LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

'95 Formula vs. '01 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey a quick mode that can net u 4-6rwhp right away is the TB bypass....

Look that up and do it on your car and you seriously can feel a difference with it.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95formulalt1
u should get out the video recorder for the race so u can play over and over again....lolol

Old 04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
If you're running the SRT4, you better run from a dig or you're going to get your feelings hurt.
that is so true you will be so dissapointed in you car if you race that srt from a roll like others said those things are fast from a roll i raced one from 35 and that thing killed me baddd.thrn we raced from a dig and he thought he was gonna kill me and I raped the **** out of him and his lil booger.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
Old 04-08-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3.73's has got you worried STEALTH. Got to have more faith in your car. Everyone in here does but we don't have to answer to your school. Look with your mods you should have big end on him not problem. If he wants to go front a stop do this!
1.Air you front tires all the way up {44psi}.
2. Look at your front sway bar a easy tenth in the 60ft is to disconnect the end links {takes 5 minutes}. CAR WILL BE FINE!!!
3.Then go somewher to practice your a launch. What use to work for me is Put you foot on the brake and rev to motor to about 1000 rpm then stiffen your leg and msh the gas down half way when you fell the car shift all its weight to the back put it into the floor board.
4.Just relax its only a race.

Stealth depending on the SRT-4's mods will tell the out come. If it just has CAI and some exhaust it will a good race between you two. If it is a earlier srt-4 it has one wheel peel but, a newer one has limited slip so a stop is not gonna benefit much.

Now I'm not sure what EVO's run where most of you are from but around here I have seen stock EVO's run low 13's at 105/106. So I would'nt put any money on that race.

STEALTH remember you have have good bolt-ons on your car and should easliy be trapping 103/105.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

You're going to outrun the Mustang if you don't roast the tires all the way through first. I drive a Mustang also. The SRT4s aren't much faster than an A4 LT1. They're about the same. I know this also from racing experience. Not sure about the EVO but I think you could take one of those, too. I wouldn't worry about any of these cars except the EVO. If you did the dig-125 race I think you'd win. If you race him to anything lower than 75 you're probably going to lose unless you can learn to make your car hook. If I were you, I'd do a 15-20 roll with that Mustang. You'd probalby wax him BAD.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Teching In

before you race the neon see if you can find out if it is a stage 1, 2, or 3. because that will be very important information, i work for chrystler and ive driven quite a few srt's (including the 300c SRT8, drove one today actually) but if its a stage 3 with no mods at all u better drive ur *** off, stage 1, which im sure it probably is, can have some pretty nice mods and aslong as you can drive u shouldent have a problem. i also used to work for subaru, and STI guys hate EVO's as long as it is not an evo VIII or an M.R. you should be fine unless its modded, but with your mods you are in a pretty safe place and shouldent worry much, and seriously man, i know your old man said no more mods, but if i were you i would DEFINATLY get a tourque converter cause it will make a pretty significant difference
Old 04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

^^Torque Converter is next on the list and I'll get one installed next school year when I'm away at college.

WTF he calls me earlier today to tell me were going to race later and he will call me at 9:00. Well its 9:30 and no call so I call him and he says well I'm on 309 now and I'm going to see a movie and I saw like two cops so lets race another time. WTF I wanna race now damnit not wait for him to keep backing out. I'll find out exactly what that SRT-4 has done to it next week at school when I ask a kid who knows.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
I'll find out exactly what that SRT-4 has done to it next week at school when I ask a kid who knows.
**** the SRT. In stock form, you'll eat that car. I raced a stock one on the highway, and they have no top end. A 3800 Series 2 V-6 would give a stock SRT4 a good run on top.

AS fer the Stang, the only thing he has are 3.73's and headers, but your LT1 should have more than enough torque with your mods.
Face him, Race him, and disgrace him.

Either way you guys should be friends, their both nice cars, even though I hate fords, alteast its domestic.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla
**** the SRT. In stock form, you'll eat that car. I raced a stock one on the highway, and they have no top end. A 3800 Series 2 V-6 would give a stock SRT4 a good run on top.

AS fer the Stang, the only thing he has are 3.73's and headers, but your LT1 should have more than enough torque with your mods.
Face him, Race him, and disgrace him.

Either way you guys should be friends, their both nice cars, even though I hate fords, alteast its domestic.
Actually we grew up together and were best friends until I moved to a nearby town. We may actually be going to the same college next year. This is a friendly race but it has a title attached so I wanna kick his @ss.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

I practiced going from digs today and I got it down real good so now I can race him from a dig without spinning and hopefully show him what an LT1 can do. I'll update after i race the Stang which should now be this friday or saturday.

BTW: I saw the neon at a car show yesterday but anyways the thing dynoe'd 250whp and 275tq. I think I'm gonna pass that race up.

Last edited by StealthFormula; 04-10-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, shy away from the SRT4. My buddy Matt has an RSX with a Greddy turbo kit, an Ebay catback, and Hondata and made 272whp @ 9.5psi. Never saw the track, but it pulled a 7.80 1/8 mile 351 coupe foxbody Mustang. He blew second in it the day after the dyno tune with 9.5psi and he's pretty much sold the turbo and is going to trade on an SRT4. Don't know what he'll do to it, but I'm pretty sure a Mopar Stage3 package, or similar aftermarket parts are in the works. I guess what I'm trying to say is stay away from those light cars if they are making good power. I've raced two stock ones and I stayed dead even with one from a dig that only had a CAI, and pulled dead even on another that was only off the lot for about a week from a 45-50mph roll. We caught a stoplight and chatted very breifly and got rolling about 5mph and nailed it. We both spun but I was pulling but missed 2nd. I know, but the synchros were shot and the tranny whined when I got it. My car ran 9.2s when I raced those cars in the 1/8. It's an 88 5.0 I don't hate on Fbody's though. Love them actually.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

you will win man no dought, a friend of mine had a 01 gt auto with 4:10's and it was still slow as ****.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

I've never rode in a geared auto, but I know one that isn't geared is SAD. Ball-less. A 5speed PI 4.6 can run 13.9s stock, but they're picky on their launch because of the lack of low-end.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Well we raced tonight and a few people watched so we got witnesses.....
The first race we did from a 55mph roll on the highway and I spanked him pretty good from start to finish and put atleast 2 or 3 or 4 car lengths on him was hard to tell I was trying to keep my eyes on the road. Then he wanted to race from a dig so we went to a back road and ran what seems to be between an 1/8 and a 1/4 mile. From start to finish I took him real good and really left him behind. I'm happy cause now everyone at school wont be like who's car is faster?? all the time. He beat everyone in school any many people in the area and I spanked him so YESSSSS!!!!!!. My next race is with an SRT-4 with 250whp that beat the Stang by a car length from a roll so I should be able to take him. The Stand driver and his passenger were pleasantly suprised and we all had a great time!

BTW: On the back road we were racing on, we turn around in this guys driveway then I drive around again to pick my friend up who was standing on the road there cause we thought a cop was coming but it was actually someones Crown Vic so we split. ANyways when I went back to pick my friend up I'm turnign around in this dudes driveway and this damn hick has some weapon and a cb radio so I hauled *** outta there and then my friend drove past there on our way back to Wawa and the and the damn hick threw his radio at my friends car and started to flip **** so we go the hell out of there considering there is a police station seriously less than a 1/4 mile from there. Too much suspense for one night.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

sweeettt man i new you were going to win. good kill.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE KILL BUDDY! it feels nice to put stangs in there place.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Well we raced tonight and a few people watched so we got witnesses.....
The first race we did from a 55mph roll on the highway and I spanked him pretty good from start to finish and put atleast 2 or 3 or 4 car lengths on him was hard to tell I was trying to keep my eyes on the road. Then he wanted to race from a dig so we went to a back road and ran what seems to be between an 1/8 and a 1/4 mile. From start to finish I took him real good and really left him behind. I'm happy cause now everyone at school wont be like who's car is faster?? all the time. He beat everyone in school any many people in the area and I spanked him so YESSSSS!!!!!!. My next race is with an SRT-4 with 250whp that beat the Stang by a car length from a roll so I should be able to take him. The Stand driver and his passenger were pleasantly suprised and we all had a great time!

BTW: On the back road we were racing on, we turn around in this guys driveway then I drive around again to pick my friend up who was standing on the road there cause we thought a cop was coming but it was actually someones Crown Vic so we split. ANyways when I went back to pick my friend up I'm turnign around in this dudes driveway and this damn hick has some weapon and a cb radio so I hauled *** outta there and then my friend drove past there on our way back to Wawa and the and the damn hick threw his radio at my friends car and started to flip **** so we go the hell out of there considering there is a police station seriously less than a 1/4 mile from there. Too much suspense for one night.
good kill, but you were racing a 1/4 mile from a police station??
Old 04-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beeker82
good kill, but you were racing a 1/4 mile from a police station??
He doesn't have to outrun the cops though. He just has to out run his friends mustang.....oh thats right he already did j/k

Nice kill dude
Old 04-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
If you're running the SRT4, you better run from a dig or you're going to get your feelings hurt.
That is correct, mostly because there aren;t any stock SRT-4's around

Quick Reply: '95 Formula vs. '01 GT