LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

32valve LT1 Progress...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was flipping through there site looking over the prices on the SBC stuff then I went to the BBC section expection something smiliar

I jus about shat myself when i saw 20,000 for a complete set
Old 04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -PEPE-

So your girls been buggin ya to finish it huh?
LOL! Thats 4'sho...I've just been kinda busy with work lately so I haven't had alot of time to devote to it. Matter of fact I'm fixing to head to Virginia all next week....anyway, Bizzatch350 sent me a pm about the new LS1 arao heads and I went and checked out the post on the other site. It reminded me all over again of when the LT1 version came out. Lots of talk and lots of excitement but thats about it. For the company's sake, hopefully they will pay out money thats owed to previous customers and rebuild their name. There is a sponsor on that other site that is touting all the accolades of the heads and what not but that sponsor needs to do some research first and find out WHY there are unhappy customers and figure out how they can re-polish the company's name.

Anyway....some updates for you guys. And don't be mad cause I don't have pics yet but like I said, just been kinda busy. After I moved the car to my buddies place I decided I would like to go a different route with the car. I knew I needed to figure out what I wanted to do as far as fuel management and instead of spending more money on injection (I needed to buy a new painless engine harness) I decided it would be a better idea to just carb the thing first since I am not sure if this motor is even going to live. Not to mention I pretty much already have all that associated hardware and I could get the thing running in no time. So sure enough I looked around a bit and turned over a few boxes and walaa....now there is a carb sitting on the motor. I was able to reuse all my expensive azz lines and fittings and I already had a carb regulator so it just made sense. After I got it all together I quickly realized that the carb sitting on the motor made it look about 100x tougher than it already did with those huge valve covers with plug wires sticking out. So now I'm pretty positive the carb will stay on for a good while until I decide to do sumin' different. Especially since I have no place to race anyway (LT1s get no luv)...

So what's left? Well, I need to figure out where I want to mount the tranny cooler, install radiator and just do some minimal wire clean up. Putting the carb on also free'd up all kinds of space in the engine bay so it will need to probably be completely re-vamped once the thing is fired up but all the cosmetics will be addressed later when I'm sure the motor is not going to eat itself alive.

I know some of your are asking why I keep making comments in a negative connatation about the motor surviving but honestly I just don't know. When I originally started building this motor I tried to pick the manf.'s brain so we could make sure we built this right but not only was he hard to get a hold of, when you did if you disagreed or challenged anything he said it quickly turned into a pissing match. It got to a point where he wouldn't even talk to my engine builder anymore. So customer service was/has been non-existent. We basically have felt like we have been flying blind the entire build because there are no other examples out there for us to follow and we've gotten little to NO help from the manf.

To the poster asking about flow #'s....I'll just say that my heads are flowing over 300 cfm at .300 lift. That should give you guys an idea of the "potential" of these heads...
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a fan-equipped oil cooler and just mount it in the engine bay.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im wigging out with suspense.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula350
Get a fan-equipped oil cooler and just mount it in the engine bay.
Unfortunately I already have the cooler and it's a bit bigger than I would have chosen at this point so I will make it work. It's not as if it won't fit, I just want to be creative in where I put it and right now the lines (braided) are too short so I have to either decide to ditch the fancy braided lines and just buy some regular hose or make the braded line work.

[QUOTE=JPMuscle]Im wigging out with suspense. [\QUOTE]

JPMuscle....I know exactly what you mean. At this point, i really could go and fire up the car at its current state but I'm trying to be patient and at least get the entire car to a running state.

If I have time, I may try and go by there this weekend and snap some pics so you guys can see how cool it looks with the carb sitting on top. The weekend is jam packed tho so I'm not sure if I'll see the car again until I get back in town....
Old 04-13-2007, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

yea im on that other forum where they released the LS1 head info first.... it sounds like a much better deal than the SBC version.... sounds like its gunna be more of a bolt on dael than their SBC heads turned out
Old 04-13-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive never heard a better reason to put a carb on top of a motor ahhaaha. . Becuase it looks Badass ... pricelesss.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dragframe
yea im on that other forum where they released the LS1 head info first.... it sounds like a much better deal than the SBC version.... sounds like its gunna be more of a bolt on dael than their SBC heads turned out
I think it will definitely work out better in that regard because most people like to bolt stuff on without having to modify it. It also seems like LS1 owners don't mind spending completely ridiculous amounts of money on their cars either so ONCE PROVEN these heads could possibly make a turn. But like I stated earlier, unless their business pratices must change or they won't sell chit.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i want your tires an wheels...NOW lol
Old 05-06-2007, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Hello All,

Just to let you know. The dyno numbers for the NEW Lsx heads are coming soon. Any customer service questions can be addressed to myself. I am pushing Russ to clear up all issues and they are getting resolved.

Since no one had seen a set of LT heads running I may push him to use my car as a demo

Also I had to convince him to get a stock LS7 intake as the other one is as sick as the heads themselves. I can't wait to get the video and show you all.

Only 2 things holding up our sponsorship on this site currently. 1. Expendatures to be at PRI this year. 2. Production - The valvetrain is in production currently and castings will be a couple of months so initial sets will be from billet.

I will take some pictures from the shop next week. Once you see these heads it is hard not to be sold (except the price).

Big Show, Can you put me in touch with the gentle men who never got that intake. I will take care of it.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Big Show
To the poster asking about flow #'s....I'll just say that my heads are flowing over 300 cfm at .300 lift. That should give you guys an idea of the "potential" of these heads...
Holy mother of hell thats some flow
Old 05-07-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stroker396
Hello All,

I am pushing Russ to clear up all issues and they are getting resolved.

Since no one had seen a set of LT heads running I may push him to use my car as a demo

Big Show, Can you put me in touch with the gentle men who never got that intake. I will take care of it.
Good luck and good luck. LIke I said before I wish you guys the best if things are turning around.

I was the one that never got the intake but that is water under the bridge. It's the other guys that never got their heads they paid deposits on that you need to address.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
FormerVendor

I got one customer taken care of in Germany. I need to know who needs help so I can solve their issues. Thanks.

I thought you had mentioned someone else who had paid and never received an intake???
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can't find the person, you can just send it my way
Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Not to hi-jack, but on my computer I have two videos that came out quite a while ago from the same shop (not sure if I can put their name up, but it is in the videos). It is, as I would guess it, the same short block (listed as a 406), but on one it uses a set of normal heads, dual carbs, and a blower. On the other, a set of the Arao heads with what I assume is the same blower and carb set up. I do not know how to post them, but from the looks of the tack on the engine dyno, those heads spin up quite a bit quicker!

Also, A friend of mines father runs a shop in Arizona that used to have dealings with the maker of these heads, and they were supposed to get a set to experiment with, but from what the son has expressed the owner tried to do the whole marine racing scene instead, and I had even heard about the over-seas gentlemen not getting what they paid for. Kind of a raw deal, what with the possibilities these heads seem to show.....
Old 05-08-2007, 06:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

did any one have them working on an LTx motor yet, if so, what were the results, what are the pros and cons??
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT1BRN
did any one have them working on an LTx motor yet, if so, what were the results, what are the pros and cons??

There is a guy that had them running,it was in a issue of High performance pontiac,about6months maybe a year ago.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stroker396
I got one customer taken care of in Germany. I need to know who needs help so I can solve their issues. Thanks.

I thought you had mentioned someone else who had paid and never received an intake???
If you do a search, you will find the person from Australia that was on here asking for help.

I said he wanted me to pay first and I told him to do it C.O.D. because of what a previous customer told me. Whenever I called to check status, it was always in "work" and finally I just gave up.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks,

I will see if I can find him. I can understand why people would be apprehensive.

I have been to the Shop and Russ is always working as well has having people stop in all the time and the phone ringing. I can see why he had problems with customer service. That is not any excuse just the reality. He has been very responsive for me and that is allowing us now to get things done. Of course I am a PITA

I am all about customer service and doing whatever it takes to ge the job done.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

there was a t/a in a pontiac magazine a few months back. I fell in love. Its one of those.."if I win the freakin' Lottery" kinda things for me

Quick Reply: 32valve LT1 Progress...