TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:37 AM
KVU
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
It doesn't hold the LT1 cam only dyno record.
Prove it.

And why would the A/F chance from the collector to tail pipe, it's not like the exhaust gas majically changes in 10 feet of piping.
Not because of the tail pipe length. I already said it's from the dynamic piston speed.

Post up the SAE #'s then you can start talking about that.
The dyno sheet has the correction factor right on it. We live about 600 ft above sea level AND the DA has been fair. So the correction factor is not that great. In fact, we will have negative DA soon and the dyno will pull hp on the correction factor). Even though the engine will be making over 100+ of it's available HP@ atmospheric pressure.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

But that is the point of the SAE numbers, corrected numbers that is supposed to be uniform from one end of the earth to another so numbers can be compared.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KVU
Prove it.

Not because of the tail pipe length. I already said it's from the dynamic piston speed.

The dyno sheet has the correction factor right on it. We live about 600 ft above sea level AND the DA has been fair. So the correction factor is not that great. In fact, we will have negative DA soon and the dyno will pull hp on the correction factor). Even though the engine will be making over 100+ of it's available HP@ atmospheric pressure.
Yeah it has a correction factor, just not the right one. All cars in America are rated to SAE #'s, not STD #'s.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

I do not understand why some people get thier panties in a wad over someone not posting SAE vs STD or vice versa. Honestly, who cares!!?? Not I. It's a matter of like 5-15hp.

And I could care less if you have a hard time believing what the car did on the dyno. It did what it did and that is all there is to it. I'm not here to prove anything.

Bottom line, its a strong running LT1 whether you like it or not.

Its strong running for 2 reasons.

1) The tuning ( Thanks Tim aka Total ReCal)
2) The installation (Thanks Redline Performance www.redline-fbody.com )

Nuff said.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

SO, it could have really pushed the CAM only numbers to 390 OR 360 (more on avg).

Just pointing it out, I dont care, I think it is a good number, now let's see you use that power, you want tips PM me.
Originally Posted by ShadyPhi
I do not understand why some people get thier panties in a wad over someone not posting SAE vs STD or vice versa. Honestly, who cares!!?? Not I. It's a matter of like 5-15hp.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 217 Likes on 167 Posts

I have a strong one for an LT1 with just a Hotcam, so I feel ya on people giving you a hard time. Take it to the track, and see what she does, then no one has a reason to talk crap.

Quick Reply: DYNO results are in !! I'm happy :)