LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

National LTX Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my license and my car is certified so I am ready. I have a few more bugs to work out as well but I have time for that.

Would you guys want exhibition runs or have actual classes to run it?

Is October too early?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
I just got my license and my car is certified so I am ready. I have a few more bugs to work out as well but I have time for that.

Is October too early?

PLEASE not the first of Oct, we have one of THE best cruise events down here the first week in Oct. I will be there for that.

But you know, the cooler it is the better the cars run, and it is SOOOOO much nicer to be at the track in cool weather, hell we could camp out if it is in the 50's or so...man how nice would THAT be?

David
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is October too early?
I would think classes would have more of a draw since there will be competition.. Unlike a large test and tune session with a bunch of us, that an exhibition event would be like...

Oct might be a little ealy for some, but then again I thik this still depends on where it is, most searies around here still have races going in Oct. I'm OK with Oct as long as it doesn't interfere with a few other races I need to travel to in that month...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
I would think classes would have more of a draw since there will be competition.. Unlike a large test and tune session with a bunch of us, that an exhibition event would be like...

Oct might be a little ealy for some, but then again I thik this still depends on where it is, most searies around here still have races going in Oct. I'm OK with Oct as long as it doesn't interfere with a few other races I need to travel to in that month...

Because what I said in an earlier post, the LTX cars have not been involve in "class racing" for a few years now. I think this will run cars off, who is gonna tow 1xxx miles just to show up and be non competitive? Not me I can tell you that. I gotta 3700lb normally aspirated street car on radials.

Personally I would rather see a LTX "gathering" WIth track runs. No one has built a "class" LTX car in years, except for NHRA Stock eliminator type cars.

So how you gonna break up classes?

I think we should have an LTX weekend, Vendors who support our cars etc, Car SHow etc, Kinda like a Super CHevy kinda deal, Hell have it every year at Bowling green, like the Vette guys do, just thinking out loud here.

David
Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Because what I said in an earlier post, the LTX cars have not been involve in "class racing" for a few years now. I think this will run cars off, who is gonna tow 1xxx miles just to show up and be non competitive? Not me I can tell you that. I gotta 3700lb normally aspirated street car on radials.

Personally I would rather see a LTX "gathering" WIth track runs. No one has built a "class" LTX car in years, except for NHRA Stock eliminator type cars.

So how you gonna break up classes?

I think we should have an LTX weekend, Vendors who support our cars etc, Car SHow etc, just thinking out loud here.

David
It could be just as easy as a few different bracket or index classes, and some heads up things broken into different catagories, like stock/bolt-on, H/C, power adder, and outlaw.

This is how a lot of events are that bridge many different types of setups... Classes don't have to be all heads up and see where you fit it, this is the beauty of either index or brackets. And obviously if we should try to please everyon then there should be test and tune, as well as car show for those more interested in show then go.

Just a thought...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree..some kind of combination race may be what is needed that way it gives the guys who fall in the cracks somewhere to race and be competitive. And a show and shine would be great for the spit and polish guys. I also think we should do this in one event. Split it up and your going to split up your potential turnout. What we have got to fight is the mindset that "I can't win the class that I fit in because "racerX" is bringing his car..so I'm not going". From what I've seen this is the killer of all the f-body stuff that has tried to take off. Everyone needs to realize that you will be running in the same conditions..same track..same day. No more of this posting best times in Neg. DA altitude with a car so stripped you wouldn't dare take a picture of it so people could see. No more internet heros..it would be time to put it all on the line for all to see what you got against others in our sport. Personally..I'm sure I will fall in a class that will have me outgunned because my setup is an extreme built small cube car. This usually puts me in classes with people that have way more cubes/motor and more cubic dollers that I do.... but I will show and run the guts out of the car. I just want to race...heads up..win or loose. And I don't want to have to put my cars title on the line to do it.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt1fbody355
Why not have it in Memphis just like the ls1 race. Its a nice central location.. I live in jax, FL and there's now way I'm driving to Texass...

most of the fast cars are in the southeast anyways, with a few exceptions from cali, but they got money so they can drive their happy asses out here..

or Gainsville thats a nice *** track. If we want to go cheap it could be held in steele, AL

just my .02's
It's only about an hour longer to from Jax to H-Town than Memphis...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is October too early?
I think if you had classes and test and tune it would draw more of a crowd. My wife and I are having our 2nd baby the first week of October, so the middle of the month would work out great for me in Bowling Green
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I agree..some kind of combination race may be what is needed that way it gives the guys who fall in the cracks somewhere to race and be competitive. And a show and shine would be great for the spit and polish guys. I also think we should do this in one event. Split it up and your going to split up your potential turnout. What we have got to fight is the mindset that "I can't win the class that I fit in because "racerX" is bringing his car..so I'm not going". From what I've seen this is the killer of all the f-body stuff that has tried to take off. Everyone needs to realize that you will be running in the same conditions..same track..same day. No more of this posting best times in Neg. DA altitude with a car so stripped you wouldn't dare take a picture of it so people could see. No more internet heros..it would be time to put it all on the line for all to see what you got against others in our sport. Personally..I'm sure I will fall in a class that will have me outgunned because my setup is an extreme built small cube car. This usually puts me in classes with people that have way more cubes/motor and more cubic dollers that I do.... but I will show and run the guts out of the car. I just want to race...heads up..win or loose. And I don't want to have to put my cars title on the line to do it.
Aman Brother!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

1. Late October would be ideal. Depending on track location the weather should still be nice but comfortably cool and it would give 2 solid months for everyone to get there **** together.

2. IMHO there has to be some sort of "class" racing. I would be turned off at towing 1xxx+ miles for a test and tune. It doesn't have to be ridiculous just some basic breakdowns like maybe Street, DOT, Outlaw and Manual Transmission. They could be heads up, bracket, index or a combination.

Index is nice because people can pick what there car runs close to but not have to be dead nuts on like a dial-in and it has more of a heads up feel to it within each index. If enough cars commit you could have 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11 sec etc.. that way there would be small groups of heads up racing going on in each class plus it gives an owner the choice of stepping up to make a faster index or slowing down if he/she is in the middle.

There are many ways to do it and there wouldn't necessarily have to be a payout or even a trophy. It's just nice to have some actual competition to be in.

Just my opinions of course. I hope they are helpful.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would run Heads up. There are at least 20 cars faster then mine but I would do it to fill the class.

Problem is the same as usual. your guys I dea of central is any where on the East coast ..or Texas. SOOO a 1,600+ Mile tow for us and at least a week off work...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

late october would suck for me. The wife has already booked us on a cruise..damn women...always wanting to go on vacations that don't include car stuff I guess that is another reason I couldn't be there besides a broke car....if I was out in the middle of the damn ocean.

P.S...I guess I need to get to work on my car..lol.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 AM
I ruin the end of films...

St. Louis might be a good idea.
Gateway is insanely expensive. You could rent KCIR for a quarter of the price and it's still a nice facility. Beech Bend and Memphis would be good alternatives too.

If I get mine back up, I'd be in and I know another car (black '93 Z that placed third at Thunder Shootout a few years back going low 10s on motor) that'd probably be in. He's been pretty competitive in 275 radial lately and I'm looking to run 275 or possibly 10.5 stuff.

If you make classes, just don't make the mistake of making too many. Outlaw, 275 drag radial, NA and some index classes would do.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm game depending on the location of the event and I would have to get my hands on some slicks.

I'm in San Antonio Tx.

Edit: I do like the idea of having smaller seperate Ltx shootouts sometime though, a Texas one would be badass.

Last edited by lt197formula; 08-02-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I will be there....

Temple Texas

for the first one we need to keep it as simple as possible

Classes
Built Motor (NA and Power Adder divisions)
Stock Cubic Inches (NA and Power adder)
Stock internal (NA and Power adder)

Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

if there is one in TX i will be there.

im in okc.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

i will go where ever its at
Old 08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

if it's somewhere near CA I might go, no promises though.

i just dont want to tow my car halfway across the states.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I could probably attend if it's somewhere in the south/central US.

I'm in Atlanta.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
I will be there....

Temple Texas

for the first one we need to keep it as simple as possible

Classes
Built Motor (NA and Power Adder divisions)
Stock Cubic Inches (NA and Power adder)
Stock internal (NA and Power adder)
Ray If I am driving to Texas Someone is sponsoring my Juice

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 08-02-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: National LTX Shootout