LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turbo LT1... figured you guys would like to see... 56K BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
Interesting you say this, as a friends 5.3/tc78 car just ran the same times as I did with my t76, I was on 7lbs, stock heads/cam, he was on 8lbs gt2-3 cam, stock heads, makes me wonder now. He is lighter with slightly smaller stall, more boost, bigger turbo, his 26" mt dr vs my 28" narrow et street, him on 16 degrees timing, myself on 14 degrees.
Your car only performed as well as it did because I sprinkled a little magic on the kit before I shipped it.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick, without a doubt you do some nice work and definately have some talent there. hopefully things work out for you soon and you get into another car. now hold onto that R1 for me . drop a line when you get around to it!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
Interesting you say this, as a friends 5.3/tc78 car just ran the same times as I did with my t76, I was on 7lbs, stock heads/cam, he was on 8lbs gt2-3 cam, stock heads, makes me wonder now. He is lighter with slightly smaller stall, more boost, bigger turbo, his 26" mt dr vs my 28" narrow et street, him on 16 degrees timing, myself on 14 degrees.
I know. Does make you wonder. Maybe the Ls1 aint all it's cracked up to be.
NA you cant really beat it bang for the buck. But from what Im seeing once you add boost, the playing field is even'd. I go back and forth on what to do with my next car. Lt1... ls1... Boost... Nitrous... Cant really decide.

Originally Posted by ThoR294
how could u sell that car for 6k
Car wasn't that "nice". Just ran good. I really really wanted a new car and
was kind of burnt out on working on the same ole polished turd. Sad thing is from the car I ended up with a R1 and a 95 Chevy truck (that got STOLEN. damnit) and never got another car.

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
What part number is that radiator with pre-welded bungs?
No Idea. Wasn't anything special. Just a griffin the right dimensions. Griffin is really reasonable with prices and will build you whatever you need with any kind of bungs where you need them

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Nick, without a doubt you do some nice work and definately have some talent there. hopefully things work out for you soon and you get into another car. now hold onto that R1 for me . drop a line when you get around to it!
Thanks man. I really do hope to find another car soon. And as for this bike, even with you just gettin all ya ducks in a row, sounds like you'll have money before anyone else will. I'll give ya a holla later.

Quick Reply: Turbo LT1... figured you guys would like to see... 56K BEWARE