LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New times for LE 383.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
so the M/T 255's do pretty good? i was thinking of getting a pair myself. what are you launching at now?

nice times!

on bone stock suspension i cut 1.52 on then salad shooters all the way around.......id say theyre decent...thats with about a half a second burnout to clean them off...btw cam only...(100 shot set at 4400, stall is 3200) easy 1.4x, dont know if theyd hold though
Old 11-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything about Ricks car is impressive but what blows me away is the fact he's still A4. JEEZUS!!!

If Shon and I can hook up I hope to get that 10.99 next spring.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Not taking anything away from Joe, got nothing against him really, other than the motor is far from an LT1 as we know it but no doubt it's very fast and respectable but my point was that one dude (dont remember his screen name) was wanting to discount Abare's car comparing it to Joe's car.

Abare's car is more LT1 than Joe's car, that is for sure. BOTH are impressive but I am more impressed with the Abare car b/c it is an LT1 H/I and A4 at that.

Not taking away from Rick Abare's car... I was just as impressed with it as I am Joe's car, but You do realize how much faster a 9.3 is than a 9.9... that aint like going from a 14.0 to a 13.4. It would prolly take that bump in compression the DFI setup solid roller and those AFR heads that Joe uses to get a 9.97 car to a 9.34
Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ABA383
Those 255 50 R16s are awesome...I'm ashamed to admit that I 60'd the same with them on 16x8 stockers then I do now with 275 50 R15s on Bogarts

--Alan
sold!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1nitrouZ
It would prolly take that bump in compression the DFI setup solid roller and those AFR heads that Joe uses to get a 9.97 car to a 9.34
The weight difference of the 2 cars would help a ton in getting them closer.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

So Rick's car running 10.0's @ 132 and 3470lbs vs. Joe's 9.50's @ 140+ and 3000lbs is close? That's about 60 HP different at the least. That's a ton of HP to make up, and 400lbs isin't going to get you there.

FWIW I've seen Ricks car run that at that weight in a sub 1000 ft DA.

Bret
Old 11-08-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

From what I have seen Joe post and he is not big on dyno numbers is that his car made 59X RWHP on motor with a Th400 and I believe a 9 inch out back. So Bret is about right with the 60 hp difference for the gentleman who stated they were a Few hp apart
Old 11-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Banned

I remember seeing how people tried to pick apart the posts on Rick's car a while back when it was only going 10.1's. Then 10.0's. Then the 9.9's, everyone still tying to find excuses of why he's running what he does while at the same time making excuses of why they cant come near that. Rick goes 9's, everyone cries bullshit.

Joe's car is damn fast, there's no doubt about that. But, people have been going 9's N/A with SBC's for years, and thats all Joe's car is now. They only LT1 stuff on the car is the block and opti. Single plane intake and a 227 are far from LT1. Joe goes 9's, everybody goes nuts.

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
So Rick's car running 10.0's @ 132 and 3470lbs vs. Joe's 9.50's @ 140+ and 3000lbs is close? That's about 60 HP different at the least. That's a ton of HP to make up, and 400lbs isin't going to get you there.

FWIW I've seen Ricks car run that at that weight in a sub 1000 ft DA.

Bret
You really cant compare the two cars, obviously. Rick's car runs a street head/intake combo that anyone can go out and buy. Its over 3400 lbs. He runs on a 9.5 inch slick and still runs a 4l60e (for crying out loud!). Rick's car has a bolt on suspension and its not minitubbed or anything. Rick's car still has a stock dash, power windows that work and a leather back seat! Try all day, but the only things you have to compare are the block and the opti. Bert, you say that if the weights were equal Rick still wouldnt run what Joe does. I definately agree. But I'd say that Rick could definately get it down to a low 9.6 at the least. But you know, if Rick were to put his car on a diet and run that 9.6, people would scream and holler "But its 3000 lbs, thats why it runs what it does!" You add nearly 500 lbs to Joe's car and it manages to only run, say a high 9.6/low 9.7 and then compare it to the 9.9 that Rick has run........well then, it much less impressive.

Originally Posted by T/A KID
From what I have seen Joe post and he is not big on dyno numbers is that his car made 59X RWHP on motor with a Th400 and I believe a 9 inch out back. So Bret is about right with the 60 hp difference for the gentleman who stated they were a Few hp apart
Rick's car is within 30 hp of Joe, ACCORDING to Joe himself.

Last edited by GreenbeanZ28; 11-09-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Hi guys it sounds good to have someone stick up for Dragbear. If there is one thing I don't want to get involved with is trying to make my car look good at the exspence of someone else. My car is what it is and I am very proud of what it runs. As far as Strocker Ace it must be like tearing your heart out to give Ai or me some credit. I met you at the Shootout I thought you were a nice guy and I laid it all out there for you to see. You talked like you were very impressed but in the back of my mind I kinda knew you would find away to turn it all around. I went to the shootout to I hoped to show that everything I said was for real. I was a little disapointed at the performance at english town but everyone was saying the mPH was slow. I also bolted on 40lbs of exaust and didn't have time to make any adjustments for it. After looking at the data logs I found the o2s where way down to low 11s and high 10s. Most of the LT1s like to run in the 13s. So say what you want but there are a lot of good people out there that work very hard for what they got not to have it put down by you!! GIVE CREDIT WERE IT IS DUE!!
Rick
Old 11-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned

Rick,

Nothing I said takes anything away from you. Giving you credit i've done more than once....

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=12

Hell I wrote more but i'll just send you a PM.

I don't see how a 10.07 consistant pass with the changes you made qualifies as bad compared to your 9.9 quicker/faster runs?

Bret
Old 11-09-2006, 04:42 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

By the time we ran the Da was 300' to by the time we quite 650'. The 1000' below was when we first arrived, around 8:30/9:00 am. Rick's nines were run in about 300' air.

My broke-assed pig had never even run in 300' (or even 650') air before, guess it still hasn't.

Also, 100 lbs is about .06 sec to my car, so 500 lbs should be about 3/10ths, right? Guys kill me trying to compare dyno numbers from different parts of the country, you would think the weather stations were correct (they are not all that great) and that either the SAE or Std weather correction software is correct, which they are not in the real world. Anybody that has actually dyno tested the same car, untouched, year 'round in all kinds of weather will tell you the same thing. My untouched (except for the PCM) '98 WS6 varies up to 30 SAE (a little less using Std) rwhp from 100 degree summer days to 15 degree winter days. Unless you had both their cars on the same dyno the same day, you don't REALLY know the power difference.

Rick doesn't even have LT4 heads & intake, both are still LT1s. Both his and Joe's cars impress me, but trying to compare them is just plain silly. They don't really have all that much in common as far as modifications. I think Halley Berry and Pam Anderson are both hot, but different.

If Rick runs a back seat, I must have missed it.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 11-09-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Hi Ed it is good to see you got a few minutes away from work.

It just makes me sad when people get sucked into buying parts for their cars on a promise of going faster. It brings back to many bad memories when I bought my first head and cam package. The guy promised me 150hp and I got 30. You people got to do your research before you buy!! Don't take their word for nothing. Ask for names of people running their stuff and go talk to them and see what they had for issues and what they would do different. Ask for numbers what they ran before and after. Talk to the dyno shops that aren't trying to sell you parts. Ed Wright has saved me a ton of money and time over the years. You won’t find a more honest person in the country. There isn't a part on my car that I didn't take the time to research. If someone is trying to sell you something and they can't give you some names of people that are running them so you can go and talk to them yourself (PUT YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET AND WALK AWAY.)

Rick
Old 11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice times, 10's are less than 2 tenths away

Quick Reply: New times for LE 383.