LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Dyno's aren't that accurate! Did you go from shorties to longtubes and dyno it on the same dyno? same day? Same conditions? Please don't base your longtube assumptions on this one fluke situation. I guarantee that there was some underlying problem with the dyno or your car, that didn't allow you to notice the gains that the LT's had provided.

ks my ss- I was only trying to say that my friend has a fast stock car, and just because your car runs nice, doesn't mean that shorties are as good as longtubes. In NO way was I comparing an LT1 to an LS1!
oh now dyno's arent that accurate. i guess they are only good when they work in your favor.
i've spent alot of time on the dyno... and in my experience on 3 different dynos they were all within 3 hp of each other.
still, if the long tubes are suppose to be soo much better, im sure i'd see a gain.

but i agree dyno number dont mean much... and thats why i said i didnt gain anything at the track either.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Well I guess your car is just special now isn't it !!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

You guys are hilarious trying to say that shorties make just as much power as longtubes.

Talk to anyone who makes headers, runs a dyno shop, etc. or just search on cz28, there is a huge amount of dyno/track evidence that will show you are clearly wrong.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by infinitebird
You guys are hilarious trying to say that shorties make just as much power as longtubes.

Talk to anyone who makes headers, runs a dyno shop, etc. or just search on cz28, there is a huge amount of dyno/track evidence that will show you are clearly wrong.
Man we have been saying that but yet they still go against facts. I guess they probably think the moon landing really never happened either.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

still waiting on facts proving my experience and others are just a fluke. not just i herd from so and so that bobs roommates sisters boyfriend 2nd couisn car gained a ton over shorties... all judged by his calibrated assometer
Old 04-20-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
still waiting on facts proving my experience and others are just a fluke. not just i herd from so and so that bobs roommates sisters boyfriend 2nd couisn car gained a ton over shorties... all judged by his calibrated assometer
Still waiting for you to get a clue! Like I said check for yourself. I'm not going to do the research for you. Seek and ye shall find! I recommend talking to someone in the business. Please do us all a favor and do this before posting anymore of this nonsense! I'm actually embarrassed for you!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

must be running out of steam... your taking it to personal attacks

whats embarrassing is the fact that your talking about something that you have no personal experience in.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

You stick with your shorty's and apperent lack of simple facts. THE FACTS ARE THERE. Call any header company, call any respectable performance shop, call any engine builder, DO YOUR RESEARCH. Like I have stated atleast four times this is something I have been around for a long time and these are things I see, no we dont sit around and do header swaps to prove a point to squirrels that just wanna know what has been known for years. Generally the knowlegable public will understand that educated people actually do know what they are talking about. I don't care if your car showed no change, what kind of shorty's are you choking your motor down with and what kind of LT's did you have ? Your stance is one of ignorance and miseducation and because you out of 98% of the LT1's in the world have not seen change you continue to argue with no real basis other than your car. There have been multiple replies in this thread about the differences but yet you still cannot read between the lines.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
You stick with your shorty's and apperent lack of simple facts.
what kind of shorty's are you choking your motor down with and what kind of LT's did you have ?
did you even read any of this post

Old 04-20-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some dyno FACTS
http://www.steedafocus.com/charts/charts10_3.htm

Even the Mustang guys get it
http://www.mustangboards.com/modular...hort-tube.html

You have said that twice now so pay attention and pull your head out
Old 04-20-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I guess they probably think the moon landing really never happened either.
haha, kinda the same thing. I mean thousands of people have witnessed it (moon landing and LT's making more power than shorties) but how do we really know it's true? lmao

This is not even an Lt1/ls1 specific thing. Talk to anyone who knows anything about performance cars (any brand). It has been common knowledge for a long time in the auto world that longtubes will make more power than any other type of header. It makes sense that would be the case even just considering the basic design differences.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

must be running out of steam... your taking it to personal attacks

whats embarrassing is the fact that your talking about something that you have no personal experience in.

That's not a personal attack...just stating the obvious. It's just a little frusterating listening to someone who obviously doesn't have any experience, arguing and arguing about something we've all known for years! The frusterating thing is that you don't want to learn or do any research, you just want to argue about something that is already a known fact. I always like to learn more about cars and am willing to do the research required to gain greater understanding. Do you want me to give you the # of someone who builds motors and dyno's cars on a daily basis? I know several experts in the field you can talk to, that have shops here in town. I know it would help you to hear it from a professional and not just some guy on the internet. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Another link and just scroll through and look at the majority in this thread which came from this sites exhaust section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/140408-exhaust-reviews-sound-clips-ls1sounds-com.html
Old 04-20-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Another link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=shortys
Old 04-20-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree, if you got the extra money, dont care about inspections or ground clearence get long tubes.
now if you do have to think about the above... get shorties/mid lenghts. you wont be disapointed...
unless you get 96-97 dual cat shorties. those do suck
if thats the case get some 93-95 shorties.
funny this is what started it all

but as i stated 96-97 dual cat headers suck... that just dont have the design the 93-95 do
and that is why this is a car/engine specific conversation

Old 04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Old 04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

funny this is what started it all

but as i stated 96-97 dual cat headers suck... that just dont have the design the 93-95 do
and that is why this is a car/engine specific conversation

It's nice to all be on the same page, so that when someone new to the mod world pulls up a thread like this, he gets true information. I wouldn't want someone to see this thread and go around telling everyone, I hear shorties make just as good of power as longtubes.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Still waiting for you to get a clue! Like I said check for yourself. I'm not going to do the research for you. Seek and ye shall find! I recommend talking to someone in the business. Please do us all a favor and do this before posting anymore of this nonsense! I'm actually embarrassed for you!
ok mr. big shot car guy that knows all. judging by your post history i would say you dont have any experience at all with cars just from what you read on the net.

im not saying midlenghts are better im just saying that they arent nearly as bad as people make them out to be. if you are running a big solid roller 355 or 383 or something thats making decent power then yes step up to longtubes but if you want a small to mild setup then both headers will work just fine and there prolly wont be much of a difference between the 2.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Another link and just scroll through and look at the majority in this thread which came from this sites exhaust section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140408
look at the next to last post in that thread thats just what i have been trying to say
Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

You guys are still trying to argue this ?

Quick Reply: Shorty Headers