??????? Transam 1995 Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:28 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ??????? Transam 1995 Coolant

HELLO

I GOT 1995 TRANSAM CONVRTBLE (AUTO-TRAN)

SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT COOLANT WATER..

THIS MORNING WHEN I DRIVE MY CAR I USE IT A BIT AGGRESSIVE when i did about 8-10 km i notice my car got a bit hot like UPPER 210 o..

i use it again and use it with agressive style, than i stopped and i see my coolant cover (which is nearer to cars right fender, not bigger one) throwing out water with bubbles...

WHAT MAY BE CAUSE OF THIS??

AND AFTER THAT I FORGET TO CLOSE TIGHT BIGGER COOLANT COVER AND ABOUT 1 KM LATER I NOTICED MY HEATER DOESNT HEAT BUT MY COOLANT LEVEL GETS UPPER 250.. THAN I SEE MY COOLANT COVER AND I THINK THERE WERE NO WATER.. I ADD A BIT THAN FULL IT AT FUEL STATION..

IS THAT MAKE MY ENGINE ANY HARM OR DAMAGE??

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH...IT IS FOREIGN 4 ME..
Old 11-26-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like your car is overheating... Temperature needle shouldn't go over half gauge... Check your fans, are they coming on and off? Bleed coolant system, it is known to overheat if it has air in the system. By the way, where are you from?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:33 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Sounds like your car is overheating... Temperature needle shouldn't go over half gauge... Check your fans, are they coming on and off? Bleed coolant system, it is known to overheat if it has air in the system. By the way, where are you from?
hi my friend
iam from TURKEY.. u? thank ya 4 ur answer

today i wonder if the coolant water overheat again..

i parked and push da gas pedal with high RPM.. after that my fan started to work about i think 240-250.. after that i noticed it reach to 260 redline and check gauges warn appeared.. when i get out mycar and see my anti freeze coolant went to the floor... i think that it is throw out from "coolant cover " which one is near da right fender not engine.. and i ask and repairman with phone and he said it was becuz of you pushing da gas pedal while PArking.. I asked any problem wtih radiator of thermostat and i think he said no... You think so?.. and i have take the air out with screw it take much time..

and another think i noticed since coolant water lower, 3 or 4 days ago while driving when i stop and the gear is at D my car sound a bit weird and a bit vibrate... Any interest with coolant water with that stuff or is it just a coincidence?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZSU

IS THAT MAKE MY ENGINE ANY HARM OR DAMAGE??
Running Hot will do great Harm to your engine! If you don't know what is causing it to run hot, take it to a qualified machanic.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

You probablly got some boil over out of the overflow tank. One thing to note is that these cars dont have the radiator exposed to the front, so they will overheat if you sit them in a garage and run them, or sometimes in traffic, especially with a stock Thermostat and stock fan turn on points. With a car that was already overheating, you should just let it warm up on its own and see if its going to overheat, dont rev the engine while its sitting. Be patient and let it warm normally, and watch to see if it starts to overheat, then shut it down before it gets dangerously hot.

In your first post it sounds like it was heating up and you ran it almost out of coolant. You need to let the car cool down and check over the coolant system. check the radiator hoses and see if you have any cracks or leaks. Check the Coolant level in the radiator (AFTER ITS COOLED DOWN), and add water if necessary. When adding water or coolant, you'll need to bleed the system to make sure there isnt any air, the screws on top of the heater hose and near the thermostat are the ones you use to bleed it.

Once you've gotten the air out of the system, and the coolant back to normal levels, check again to see if the car is overly hot while under normal driving conditions. If its hot, change the thermostat, re-bleed the system, and check again. If its still hot and not leaking coolant, then the water pump may be the problem.

Check everything under normal driving conditions. Make sure you've got the proper coolant/water ratio too.

The sound you heard could be detonation if the car was running hot, which can cause a rough idle as you described. Get your engine cooling issues under control then see if it helps your other problems. An over hot car can cause serious engine damage, so test everything slowly.

And as said above if you're unsure about it, take it to a qualified mechanic.

-Josh

Last edited by SlowGreenTA; 11-29-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Good write up slowgreen. I would go ahead a install a new thermostat if it were me. It sounds like your car has run hot a couple of time and your thermostat my be stuck closed.

You stated that your fans did not come on unitl 240-250 (guessing). You proably have a problem there. When the fans came on, Did both come on or just one. A quick way to test your fans is crank your car let it idle a little and turn on the A/C. If the fans come on than that side of the system is working correctly. As soon as I turn on my A/C mine come on low and then fluctuate to high and then back to low.

I hope you can understand my write up. This is just a thought.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SlowGreenTA

The sound you heard could be detonation if the car was running hot, which can cause a rough idle as you described. Get your engine cooling issues under control then see if it helps your other problems. An over hot car can cause serious engine damage, so test everything slowly.

-Josh

Thank you for ur replies guys!!

i think my problem is may be becuzof thermostat or raditor becuz everthing is fitting what ur saying..
firstly about 1 weeks ago when i see bubbling from some pipe of radiator i went to service and Service man connect and give coolant pressure and he see no leaking... after that i have screwed so its ok..
Today I check water add water and get rid of air until no air came from pipes.. But when i ride my car overheat again.. i heard the Fan opened but not enuogh to get low the Gauges.. throw water from overflow tank againnnnn!!..
i parked it to the garage.. And I noticed something but i am not sure is it related with these things.. MY car throw White air from exhaust?? any relation or just becuz of the weather a bit cold?

and When I shift the gear "D" the stuff knocking like and sometimes Starting my car is difficult, may be becuz of overheat runned:/ Could it be big problem or can be get rid of when replace the Thermostat or whatelse?? damnn...
I hope overheating didnt harm to my car and doesnt make BiG engine problems becuz of overheating:/
I got cold from my CAR!!
Attached Thumbnails ??????? Transam 1995 Coolant-ta-n-pro.jpg  

Last edited by ZSU; 12-01-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

White smoke from exhaust usually means blown head gasket. Which will cause your car to run hot. If that is the case, it's not cheap to fix. The heads have to come off to repair. Check around where the heads meet the block for coolant or oil leaks. By the way is the oil level in your car full? Do you have oil preasure?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought maybe a bad thermostat, but when you said white smoke, that sounds like a blown head gasket. You can pull the plugs to see if there is any coolant. Do an oil change and see if there is coolant in the oil. If so, you have a big problem.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:13 AM
ZSU
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by PunishedU
I thought maybe a bad thermostat, but when you said white smoke, that sounds like a blown head gasket. You can pull the plugs to see if there is any coolant. Do an oil change and see if there is coolant in the oil. If so, you have a big problem.
thanxx butt...
S****t!!

what a chance..

why or how could that coolant go to the engine or oil??

today my car overheat again and i have parked.. i am afraiding to go to service.. i think my car must be pull to go to service
damn.. after my transmission giving failure what a chance! i hope it is only thermostat problem!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 AM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by mack
. Check around where the heads meet the block for coolant or oil leaks. By the way is the oil level in your car full? Do you have oil preasure?
and for that case

my car leaking a bit oil to the floor when i parked about i bought.. like since 1 year i know.. becuz of gaskets.. but i added usually and i add yesterday so no low oil and if u mean by oil pressure that oil gauge yes i got oil pressure. while starting engine it is high after driving usually under 40

Last edited by ZSU; 12-02-2006 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Unhappy

LAST news :/

After 5 hour later i came back and drive my car about 3-4 miles.. everting seems normal
NOOO overheating.. heat is showing at under 210.. and i parked at home before going to car service..
after i came back and start my car than i see gauges going higher.. I stopped my car and wait a bit.. than want to start it than heard a sound like **BANG!!** and i stop pushing starter.. :/ after 10 min i want to be sure is it really doesnt want to start da engine.. and it did it again and car DIDNT START!!
i think something happened really BAD!! I am going to pull my car at monday.. i think this is da end.. or maybe start for trouble series!!!!

PS.! ı notıced today when i check the oil level, I HAVE ADDED MY ENGINE OIL A BIT "OVERFILL" yesterday... ANY RELATION OR IS IT A BAD THING??

Last edited by ZSU; 12-02-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

I would take the car to a repair man it sounds like some serious damage has been caused and its only getting worse.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Borat buys a F-body"....

Hey man, white smoke out the exhaust means your coolant/water is getting into the exhaust. The only way that happens is if your cylinder head is cracked or if you have a blown head gasket. If your unsure how to check this out for yourself, you need to seek out a knowledgable mechanic in your area. DO NOT drive the car at all till you fix the problem. An overheated engine can and will warp the heads, burn up your piston rings, and wreak havoc on your bearings and countless other parts.

Quick Reply: ??????? Transam 1995 Coolant