LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

stock lt1 1/4 mile times

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 97 6 spd LT1 went 9.0x with a K&N and a slipping clutch with 105k miles.

pulled the T56 and swapped in a TH350 trans with a Vig 3000 and went 8.57 @ 80.

removed the muffler and had some cool weather and went 8.38 @ 81

put in 4.10 gears, elec water pump, 52mm TB, & UD pulley and went 8.19 @ 82

removed 60 lbs of weight and had COLD weather and went 8.09 @ 84.

This is still a stock manifold and dual cat car... LT1's can run well too if you get serious about it. I look forward to doing some more bolt ons this winter and hopefully being more competitive. Shon Herron (bolt on record holder) has got me into this LT1 "bolt on war" craze!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOOSTEDTA
Shon Herron (bolt on record holder) has got me into this LT1 "bolt on war" craze!
It is a horrible, painstaking, quest that I wouldn't recommend to anyone but if you are a glutton for punishment then you should look forward to spending thousands just to go a tenth or two faster. Then when your wallet is empty and you still didn't make it, someone will say keep going and edge you on. So you wait for the funds and just the right weather conditions. Then you fall short again and again and you can't figure out what to do next so you keep throwing money at the car hoping to gain just a little more. You keep banging you head against the wall and falling short. Then a break through. You figure out what might put you over the edge and the weather stops you. Over and over again the same scenario for months and months. Then finally you make it after many financial sacrifices only to find out another guy already beat you a day or two earlier. So what you've been trying to accomplish for years is finally achieved and squashed all in the same week. Welcome to my world. Come on in if you want but you enter at your own risk. It's NOT fun. :/ Going fast is a blast but going after some record can REALLY put you in the poor house. Good luck buddy. You're going to NEED it.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tekprodave
It is a horrible, painstaking, quest that I wouldn't recommend to anyone but if you are a glutton for punishment then you should look forward to spending thousands just to go a tenth or two faster. Then when your wallet is empty and you still didn't make it, someone will say keep going and edge you on. So you wait for the funds and just the right weather conditions. Then you fall short again and again and you can't figure out what to do next so you keep throwing money at the car hoping to gain just a little more. You keep banging you head against the wall and falling short. Then a break through. You figure out what might put you over the edge and the weather stops you. Over and over again the same scenario for months and months. Then finally you make it after many financial sacrifices only to find out another guy already beat you a day or two earlier. So what you've been trying to accomplish for years is finally achieved and squashed all in the same week. Welcome to my world. Come on in if you want but you enter at your own risk. It's NOT fun. :/ Going fast is a blast but going after some record can REALLY put you in the poor house. Good luck buddy. You're going to NEED it.
ha, now tell me how you really feel about it!! i don't care about getting some record, just want to be a little more competitive with bolt ons before i jump ship and go to heads/cam or power adder or whatever i ultimately decide to do. this is my 7th f-body so it's not like i haven't been down this same road before! i've had everything from mild bolt on LT1's and LS1's to heads/cam and twin turbo setups.

and what's amazing about our current bolt on LT1 record holder is that it really was not that hard to do to get where he's at right now... he did not spend that much $$ nor did it take him long to do (less than a year!). sure, he's at the point now where it's going to take some serious $$ to get much faster, but that's expected.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:30 AM
11 Second Club

14.05 @ 98ish on a 2.1 if I remember right (ex-wife drivin)

MAC headers dropped it to 13.5
nittos dropped to 13.2
cold weather (as witnessed by PSJ) to 12.9
vigilante and the rest of the mods to 12.44
all with 3.23s

it's gone 12.07 still stock heads/cam and 3.23s (no juice either)

there are some tricks there and some good weather

edit: when SAR2K ran his 11.95 his DA was lower than -1000 ft, to his credit he never hid that fact from anyone
Old 11-21-2005, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

OK Jeff,

I wasn't trying to look for sympathy or discourage some friendly competition. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you are gettting into. You seem well aware so that's cool. It is relatively easy to get to low twelves but like you said it gets to a point where all the little stuff aint going to cut it.

JL,

What's up? I told you to put some 373's or even 410's in a long time ago. You might have gone deep in the 11's by now. Instead it looks like you picked up some more cars. I picked up a couple too.

Last edited by tekprodave; 11-21-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Most running at Atlanta Dragway during the fall months are running 13.7-14.2 @97-101 MPH. I have not ran my Z28 yet but hopefully, once she is painted I will have some stock times for reference.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

You sold the vette Metalbeast?

Too bad, hopefully to finish that project right?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

13.4@104mph
cat back
CAI
Crank Pulley
auto with 3.23s
1.6 Rockers
2800stall on 17" Nittos
12.92@105.8mph
on stock manifolds
Old 11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95formulalt1
dude i am not trying to be a dick but u cant dive if u cant get your car to run 13's . i run mid 13's with just some little bolt-ons . i had great traction
im tellin you i was running 14 flat up in raceway park new jersey. as far as the driving goes its an automatic so its not like i was messing up any shifts and the traction was great all the way through. plus everyone with LT1s with a few bolt ons was running just as high.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Setting records is way too much coin! I'll be happy with my 10 second pass on spray!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

c rules......my bad
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

do u like having no cats??
Old 11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

no prob like u said u werent saying it to be a d*ck. as far as having no cats every now and then you'll get a nasty smell, but oh well the car runs good without it so i dont mind the smell.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

hows the sound?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Setting records is way too much coin! I'll be happy with my 10 second pass on spray!
Building a 396 and an A4 to handle the spray is costly.
Bolt On record setting was easy!!
This car is way faster than my other car that only ran 11.96 with twice as much money sunk into it, and that dont include the cost of the car....

And Tekpro, didnt know I had hurt you like that. It's all good, just drop me a line when you are ready to put that thing deeper in the 11s and I'll hook you up!!

But to get back on topic, this car actually went mid 13s with 17"SS Wheels, tune, CAI, shifter. Typical first things. And now it runs the numbers in the sig with the parts listed below....
Old 11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Launching!

this wensday I will be running my camaro out at moroso....I am stock with the exception of what used to be a flow master system now jsut ripped off with straight pipe dumped out back and a K&N cone filter....also removed the resonator in the stock intake and re-routed the coolant line that flows threw the throttle body

I'll post up the times as well as video's
Old 11-22-2005, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
And Tekpro, didnt know I had hurt you like that. It's all good, just drop me a line when you are ready to put that thing deeper in the 11s and I'll hook you up!!
Don't worry about it Shon. I don't blame you or anyone else. I just wish I knew what I was getting myself into. I find myself spending thosands just to go a tenth or two faster when I could have spent the money elsewhere and got some huge gains. The problem now is that I'm "pot comitted". I have to keep going since I've got so much invested. I actually appreciate SAR2K for urging me on. If not for him I probably would have given up. At one point I dumped a bunch of effort and money into it and the car didn't go any faster. Then just when I thought I'd hit a 11.7X the tranny gave out. Etc, etc. It's been a tough road the last couple years. The new tranny is costing me at least 2 tenths, etc., and now my posi is giving out right after I put a new set of gears in. The good news is I may have another shot tomorrow night. The weather is nice and cool. If the car runs as well as last week then I should be able to hit 11.8X. That would be a good end of the season if I could finally get there. And Shon, you would still have the fastest bolton M6.

Last edited by tekprodave; 11-22-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is how I felt about my 94PPM car, more and more time/money and didnt pick up anything.
And you are right, no matter what you run, I will still have the M6 record, HA!!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

That northeast comment is bullshit. Etown has great alt, I've seen a ton of stock LT1s run in the 13s there.

and Zigroid, please decrease your signature banner to under the 500x150 limit.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Building a 396 and an A4 to handle the spray is costly.
Bolt On record setting was easy!!
This car is way faster than my other car that only ran 11.96 with twice as much money sunk into it, and that dont include the cost of the car....

But to get back on topic, this car actually went mid 13s with 17"SS Wheels, tune, CAI, shifter. Typical first things. And now it runs the numbers in the sig with the parts listed below....
Wasnt too bad and if I was able to do all the work myslef it would have been way cheaper.

Quick Reply: stock lt1 1/4 mile times