LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX Shootout Classes Have Been Posted

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

GREAT JOB with the rules! Dont change anything. MY only suggestion would be everyone runs on a .400 pro tree in heads up classes.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSANDTA
The rules are firm but also subject to change if legit ideas/comments are forwarded to the organizers, they will be considered. Keep in mind we need to get the first event under our belts then future events can be adjusted based on what we learn.

Don't worry I will be running outlaw I'm going to have fun not to win a class.
Haha, I wasn't saying you would do it but you could. I understand the first time issues. Maybe next time (after we all see how things fall) the rules would be changed a bit.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:17 PM
hashtagBMW

Everything looks MINT!

Ima try to round up my half of the sponsor's now.

Tony.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Great job on the rules/classes. Something for everyone there.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah we did go back and forth on class rules but tried to get something for everyone and have classes that represent not only the cutting edge of LTx engines and how far you can take them, but also classes where you will see cars from your neighborhoods that cruise the streets looking for victims... I myself am going more for the camraderie of hanging out wiht hundreds of people just like me that decided not to sell out and get an LS1 when the LT1 has huge potential just like it is.... I guarantee that Heads up PA and Outlaw will have alot of wheels up action.... So we hope everyone is happy with the classes cause we wanted a good spread of the LTx community to be able to be there and compete....

I'm flying my engine guys out there most likely and they will meet me when i drive in on thursday or friday....
Old 10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

No lexan in OUTLAW?

Come on it's only my back hatch... So i'll have to bracket race my 8-9 sec. LT

And while we're here...AFR did make RR heads back in the day, so mine will be legal to compete right? As will anyone else that buys AFR RR heads now and has them convertered?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Class descriptions look pretty good. Looks like heads-up P/A is for me. Gotta weigh my car, hope I didnt take too much weight out.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
9 Second Club

I was going to ask the same question to tony about back glass lexan.....

convertible cars COME with a plastic back window so it's still street legal for lexan rear i believe.... I think the rule was meant to prevent the sides and windshield from being lexan...
Old 10-12-2007, 03:39 PM
8 Second Club

I think we can allow Lexan back windows in Outlaw. Just not Lexan windshields and side windows.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
I think we can allow Lexan back windows in Outlaw. Just not Lexan windshields and side windows.
Cool, thanks! I anticipate being there.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Classes look good....Heads up Power Adder for me.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks tony for the quick reply. I kinda knew what you meant by the rule but just wanted to make sure with you first before I answered him...

Check my other post tony, took my motor home wednesday night.... still messing with the bogarts and the 325's.... they are enormous.... and i gotta grind a bunch on the pass side.... I did the drivers side last night...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

Hell I just checked out the classes and I found out I can't run the power adder class. I know I won't be able to hang with the outlaw class. I'm not going to change directions on the build now, to bad about the "No converted SBC heads".

I guess I can still run the bracket classes but then again I'm going to have a transbrake. What if I just footbrake it?

Do you know if you call brodix and tell them you want some heads for a lt1 they will make the changes in the casting and not just weld up the heads? How is that different then AFR heads?

Thanks Mike
Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
9 Second Club

I think what Tony and the rest of the organizers myself included wanted to bring about with the no converted head rules was to have pretty much everybody on a level playing field. Someone with ALOT of money could have a set of 18 degree converted All Pro heads flowing 370cfm and pounding on someone with 23 degree heads from AFR that are available for our engine type with no modifications.

Although it sucks because your car doesn't seem to be in that category and you just wanted brodix heads unfortunately even though the rule wasn't written to cast you out of a specific class we can't change the rules to allow one person in because it will open the door for ALOT of people sneaking in under the "grey area" in the rules....

The intention of the rule was for it to be ANY available head for our engine sold and advertised by a vendor/company as for an LT1/4 engine... So Trick Flow, Edelbrock, AFR, TEA, Lloyd Elliot, AFR 215 RR's, LT4 variants from several companies would qualify.... What was the reason you modded Brodix and didn't just go with an AFR 227 or 215RR???? Was it cost????
Old 10-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

At first I saw 23* being said and I understood the reason of 23* versous 18*. Mine are still 23*.

I went with the brodix heads for cost. I found a deal I couldn't say no to and I wanted a head that would allow me a chance to try a couple intakes without having to modify them. Even though my current intake is getting welded up now.

Last edited by jakesz28; 10-12-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
hashtagBMW

I posted a sticky with the website, no one will look.

But its a peice of mind

Tony.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

I still wish the power adder class would allow all 23* heads. With what I'm putting together I won't be able to run more then a 9.5 on the 250 shot.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:01 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a question that may come up...

Are we going to classify water/methanol injection as a power adder? Personally I don't think it should be, but some race series' say no Methanol.

I'm asking because I use it as an intercooler... I'm running non-intercooled blower setup with water/methanol (50/50 mix) injection.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr

Are we going to classify water/methanol injection as a power adder? Personally I don't think it should be, but some race series' say no Methanol.

I'm asking because I use it as an intercooler... I'm running non-intercooled blower setup with water/methanol (50/50 mix) injection.
Me either

we also have a quesion about intakes in extreame street. It says stock intakes. How modified can they be? Just about everyone will berunning a ported intake. All our intakes are built on stock LTx castings but heavily modified.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr

alky injection is not a power adder most classes don't allow it because of very specific fuel requirments or complete ignorance.

Quick Reply: LTX Shootout Classes Have Been Posted