LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Well.... do i want to buy this 93?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993CaMaRoZ28ofIdAhO
Well let me say it agian, my hypertech chip is a piece of ****.
Cause you've got timeslips or dyno numbers to back that up, right? Good to see someone else jumping on the hypertech bashing bandwagon, with no proof whatsoever...
Old 10-07-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by pigpen
Cause you've got timeslips or dyno numbers to back that up, right? Good to see someone else jumping on the hypertech bashing bandwagon, with no proof whatsoever...
Usually the "bashing bandwagon" refers to the HPP, which is an overpriced piece of ****. That doesn't mean all Hypertech products are though.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dragframe
wow... my thread got jacked... lol
Not jacked... just detoured for awhile

Car sounds like a good buy, if you feel like working on it yourself, and realize that you'll need to replace the alternator, possibly replace the opti, search for and fix your gauge wiring, and maybe a few other things. Also realize that if you keep it for very long you may start getting into waterpump, transmission, and rear-end problems. I'd definitely try to bring a new or borrowed alternator and a hot battery and test-drive it again before buying though.

But, if you're someone that just wants to buy a car, drive it, and have someone else do the maintenance and basic repairs, then that's definitely not the car for you.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by infinitebird
Usually the "bashing bandwagon" refers to the HPP, which is an overpriced piece of ****. That doesn't mean all Hypertech products are though.
I can't say how the HPP works, cause I've never used one, but I've seen people bash on the 93 auto hypertech chip, just because of the associated name and what they hear about the HPP, without ever having any performance numbers on the 93 chip - that's bandwaggoning to me.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:31 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A full second........thats a lil much.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A little info for ya guys....I have a hypertech chip for a 93 that I got a long time ago. What a rip off! I now have a chip burner and tunercats. You guys should compare a hypertech chip program to a stock one and you will change your tune about the Hypertech chip real fast. The only things that are changed are the Fan temps and TCC lockup speed. No adjustments are made to fuel or timing. So the chance that you are really seeing more power is probably just a fluke. Temperature and humidity differences can give you a few tenths. I still have the bin files if anyone would like to see them. They do not do all that they are advertised for, Period.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 PM
hashtagBMW

I saw no gains out of my chip, what do you want me to say......its such a great mod?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:46 PM
hashtagBMW

smoknta, can you hook me up with some bins and info on tunercats? I have tunercats and the aldl cable im planing on gettin a pcmforless tune or the burner. I just dont understand the programs. Thanks man
Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Well since this guy is so hard after getting my s10.... i'll try and sell it to him for 5k. THen my dad will spend another 4-5k and i could have a nice LS1 Fbody. But we will see.

Quick Reply: Well.... do i want to buy this 93?