LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

'95 Formula vs. '01 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove your floormats, jack and spare for a little weight reduction.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mattybz28
Okay, so many people in here are idiots, don't listen to half of them telling you to manually shift.

I asume you are refering to me! Look @#@$%#ss, not ever car is the same I have owned a A4 z28 and never had a problem with manually shifting it. As a matter of fact it was faster on the street because I manual shifted it due to NOS and tire spin.

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Thank you for second and 3rding my opnions on this. Please listen to me and these guys. We know what we are tlaking about.
Randy
Sorry but you guys are not the only ones who know what they are talking about.

StealthFormula let me clarify something. Beating on a car period is hard on a car. Yes it is possible you with hurt the trans racing the car. Some cars can handle things others can't like NOS,hard launches,1:6: rockers without valve springs, stock rearends running 10's! You just have to take your chances with racing, when you beat on anything it will break sooner or later nothing is bulletproof!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Teching In

I don't think you should have any problem with the GT at all...And as for manually shifting...I have tried my 4L60E both ways at the track and on the street, and it made no difference at all....So why do the extra work and take a really slight chance of f'ing up... But in the case of the arguin, you're driving an f-body and not the damn mustang, and thats all that matters Definately let us know how it goes...
Old 04-05-2006, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I just talked to the Stang driver 5 minutes ago...The race is set for late at night this friday or saturday on the local 309 highway. We are running from a 25mph roll and a dig. From 25mph my car takes off like a **** so I dont need to manually shift it this race. Were running 25-125mph so I assume I will have no problem especially up top since his gears are steeper than mine. From the dig I'm going to spin alot so I gotta do a burnout or something to prevent that since his 3.73's will let him jump out quick.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

My school is almost the same way. Me and a buddy have a '95 Z28 M6 (mine) and a '96 Z28 M6 (his) with the only difference being, I'm getting 4.10s in, so I should be the fastest in school. The only 'real' competition is from a teacher who has a bone stock '01 Mustang GT M5.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Good luck man! Last time i raced a GT down the interstate we got up to 135 (him behind me of course) and i looked in my mirrors to see his engine blow...went back to check what happened and he had just bought the used car 15 minutes before...sucked for him...but maybe he learned not to mess with f-bodies, just like your opponet will
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

when you come out of the hole don't just floor it unless you just want to look like an idiot doing a huge burnout for all of 1st gear. If you feather the throttle youll have much better results w/ launching.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Well....what happened? Or have you raced yet?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Well a bunch of people met up at Wendy's by the 309 highway were we chilled for a while and everyone was like so r you guys gonna race??? And the Stang said no not tonight so that was gay. He said he will tomorrow but wtf why not tonight? Anyways then everyone left for some kids house and I just ended up cruising around town showing off a little lol. It may rain tomorrow so if it does the race is off. I also have another race one of these days with a modded SRT-4 that beat the same Stang by 2 car lengths or so.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

That's gay. Did you tell him that was gay? I'd let him know you're the fastest car at the high school until he can prove you wrong because he chickened out.

Some may say that it's understandable b/c street racing is illegal, but I bet he knew that before he challenged you to a race.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by intenseblue
That's gay. Did you tell him that was gay? I'd let him know you're the fastest car at the high school until he can prove you wrong because he chickened out.

Some may say that it's understandable b/c street racing is illegal, but I bet he knew that before he challenged you to a race.
yea I know...I think he did that since friday the cops are typically out and he has said before that he thinks I will win but I dunno he may just be saying that. I'm scared of loseing because like tons and tons of people know about this race and I sure dont want my name going around school as loseing to the Stang and have everyone bring it up and all. I dont have the confidence that I will win but I dunno I can't see myself loseing either so I dunno it just his damn 3.73's that scare me.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Teching In

you now have the fastest car in school by forfit, tell him that and maybe next time his **** will stop hurtin long enough to have himself a race, you will win, he will lose and run home to change his tampon and cry, and thats that, and even if you should lose, atleast your not drivin a ford. i may be confused, but if you are supposed to run this guy for title, and he just got beat by an srt4, shouldent you be racin that srt?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You should beat him... I raced a 2002 GT, 5 speed me driving my 1994 T/A a4... won 3 out of 3... all races were from a roll...... so........ Good Luck!!! You shouldn't be worried.... perharps he's modding his mudstain in some way for the race....
Old 04-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Staging Lane

Do yourself a favor and go practice some launches from a stop before you race the guy. Find a secluded section of road and practice, best "mod" you can do is the driver mod...
Old 04-08-2006, 03:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
i think you will take him. i got a 99 gt and it really doesnt gain **** from mods.
its just going to come down to traction
I was just telling a friend of mine the same thing. I started with a 97 Mustang and it was hell trying to make power. It wasnt till I got my supercharger things got better and even then the heads were so restrictive.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Staging Lane

well now the gt is out of the way you should be concentrating on the skittle..... I would be much more worried about a skittle w/ mods than any GT that doesn't have a power adder. THe skittle is much more likely to be faster as stock for stock would rape the A4 GT and w/ mods it can be deadly.... Practice your launches and you shouldn't have a problem w/ either car if the SRT 4 isn't highly modded.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're running the SRT4, you better run from a dig or you're going to get your feelings hurt.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Well its raining big time here today so the race is called off till next weekend. He will do it I know he will. The SRT-4 is some dudes car that doesn't go to our school but I'll race him from a dig once I practice launching. His buddy with an Evo also wants to race and I think its pretty much stock so I should be ok with that car too dunno if I should do dig or roll race with it tho. The Stang also wants to race from a dig as well and he can launch that thing so I definetly got to go out and practice.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Evo's are pretty slow, but they come off of the line real nice. If you run one from a roll or you have sticky tires you should be able to beat one. SRT4's are FWD, so they're at an immediate disadvantage from a stop, but they're pretty damn quick once they get rolling. And modding them makes a ton of power with very little mods.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

u should get out the video recorder for the race so u can play over and over again....lolol

Quick Reply: '95 Formula vs. '01 GT