again you know all about my "house and 1 car garage" shop, just goes to show you don't have a clue.

BTW my old man and his fellow alumini have numerous racing accomplisments to their credit, many of these guys are friends of his and hell even magazines like High Performance Pontiac interview friends of his who where at his wedding. NASCAR victories, Le Mans 24 hours, Can Am, Trans Am are all classes where guys like Terry Satchel, Don ***, Herb Adams, Tom Neil and numerous others have influenced, but to him they were just classmates. Just a bunch of bums who don't know anything. He on the other hand got out of the auto industry back in the late 60's to risk his *** to protect our country flying over 200 missions in Vietnam. You go live thru 4 years of warefare where on a daily basis anti-aircraft and SAM attacks were the norm and then come back and talk worthless smack like the internet hero you are tough guy.

I guess I'll go back to reading the normal dribble of BS on the forums and not putting my $.02 in. Hell I don't care if people don't want to know how this all really works. It's better than wasting my time with bitch fights and spineless no name posters.

Bret
Here, here...I'll Drink to that.

Quick Reply: What Do I need to break 11's?!