LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 vs. Ls1

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Why dont you shut the hell up and go get yourself an LSx engine. You obviously dont like LT1s.

Tony.
Why dont you go fvck yourself. If you have a problem dealing with other peoples opinion on the internet of all places mabey you need to step away from the computer and end yourself. What kinda homo gets upset just because somebody doesnt follow the flock. Get bent.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:41 AM
11 Second Club

sheesh not this post again...
Old 04-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Launching!

damn....yall are very agressive on this thread!!! The thing that everyone needs to understand is that we all have f-bodys and we need to concentrate on kicking everybody else's ***!!!! I think all f-body's are great and with each generation that comes out has to be better than the last one, so everybody should just buy what they want, and go from there. I have a 95 z and im lovin her and im slowy but surely modding her enough to beat some cars. I know im not going to beat an ls1 anytime soon, i just wanna stomp those srt-4's and wrx's!!! so i say put the differneces aside and share some info on makin our cars even more bad ***!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Droopy8503
damn....yall are very agressive on this thread!!! The thing that everyone needs to understand is that we all have f-bodys and we need to concentrate on kicking everybody else's ***!!!! I think all f-body's are great and with each generation that comes out has to be better than the last one, so everybody should just buy what they want, and go from there. I have a 95 z and im lovin her and im slowy but surely modding her enough to beat some cars. I know im not going to beat an ls1 anytime soon, i just wanna stomp those srt-4's and wrx's!!! so i say put the differneces aside and share some info on makin our cars even more bad ***!!!
I agree 100% dude. It seems like alot of people in this thread are against the LSX just because they have a LTX. People need to relize it's cool to like both.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:51 AM
11 Second Club

Well put...
Old 04-23-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Uhhhh.... I thought this was the LT1 modification section on LS1 tech, not Camaro or F-body forum. I don't have an F-body and I like spanking Cobras, Rustangs, etc.

Stock for stock the LSX is better than a LT1/4, this thread reminds me of the L98 vs LT1 threads on Corvette Forum. The L98 guys think they have torque monsters and will annihilate LTXs with their 250HP tractor motors, Then they start OPTI bashing. I believe that I may a little more power than the average LS.

Mike

Last edited by aboatguy; 04-23-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest advantage I can think of, performance wise anyway, is the LS1 is so much lighter. I've been told by strip guys that the weight difference is like giving the LS1 15HP extra. So, if that's true--and I don't know any different, shouldn't runs with equal LT1/LS1's go slightly to the LS1?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Teching In

I heard your ***** is bigger if you drive a ls1
Old 04-23-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

You know you can't make a statement like this and not expect to ruffle peoples feathers.

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I cant understand for the life of me why people, LT1 people wont just accept the fact that MOD FOR MOD the LS1 wins everytime. We sound like ricers when we say well all we need is this this and this to keep up and or be faster than a stock LS1.
I do agree with your later statement "it is cool to like both". I could have bought an LS1 but I didn't want another monthly note. IMO the LT1 was just better bang for the buck.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

damn....yall are very agressive on this thread!!!
Every single one of these threads always ends up like this.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree i didnt wanna another car note so i bought one outright that i could mod and have similar performance..an lt1..yeah stock for stock the ls1 is a better motor and more powerful in my opinion but i just didnt wanna fork over all that money..i figured the lt1 was a hell of a bang for the buck and i wouldnt be far behind the ls1
Old 04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I agree 100% dude. It seems like alot of people in this thread are against the LSX just because they have a LTX. People need to relize it's cool to like both.
i have 2 lt1 cars and 2 lsx cars
hell, i just bought a 95 camaro last night from some dude on the street
ive got my garage full of lt1 and lsx parts alike heads,turbos, and whatnot
a 383 lt4 engine in a sealed bag thats been sitting for over a year
like 4 hollw ls1 engines and 2 6.0s,cranks, a box full of coil pacs, and optis
i love the look of all the 4th gens but i prefer the potential of the LSX
They are both powerful engines it just boils down to how fast u wanna go and how much u gonna $$
if u runnin round stock with an LT1/LS1
then u just a fool
Old 04-23-2006, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

NemeSS:

Explain to me how a 346 c.i.d. LS1 magically has more potential than a 350 c.i.d. LT1?

-------------
Yes these threads get aggressive because there's always ignorance in abundance.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

both are f bods both are sexy *** beasts why fight its stupid stcok for stock ls1 will win no doubt every car is different...my cars a ******* freak wiht headers cutout and cai i beat my buddies 2000 ss wiht exhaust and radials and lid....i dunno rspect everyones opinion were all bros here no need to fight
Old 04-23-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LT's and LS1's suck lets all buy some honda's with some fart cans....... woops
Old 04-23-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=urbanhunter44]NemeSS:

Explain to me how a 346 c.i.d. LS1 magically has more potential than a 350 c.i.d. LT1?

15 degree heads! Why all the bickering over if? What if? If I did this? Cheaper to mod....Face it the LS1 is newer and better technology! LS1>LT1. Big deal....so what! LS6 and LS7>LS1. Own up to reality. It's obviously going to take quit a few mods to "destroy" a lighter car with a 40+ rwhp advantage! It sounds like some of you guys have a short mans complex. I used to have a pig 97 mustang GT, and never had a problem admitting that the newer 4.6's were better and faster. They had a 40+ rwhp on me also. Of course I could/did mod the car to beat stock 99+ GT's, but it took alot of work to beat a car with a big rwhp advantage.

Last edited by Redneck Z; 04-23-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

all i know... is what it will take me to get my 700 rwhp from my LTx motor so that is probly what i will build.

I have a chance to get a LSx motor with harness and t56 for cheap. I will pick it up, but i probly wont use it in my car because the aluminum block and a few various things like how many studs in the heads and what not wont hold boost as well as the LTx (the 700 hp motor is relying on a turbo... lol)
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
NemeSS:

-------------
Yes these threads get aggressive because there's always ignorance in abundance.
seeing as how i am a SAM graduate
and do this for a living and own a flowbench
i guess idont know a crank from a pitot tube or a manometer
ill just leave it at that
btw i have some LTX stuff u might be interested in
383 LT4 engine
AFR raised runner 2.1 219cc heads 300+cfm@.650 lift
Old 04-23-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
NemeSS:

Well I think 5 years in research on engine power development could more than make up for 4 c.i. but that said I do think both have roughly the same potential seeing as the fastest track time with each is very close.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dragframe
all i know... is what it will take me to get my 700 rwhp from my LTx motor so that is probly what i will build.

I have a chance to get a LSx motor with harness and t56 for cheap. I will pick it up, but i probly wont use it in my car because the aluminum block and a few various things like how many studs in the heads and what not wont hold boost as well as the LTx (the 700 hp motor is relying on a turbo... lol)
i guess my 740+rwhp aluma 346 SS engine doesnt know its not supposed to stay together under 15+ psi of boost and why its new owner
clicks off 10.00 -9.97s@137-139mph with an M6 and a moser 9 in at SAR in TX on a 02 WS6
and its on stock 241 castings and doesnt know its supposed to hold boost
i guess i forgot to let it know

Quick Reply: Lt1 vs. Ls1