LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

whats it take to beat a stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossz28
First off I hate to say it bro but you don't know what your talking about LOL. Secondly, if you opened your eyes a little you'd see that people like Tony Shepard fast93Z on here are well over 400hp and guess what he races an LT1.

Btw LT1 guys are not the ricers, sorry about that bro, I have big respect for the LS1's but I have to say the most LS1 guys by my area (where I live)would be consider the ricers before us. Only that there the top dogs still so they can get away with it.

There the ones always doing the bashing because they have the newer better cars. Also all they do is throw a LID, exhaust and halos on the car and call it good. That's all I see around my area. Now that's just a fancy way of being a ricer if you ask me. And what makes them a ricer is that they bash everyone else and think there car is god. THere's nothing wrong with just doing the mods if that's all you can afford, when you open your mouth and start badmouthing everyone else then things change.

Also there are several members in my club that are well over 400 horse and guess what they drive, LT1's. The part I don't understand is that your an LT1 owner, and your bashing them, WOW!

To answer the original question, it doesn't take to much to beat a stock LS1. If you do full exhaust and a tune, you'll be right there with them, and if you know how to operate your car you'll walk them. That's all it took for me.

I never said there aren't any fast LT1's. Do a search and compare some times if you think the LS1 and LT1 are even in the same league.

The quickest BOLT-ON LS1 is quicker than the quickest CAM ONLY LT1. Show me a dyno chart of an STOCK BOTTOM END hydrolic roller LT1 coming within 50rwhp of the 500-520rwhp TFS headed LS1's out there. They aren't even in the same league. And I own an LT1 and admit this, but if you guys want to keep living in denial be my guest.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I never said there aren't any fast LT1's. Do a search and compare some times if you think the LS1 and LT1 are even in the same league.
a .3 -.7 tenths difference is "the same league".
And you asked for it, so here ya go. (again)

Stock LT1 Vs. Stock LS1

Lightly Modded LT1 Vs. Lightly Modded LS1

Heavy Modded LT1 Vs. Heavy Modded LS1

but if you guys want to keep living in denial be my guest.
No one here is living in denial. I understand and I agree with you the LS1 certainly has the edge, especially when you pit an 01-02 LS1 against a 93-94 LT1 GU2.
But the fact is, they are in the same league and you don't need 400+hp to run 11's.
Its a matter of weight, traction and tuning.
A Supercharged 383 Stroker could get 450+hp easy.

The quickest BOLT-ON LS1 is quicker than the quickest CAM ONLY LT1
First off, NOT true. (video #2)
Also, an unfair comparison.
A Cam does not help the LT1 like it does the LS1, the headflow is just spectacular on the LSx based motors.

Last edited by burnzilla; 03-25-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

The quickest BOLT-ON LS1 is quicker than the quickest CAM ONLY LT1. Show me a dyno chart of an STOCK BOTTOM END hydrolic roller LT1 coming within 50rwhp of the 500-520rwhp TFS headed LS1's out there. They aren't even in the same league. And I own an LT1 and admit this, but if you guys want to keep living in denial be my guest.
WOW your either a nutcase or you have a big chip on your shoulder, relax man, no one is in any denial. Also you say bolt ons but that's not even specific. A supercharger is considered a bolt on. So yeah you race a LS1 w/ a 9 lbs boost procharger versus a cammed only LT1 that's not even a fair comparison. What are you getting at LOL! The only way that LS1 is better is that when it rolled out of gm stock it was better engineered for gas mileage and performance versus the stock LT1. But what the hell does that have to do with anything that this thread consists of.

The guy wanted to know what it takes to beat a stock LS1. When you start modding I hate to break it to you but your precious LS1 beliefs don't apply. I've seen third gens walk all over LS1's. I beleive someone already stated that all it takes is money.

So no one here is in denial. You also mentioned a LS1 with head work done to it/ engine work, do that to the LT1, guess what buddy same results. Cause when you start spending big money it's a totally different ball game.

You really want to make a killer car. Give me a third gen and I'll make it an LS1 eater and still go home and have porterhouse steak every night for dinner lol.

So I really don't understand what your getting at. All it takes is one thing.... money.

oh btw to prove my point and incase you haven't already seen it, here's that video again.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...Le2vsRicky.flv
Old 03-25-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

LoL @ porterhouse steak.

Mooo1!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

Damn, and I thought I was the only one wantin to get frisky..
I saw a Camaro last night, a friend of mine has it. He is in the LSX section.. He has a stock internal 6.0l LQ9 out of an Escalade with the stock Heads, got a big Cam in it, 4400 Stall, and 4:30 Gears with 28" MT ET Drags, and that thing will ****** move...
Granted that might be a 6.0l(he said it was a very noticable difference over a 5.7 LS1), it still hauls serious *** for what was done to it. I love my LT1, but to do what you have to do to an LT1 to keep up with that would cost a bunch..
Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Launching!

You really want to make a killer car. Give me a third gen and I'll make it an LS1 eater and still go home and have porterhouse steak every night for dinner lol.

lol hell ya

a .3 -.7 tenths difference is "the same league".

i agree

No one here is living in denial. I understand and I agree with you the LS1 certainly has the edge, especially when you pit an 01-02 LS1 against a 93-94 LT1 GU2.
ill second that

LT14MULAWS-6 and the_merv, you two need to stop bickering back and forth. This is the second time this week. Please refrain from using profane language as well.

and again Jason i didnt start off the thread by saying "mervs gay his car sux" i again stated my honest opinion (and if i felt like scimming 5 pages back id quote it) but apparently merv didnt aprove of what i had to say, and please jason becouse i am doing my best not to swear and make pointless statements about people and thier vehicles but its really hard when this guys is sending me BS PM's like this

You are a ******* terd...your 27yr old sheltered *** needs to grow the **** up. I would love to meet your little bitch *** in real life, to see how you are.
So jason if u could see to it that merv doesnt send me any of these little BS threats of his and that he doesnt respond to any of my "opinions" whether he agrees or not.

go grab any ole ls1 for 8 or 9 grand.....ill put a lid and exhaust and maybe a dr and ill show you 12's all day lol so you can keep your 11 grand.
lol i doubt that, most 8 or 9 grand LS1s are going to be the ones that cant get out of MID 13s to save its life becouse the "kid" who owned it last beat the ever living **** out of it and now it dont run the way it used to. Whether compression is low or the valve springs are getting tired or whatever, after 90thousand kid miles and 100 trips down the track they loose thier potentcy. Atleast it opens the door for entry level LS1s, even though u wouldnt think so, there is a huge difference between LS1s for 19k and the ones for 8 or 9 kIts lik,e buying a 5k LT1.........the one for 5 grand just happens to be the one that cant break 14s. But the 11k Lt1 runs like a raped ape and everyone is quick to call "factory freak" when in all reality its jsut a stock car that hasnt been abused its whole life. Also FYI u get nothing out of a lid, i have done the swap before on one of my old Zs before i sold it for my ws6 and got nothing but lighter in the wallet. Most A4 Ls1s couldnt break the tires off the line with out doing a break torque if they tried so your Drs dont matter becouse traction is not an issue. Ya and an exhaust isnt going to give you more .2 is your luckey.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Anyways..
Look at that vid and notice how much was done to the LT1, there was about 2500+ the the Heads alone.
As far as LT1 running 13's, the previous owner of mine didn't really take that good care of it, and stock it pulled a 13.89@100. Weight might have been an issue also..stock was 3320lbs.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6
lol i doubt that, most 8 or 9 grand LS1s are going to be the ones that cant get out of MID 13s to save its life becouse the "kid" who owned it last beat the ever living **** out of it and now it dont run the way it used to. Whether compression is low or the valve springs are getting tired or whatever, after 90thousand kid miles and 100 trips down the track they loose thier potentcy. Atleast it opens the door for entry level LS1s, even though u wouldnt think so, there is a huge difference between LS1s for 19k and the ones for 8 or 9 kIts lik,e buying a 5k LT1.........the one for 5 grand just happens to be the one that cant break 14s. But the 11k Lt1 runs like a raped ape and everyone is quick to call "factory freak" when in all reality its jsut a stock car that hasnt been abused its whole life. Also FYI u get nothing out of a lid, i have done the swap before on one of my old Zs before i sold it for my ws6 and got nothing but lighter in the wallet. Most A4 Ls1s couldnt break the tires off the line with out doing a break torque if they tried so your Drs dont matter becouse traction is not an issue. Ya and an exhaust isnt going to give you more .2 is your luckey.

I cant believe your gonna sit here and tell me a lid doesnt make a difference......That has to be the most assinine thing anyone on this site has ever said. I think you need to buy yourself the old issue of GMHTP where they did the lid comparison with all lids averaging over 10hp per a dynometer. And as if that statement wasnt bad enough, you go on to tell me that an a4 ls1 cant break tires off the line with out holding the break????? Kid, what have you been smoking??? that is a better question. I have been in my buddies A4 and let me tell you if he comes close to 50% throttle while in 1st we are going sideways my friend, and that is on a nitto 555R. I have never been in any A4 ls1 that could not spin tires by simply gunning it. I dont know from what expirience you are claiming all this from, but allow me to be the first to call BULL ****!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

http://www.motorsporttech.com/press/...ay2004_02.html

There you go lt1forumla, here is the link that disproves all your logic behind lids being a waste....anything else you would like to add???
Old 03-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Launching!

no no i said it could not break the tires loose with out doing a break torque, i mean atleast in the 3 that i have had and listen to your self, a LID?? i mean your as bad as those morons claiming 10hp from a KN. lol but if you have a stock LS1 with a "lid" and an exhaust i am sorry but you arent that bad of a force to deal with bro, i mean it sounds as if u spend most of your time either on this site, nose deep in a GMHP mag or simply reading dyno charts u found online and now your a know it all, lol let me ask you.........have you ever even been to a shop with an actual chassis dyno?? well if you ever get the chance, pop your lid of, get a base line, then add your stupid little lid and relish in the 3hp you gained, and again this is coming from someone who acctually prefers the LS1, i just think the f bodies they came in didnt look the best (out side of a select few WS6's). Like dont let me give you guys the wrong imression, i am not saying the lt1 is faster, gm is inevitably the authority and they say the LS1 is faster stock for stock so let it be at that, but its no night and day difference, its not comparing 3rd gen TBI 305 to an LS1 we are comparing a car of the previous year with 20 less HP lets keep it real people............
Old 03-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Launching!

kid...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock LS1 = EASY
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry but at the track, seen LT1s running 8.9 stock and LS1 high 8.7-8.8 stock, including a shitty cobra.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
http://www.motorsporttech.com/press/...ay2004_02.html

There you go lt1forumla, here is the link that disproves all your logic behind lids being a waste....anything else you would like to add???
It's not worth the time to argue..I decided to step back and let the crap pile up. Those of us with the technical knowlegde and experience know how everything really is, so no use in trying to prove it. My **** still runs fine, that's all that matters.

I still wonder if he even owns one of these cars..
Old 03-25-2007, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6

That was my point
Old 03-25-2007, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
I think you need to buy yourself the old issue of GMHTP where they did the lid comparison with all lids averaging over 10hp per a dynometer.

DO you think that 10hp will take your car from a 13.5-13.9 to a 12.7-12.9 you are nuts
Old 03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_merv
Anyways..
Look at that vid and notice how much was done to the LT1, there was about 2500+ the the Heads alone.
As far as LT1 running 13's, the previous owner of mine didn't really take that good care of it, and stock it pulled a 13.89@100. Weight might have been an issue also..stock was 3320lbs.

I agree it's not worth arguing anymore. But one last thing to add. You said that it was more expensive to build up the LT1 when in all reality, that LS1 caost more to purchase in the first place.

It's all about preferance but they equal out about the same from a power:cost ratio. Buy and mod a LS1 for 10K or buy a 7K LT1 and spend 2-3 K to compete. And in all actaulity you'll probably have a little more cash in your pocket going with the LT1.

For someone that doesn't want to get there hands dirty dropping the motor and all then they're best off with the LS1. It's easier to create HP out of them I admit that.

But hmmmmmmm buy a 9K LS1 or buy a 7K LT1 and do 2K in mods, LOL. Where's the price difference there.

Last edited by Bossz28; 03-25-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Launching!

It's not worth the time to argue..I decided to step back and let the crap pile up. Those of us with the technical knowlegde and experience know how everything really is, so no use in trying to prove it. My **** still runs fine, that's all that matters.
hmm since u have all this technical knolwedge MERV please explain to me........whats a "stripper" z? IS that something u made up or is your car just that stripped down that u nick named it "stripper"?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

LT14MULAWS-6, I wasnt "calling out" just you. I read all of the posts and I decided not to delete anything that you wrote since there was nothing that really needed to be....so, I do appreciate your efforts

I just want you and the_merv to play nice

This topic could go on for days. So, I am going to close this thread since (more often than not) the topic usually ends up causing nothing but arguments.

Jason

Quick Reply: whats it take to beat a stock ls1