LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Feast your Eyes....My LE3 Stage 3 Heads and Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good Jeremy. I'd seriously consider going to a splayed 4 bolt main though. I ran a 175 shot on my stock bottom end and it did hold up fine, but when I went to the 396 I went with billet splayed mains. With as much power as you're going to be making on motor, plus a 300 shot on top of it, you really can't compare a stock heads/cam/200 shot combo to it. The new combo will put a LOT more stress on the bottom end. It'd be a shame to do all that work and have that part fail on you.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhhh..... lol! Never mind..... nahhh... i'll go ahead, The two bolt mains I know personally pull wheels. No offense, Advice not needed or taken.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 07-01-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Before I was running a Stage 3 head portjob on the heads from someone else+ a monster cam. i might consider going to a 4 bolt but i had my main caps drilled and tapped a whole lot deeper than stock. It will take something serious to blow the caps off. who knows...... my car was already fast as hell before, you know this from first hand experience.... i might not have to spray that much too beat chad or you..... like i told Chad, my 6 speed has lost 3 gears and can shift faster than his can. Wink, wink. I'll be in the tens with a two bolt just like my brother with little effort and probably no juice. Never ever underestimate the power of an LT1. Can i get an Amen! It would be a shame to loose to a two bolt again as well. By the way..... i am a built and stalled automatic now. Until this is over only will my 6spd go back in. Looking to buy a Strange rear end as we speak. uhhh ohhhhh.... playing your game now.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice setup man good luck!
Old 07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/740833-11-002-112mph-had-get-out-dyno-charts-inside.html Another prime example. Bone stock with over 100,000 miles. Stock maincaps with stock main bolts.+++++++

Heres a few more from the list in the Drag racing forum, I am sure there is a list somewhere of the stock bottom end guys, but I haven't looked.

FASTEST STOCK BOTTOM END LT1
"BigkevC5"(car now owned by East Coast Supercharging)
1997 Camaro Z28
350ci LT1 w/ LT1 ported heads, Cam, boltons, 150 shot
1/4: 9.75 at 139

I'm not a stock bottom end anymore...............

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 07-01-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

You spelled sponsor wrong.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
Before I was running a Stage 3 head portjob on the heads from someone else+ a monster cam. i might consider going to a 4 bolt but i had my main caps drilled and tapped a whole lot deeper than stock. It will take something serious to blow the caps off. who knows...... my car was already fast as hell before, you know this from first hand experience.... i might not have to spray that much too beat chad or you..... like i told Chad, my 6 speed has lost 3 gears and can shift faster than his can. Wink, wink. I'll be in the tens with a two bolt just like my brother with little effort and probably no juice. Never ever underestimate the power of an LT1. Can i get an Amen! It would be a shame to loose to a two bolt again as well. By the way..... i am a built and stalled automatic now. Until this is over only will my 6spd go back in. Looking to buy a Strange rear end as we speak. uhhh ohhhhh.... playing your game now.
It's your car, do as you wish with it, just offering some friendly advice so you're not doing things twice.

You're going to need all of that 300 shot to hang with the truck once I'm done with it, so keep that bottle warm.

How is saying you're going to make enough power to require billet splayed mains underestimating it's power?

Lose again? Let's not go there again.

Good call on the rear end. You'll like that a lot more at the track than a scattered 10 bolt.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not the one who needs the blower and some to beat a Low tech LT1. or a $30,000+ ride to do so. 150 shot on an Auto will take you easly. 200 shot playing with you. 250 shot is me having fun with you. 300 shot is to make you look retarded. Well.... you got that down Chad...... another example ...

lt1taracing
9 Second Club

Trader Rating: (0)
Re: Question about your times...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Are you a two bolt main still? i need to know how many LT1's are out there running as a two bolt main in theTens or the single digits. I have to prove this point.

yes, two bolt main and cast crank.

And many, many more out there.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Scotts trying to help you out and you're too dumb to realize it. You're gonna need everything you've got to run with the L. He's already drug you once, and that was on the stock eaton.

The thing about Scotts truck, as opposed to your car, is his truck has actually run the times he claims.

And really, if you wanna talk about somebody else looking retarded, spell sponsor right. I already corrected it once for you.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not the one who needs the blower and some to beat a Low tech LT1. or a $30,000+ ride to do so. 150 shot on an Auto will take you easly. 200 shot playing with you. 250 shot is me having fun with you. 300 shot is to make you look retarded. Well.... you got that down Chad...... another example ...

lt1taracing
9 Second Club

Trader Rating: (0)
Re: Question about your times...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Are you a two bolt main still? i need to know how many LT1's are out there running as a two bolt main in theTens or the single digits. I have to prove this point.

yes, two bolt main and cast crank.

And many, many more out there.
LoL@bagging on me running a blower on a 5000lb truck with a 330ci motor against a heads/cam/spray Camaro. Ok.

You have no idea what's done to the truck, or what will be done to the truck. Just bring all you got and let's have some fun.

I'm not saying you CAN'T run with the 2 bolt mains, I'm saying why go through all the trouble to do that work and not upgrade that part? For every car that's running good times with the stock mains, I'm sure there are more that have cratered their motor, walked their crank, etc. A lot of the cars that run that fast have a lot of weight reduction done as well, which will create less stress. It's your car, do what you want with it. I was just offering some advice, you can choose to use it or ignore it, but **** talking isn't gonna get you anywhere.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

Enough with the crap.... Drug me....? Listen Chad you were not there, you cannot answer to his loss at the time. So keep your mouth shut until spoken to. I wasnt even spraying and i pulled him in from 8-10 lengths down. Yeah, something got proved that night, I launched too hard and Scott left me in the dust, yeah he drug me out of the hole..... and I reeled him back in like my Lt1 intended to do. Even if we put it into Scotts prespective of him beating me in the Quarter, in which he didnt, I pulled him back in down from 10 lengths very easly crossing the quarter about the same time. And what are you talking about with the sponsor thing? Scott, no offense but i dont like either one of you. Sorry. I tried to be cool just to keep the peace and we can still have the peace but dont come up to me pretending to be my freind because both of you are two faced. Pulling up to me like I am your freind or something. Thats just the way I feel. Sorry Scott, you cannot admit the truth about my win over you even with witness's justifying my side who dont even know me. Kinda makes me wonder what else you lie about or even if you are a trustworthy person? Nothing personal but it's like that. Everything I have told the both of you about my motor, i've done it! Chad, you already know what I think about you. Your just a punk..... and i dont like your punk *** at all. Plain and simple. Nothing personal so keep your distance from me. I'll be ready for our race very soon. Bring the cash, the video camera, whatever... you better know how to shift.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 07-02-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Enough with the crap.... Drug me....? Listen Chad you were not there, you cannot answer to his loss at the time. So keep your mouth shut until spoken to. I wasnt even spraying and i pulled him in from 8-10 lengths down. Yeah, something got proved that night, I launched too hard and Scott left me in the dust, yeah he drug me out of the hole..... and I reeled him back in like my Lt1 intended to do. Even if we put it into Scotts prespective of him beating me in the Quarter, in which he didnt, I pulled him back in down from 10 lengths very easly crossing the quarter about the same time. And what are you talking about with the sponsor thing? Scott, no offense but i dont like either one of you. Sorry. I tried to be cool just to keep the peace and we can still have the peace but dont come up to me pretending to be my freind because both of you are two faced. Thats just the way i feel. Scott, sorry. you cannot admit the truth about my win over you even with witness's justifying my side who dont even know me. Nothing personal but it's like that. Chad, you already know what I think about you. Your just a punk. Plain and simple. I'll be ready for our race very soon. Hope you know how to shift and loose money.
First of all, the only people at the end of the 1/4 during our race was you and me. So I'd like to know what "witnesses" you had for this race, since there was no one there. You claimed you didn't even know where the 1/4 ended, so how can you even say you won? 10 lengths is a pretty big exaggeration. First it was a few lengths, then 5, now 10. Yeah I got you out of the hole, but it sure wasn't 10 lengths.

Stop bragging about pulling my truck on the top end. I had a stock TRUCK with a pulley and a tune against a heads/cam/spray Camaro. Of course you're going to pull on the big end. All my advantage is down low and from a dig, which is where I put enough distance on you to stay ahead through the 1/4. It's really funny that after that race you NEVER agreed to race me again. I tried racing you several times, and you always had an excuse not to race. I'm sure it had something to do with the Whipple and extra 150rwhp I was bringing to the table, that I could still make hook on the street. I don't blame you.

It's also funny that you said later that night after we raced that "I can always spray more nitrous." Yet you claimed you weren't spraying. I guess that goes along the lines of you not being able to race your "IRS equipped" Camaro with 3.43 gears. Oh yeah, we can't forget the "I don't have a boost controller for my nitrous" either.

For the record, I tried to be friendly with you, but all you wanna do is talk ****. You do talk an awful lot of **** for someone who hasn't done anything yet. "I plan on doing this" and "I plan on doing that" doesn't mean ****. Let me know when you actually DO something. I have given you ample opportunity to race. The night when you and Chad were arguing back and forth you came to find me to run, and I was ready to go right then, for money, but who backed out? I'll give you a hint: It wasn't me.

I don't give a **** if you don't like me. Stop pm'ing me on Streetfire, and shut your mouth until you're ready to run.

EDIT - Replying to your edited post.

As far as me being trustworthy, what do you care? You don't know me, don't hang out with me, so who gives a ****? I don't trust you as far as I can throw you, but it doesn't matter. I don't give a ****.

Last edited by Sinister04L; 07-02-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Teching In

Well if I can put my two cent in right quick, let me jut say congrats once again on hating on yet another forum for it being bad ***. What? Did you think jeremy was sitting in his garage looking at his car wishing for it to be faster, hahaha!!! Hell no buddy... God what the hell is your problem, well lets start with the night it all started and you raced jeremy!!! (I think you need some help with your memory, so I will remind you) It was a o k race nothing special, yes you did get jeremy out of the hole, and yes jeremy sucked you up faster than ****, and yes jeremy did beat you. You claim that nobody was there with ya'll two. Correction there was two vehicles behind you 2, a Suburu wrx sti Black(Driver: Tom), and a Evo VIII White(Driver: Chris), and guess what tom had? "A Video Camera" It will take a few seconds to find this video but I assure you its there as a quick reminder that you lost for times like these. Come on scott use that awesome memory you have and think back to that tragic nite that you lost to a 355 LT1 with your whipple or kennan bell or your stock supercharger what ever you were racing with that you, and the rest of your crew claimed to have at that point, and another thing if I do remember jeremy did challenge you again that night, and yes this time he told you he would use the bottle on you, since ya'll kept saying he had a secret hide the bottle trick blah blah blah excuse after excuse after excuse. Please im starting to get a headache. No there was no second race for you but there was a third for jeremy, a turbo civic 18 lbs of boost. Oh and lets not forget the first race another mustang that claims to be fast, and lost by jeremy having to much power with a crappy clutch hahaha. No comments on this.... So let us get the video from tom and well let you know the outcome on streetfire when we get it up and going. Next, you made a comment on several failed attempts to get a race out of jeremy, question when did you ever come over there and ask jeremy to race again, wait hmmm let me think!!! Nope can't think of one, sorry.. ohh wait yeah there was that one time that Justin called our cell phone at all hours of the night, I believe trying to set up a race for you that you supposively you never knew about, great friends huh? So, jeremy couldn't race you cuz his car was down so I of course unafraid to lose accepted this challenge, I came out, **** got stirred up from a guy whose initials start with CHAD, and you got pissed that a stock pile of **** wanted a shot at your Un-stop-able, Un-beat-able, In-vinc-ible, In-destruct-able Foooooord Lighttttttning. You said that your windshied was destroy, and we talked and everything was cool, and at this point I really dont care anymore. I have a slow Lt1 compared to my brothers this I know but I beat your times that you kept running on all those videos in recent months on the first try, im pretty sure that you have "Upgraded" some more parts to your already bad *** lightning, and yes I have done a few mods since the last run as well, and yes the 1/8th mile sucks for traction, let just say that you are an inspiration to make me go get my Le3 heads and cam and my block all done up just like my big bro. Out of all honestly brother, were not the ones digging through our competitions forums in a chevy site when yall drive fords... sorry dude thats just the nature of the beast. Let me get this one last thing straight Logan barely beats you, jeremy beats logan, as well as me.... badly, and jeremy cant beat you... hmmmm sounds fishy to me. Before posting your next comment on a chevy site, Dont!!!! Go back to your ford forums and bitch to them Ford Lightning, failed to break 10's huh and im practially there on the edge ohh wait you didn't hear that, and Im a 2 bolt main with still a stock 10 bolt rear end and 131,000 miles on it, running better times than you, still pulling wheels, and you dont see my **** scattered all over the track... Chevy Camaros sure are tough baby wooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Glad I bought one and not a ford.....
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chadtx01
You spelled sponsor wrong.

Correction that is how you spell sponsor hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Stick to what you know , Wait never mind!! Dont want you to hurt that thing you call a brain.... god I cant stop laughing........
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Do the world a favor and go play in traffic..
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThaRiddler
Correction that is how you spell sponsor hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Stick to what you know , Wait never mind!! Dont want you to hurt that thing you call a brain.... god I cant stop laughing........
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Do the world a favor and go play in traffic..
Hey moron Jr. Your brother spelled sponsor wrong in his sig you stupid piece of ****.

Its not that big of a word **********. By the way, the headache you are getting is from the pathetic attempt at grammar that you and your brother use. For being as smart as you claim to be, you put together sentences like a ******* kindergartener. Congrats.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jeremy,

I didnt have to be there the night you ran Scott, because the night that you showed up to Hobby Lobby claiming Scott called you out, you admitted that he pulled you in the quarter, and you passed him after.

That was also the night that I told you, you were a stupid piece of **** for having "stock 3.43's" and I also told you you looked ****** on your gay little fairy bike. So, you of all people should know that I'm not afraid to say anything to your face.

Its funny, for as much **** as you and your cocksucking brother talk, neither one of you ******* will say anything to anybody's face. As soon as Scott gets there, your tail is between your legs and you're trying to "keep the peace."

You're a ******* *****, both you and your brother are, and your little usi crew that don't know **** about cars. Why dont you get Andrew to explain again how a mustang with a modular 4.6 has a single cam?

I cant wait for you to get your piece of **** on the road so I can drag that *** "in the quarter...and the roll."

Any questions?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Woow sumebodie iz angre dat thei suk at lyfe, yu noe eets tyme two grrow up ther budie, its knot nise two kall peple dat en furoms dat ar mint fur kars knot fow lengwage. Dis iz ey gewd furom sow kut da lengwage pleaz n wonc agin goe pley en twafic, ey neva gradiated hi skool sow ar yu guna mayk fune uv mi fur knot bein ayble tu spel? Goe bak tu ur LS1 furom pu-pu hed....

Ohh and one more thing you act like I actually care if you can beat my car, wait ohh god what am I to do he beat me ohh no I should go shoot myself now that the allpowerful almighty chad has beatin me, I now have no reason to live anymore ohhhhh I never wanted it to end like this
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Have a great day,
Shawn out

Last edited by ThaRiddler; 07-02-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThaRiddler
Well if I can put my two cent in right quick, let me jut say congrats once again on hating on yet another forum for it being bad ***. What? Did you think jeremy was sitting in his garage looking at his car wishing for it to be faster, hahaha!!! Hell no buddy... God what the hell is your problem, well lets start with the night it all started and you raced jeremy!!! (I think you need some help with your memory, so I will remind you) It was a o k race nothing special, yes you did get jeremy out of the hole, and yes jeremy sucked you up faster than ****, and yes jeremy did beat you. You claim that nobody was there with ya'll two. Correction there was two vehicles behind you 2, a Suburu wrx sti Black(Driver: Tom), and a Evo VIII White(Driver: Chris), and guess what tom had? "A Video Camera" It will take a few seconds to find this video but I assure you its there as a quick reminder that you lost for times like these. Come on scott use that awesome memory you have and think back to that tragic nite that you lost to a 355 LT1 with your whipple or kennan bell or your stock supercharger what ever you were racing with that you, and the rest of your crew claimed to have at that point, and another thing if I do remember jeremy did challenge you again that night, and yes this time he told you he would use the bottle on you, since ya'll kept saying he had a secret hide the bottle trick blah blah blah excuse after excuse after excuse. Please im starting to get a headache. No there was no second race for you but there was a third for jeremy, a turbo civic 18 lbs of boost. Oh and lets not forget the first race another mustang that claims to be fast, and lost by jeremy having to much power with a crappy clutch hahaha. No comments on this.... So let us get the video from tom and well let you know the outcome on streetfire when we get it up and going. Next, you made a comment on several failed attempts to get a race out of jeremy, question when did you ever come over there and ask jeremy to race again, wait hmmm let me think!!! Nope can't think of one, sorry.. ohh wait yeah there was that one time that Justin called our cell phone at all hours of the night, I believe trying to set up a race for you that you supposively you never knew about, great friends huh? So, jeremy couldn't race you cuz his car was down so I of course unafraid to lose accepted this challenge, I came out, **** got stirred up from a guy whose initials start with CHAD, and you got pissed that a stock pile of **** wanted a shot at your Un-stop-able, Un-beat-able, In-vinc-ible, In-destruct-able Foooooord Lighttttttning. You said that your windshied was destroy, and we talked and everything was cool, and at this point I really dont care anymore. I have a slow Lt1 compared to my brothers this I know but I beat your times that you kept running on all those videos in recent months on the first try, im pretty sure that you have "Upgraded" some more parts to your already bad *** lightning, and yes I have done a few mods since the last run as well, and yes the 1/8th mile sucks for traction, let just say that you are an inspiration to make me go get my Le3 heads and cam and my block all done up just like my big bro. Out of all honestly brother, were not the ones digging through our competitions forums in a chevy site when yall drive fords... sorry dude thats just the nature of the beast. Let me get this one last thing straight Logan barely beats you, jeremy beats logan, as well as me.... badly, and jeremy cant beat you... hmmmm sounds fishy to me. Before posting your next comment on a chevy site, Dont!!!! Go back to your ford forums and bitch to them Ford Lightning, failed to break 10's huh and im practially there on the edge ohh wait you didn't hear that, and Im a 2 bolt main with still a stock 10 bolt rear end and 131,000 miles on it, running better times than you, still pulling wheels, and you dont see my **** scattered all over the track... Chevy Camaros sure are tough baby wooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Glad I bought one and not a ford.....
Let's get something perfectly straight. The only reason I'm on this thread is because Jeremy sent me a link to it, showing me the pictures of his new motor. After I complimented him, I offered him the advice up upgrading the main caps. Immediately he starts talking ****, starts bringing up our race, etc etc. What did that have to do with anything? Was I talking ****? No. Was he? Yes.

I never said there wasn't anyone out there at our race that night, I know there was people behind us. I said there was no one at the finish line. He admitted not being ahead at the end of the 1/4 that night, and times after that as well, but the story soon changed. Just like the 3, 5, 10 lengths I got him out of the hole.

Yes, there were several failed attempts for a 2nd race. The night we ran I was on the stock Eaton. After arguing back and forth, he said "Well all I have to do is spray more nitrous and I'll be faster." To which I responded, "That's fine, I'll have my Whipple in by next weekend." After that weekend I tried several times to run him. The excuses varied from "No, I've been racing too much, I need to give it a break" to "I don't have a boost controller for my nitrous." Scared? You be the judge.

Here's a good question for ya. What times was he running at that time with just heads/cam off the bottle? His average 1/4 times.

As for Logan, the only times he has beaten me have been from a roll when I was on my low boost, 8* street tune. He hasn't run me from a dig yet, or when I've had my truck turned up.

You keep saying that you run faster times than me, but you're wrong. I'll go ahead and tell you what my previous best is: 7.00@99 with a 1.51 60ft. That's on a mild setup. I have about 7 more pounds of boost and 10* more timing to add to the mix. I should be able to knock down 6.60's, low 6.70's with it turned up on race gas. But wait, that's on the old setup. After this new combo that'll be old news. Go ahead and knock a few more tenths off that as well. Now you have some actual numbers to inspire you.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sinister04L

You keep saying that you run faster times than me, but you're wrong. I'll go ahead and tell you what my previous best is: 7.00@99 with a 1.51 60ft. That's on a mild setup. I have about 7 more pounds of boost and 10* more timing to add to the mix. I should be able to knock down 6.60's, low 6.70's with it turned up on race gas. But wait, that's on the old setup. After this new combo that'll be old news. Go ahead and knock a few more tenths off that as well. Now you have some actual numbers to inspire you.

Well be this the case why waste your time bullshiting with all this **** talk about ohh my truck is so much faster than this just let me boost up my truck blah blah blah if your tryin to prove something to me its not workin,if it was me and I wanted to force times in peoples faces I would have went ***** to the wall with as much power as I could to run the best time!!! Dont that seem alittle more logical to you??? Now I have no beef with you and I really understand if you dont care for me but honeslty I am the point of I really really really dont care!!! Keep the truck tight and stay cool but keep your bitch on a leash.

Quick Reply: Feast your Eyes....My LE3 Stage 3 Heads and Intake