LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Grounding Kit = 9HP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonp31
Its not bullshit. It has been documented using a dyno that upgrading the "Big 3" wires can and will gain horsepower and torque.
So in order for it to be a good test on the dyno you are telling me that they did a dyno pull, then re wired the car and dyno-ed it again and proved a 1-5 horsepower gain on the same day with the same DA, temp, barometric pressure, and humidity ? I don't care what anybody says, you can do 2 back to back dyno pulls and have a varience of 3 to 5 horsepower due to all of the varibles.

I would think that car engineers have thought about this issue.

Unless you have a bad ground or a wiring problem you people are wasting your time.

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
It seems to be a BIG import mod, to do thicker grounding straps.
That explains it all !!

Originally Posted by moserman
people claim that stuff as a sales approach, you would be amazed at what companies are allowed to get away with saying about their own product.
I agree.
I say if your stupid engough to believe some of the bullshit sales pitches, you deserve to get ripped off.

Hey mabey you guys should go buy that intake tornado thing, the inline fuel atomizer or whatever the **** that thing is, and fill your engine up with Duralube or Prolong, drain the the oil out, pull the valve covers, run the engine and dump rocks and concrete on to you cylinder head and see if you see a gain on the dyno.

More proof money cannot buy brains.

Last edited by LilSlo1; 10-18-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever heard of or seen someone use an aftermarket wiring kit for a fuel pump? These kits, which can also be just rewired yourself, increase the gauge of wire for the power and ground.
Yes but it's not the gauge of wire that increases the voltage, it's the fact that you wire the fuel pump straight to the alternator!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dhdenney
Yes but it's not the gauge of wire that increases the voltage, it's the fact that you wire the fuel pump straight to the alternator!
Thats understandable. By doing that you will raise the voltage from 12-13 volts (depending on voltage drop) to hopefully 14 volts directly from the alternator (once again depending on voltage drop).
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

i wasnt saying its true but my friend has a 350z and he told me that if you hook the ground wires to area of the motor you gain power and that it was dyno proven to work and you dont even have to buy a kit there is something writen up about where to put the wires at??? idk whatever maybe it works maybe its bs i was just wondering if it could work on the lt1 cars but you guys seem to think its dumb haha
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

tell your friend in his 350 z to make sure and stick with nissan products because he wouldnt survive in an LT1 world. maybe because we know what we are talking about and he is stuck in the "fast and the furious" import scene still.

There is no replacement for displacement!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

i bet you guys didnt know that if you add 1 quart of sand to your crankcase that you will see a gain of 10hp. it was scientifically proven.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XX11SECZXX
i bet you guys didnt know that if you add 1 quart of sand to your crankcase that you will see a gain of 10hp. it was scientifically proven.
It's also proven that if you lock up your inefficient torque converter, that you will gain .5 second in the 1/4. That being said, an efficient converter doesn't need lockup.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

lol this may be true in ur case.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dhdenney
It's also proven that if you lock up your inefficient torque converter, that you will gain .5 second in the 1/4. That being said, an efficient converter doesn't need lockup.
and i also never said .5 sec. i said 2-3 tenths. its weird that i run now at 90 degrees out side the same that i ran last year in the 50 degree weather. havent made a back to back run yet. when i do i will post the slips.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its not bullshit. It has been documented using a dyno that upgrading the "Big 3" wires can and will gain horsepower and torque. Think about it. Where does your ignition come from? Has to have juice somewhere. If the battery, alternator, and grounds are all hooked up using small gauge wire, then upgrading to larger gauge will help current flow and efficiency. Some cars may not see a difference, some will. I will for sure be upgrading all my power and ground wires on my 95 Formula, as the wires they use from the factory are pretty small, gauge wise. Every little bit helps. On cars thet have a very hot ignition system, multiple coils, etc, this upgrade can make a difference for sure.
word.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me explain it this way, see if you guys may get off the bandwagon long enough to make an intelligent conversation out of this instead of chalking it up as the next tornado. Ever heard of or seen someone use an aftermarket wiring kit for a fuel pump? These kits, which can also be just rewired yourself, increase the gauge of wire for the power and ground. Why do that? Surely the awesome GM electrical system can feed the pump enough juice right? Wrong. When you install one of these kits, the headroom of fuel pressure rises significantly. Still think the Big 3 is a dumb idea? What about saying that every little bit helps? Like the airfoil mod. What a joke right? Does very little. Hey, but it does something right? Why not toss it on?
I really appreciate you "cluing me in". You know, not that you would know I specialize in electrical/electronic systems diagnostics.
You seem to be confusing fuel starvation for voltage or amperage starvation. Yes, running the fuel pump right off the alternator will gain you additional fuel pressure, IF YOUR ENGINE IS BIG ENOUGH TO REQUIRE IT.
Just slappin bigger diameter wires on it, including "the big 3" aint gonna amout to a hill of beans.
Even running the fuel pump off the alternator wont do **** if the engine isnt dropping pressure up top. It will make ZERO hp gains.
Thats like saying bigger injectors will make more power because they can spray more fuel. If the engine doesnt require it, it will make no difference.
But thanks for talkin to me like I dont know what i'm talkin about. Care to clue me in on anything else?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrawlinRS
WOW, the bullshit people come up with these days just to make a quick buck.
+123456789
Old 10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

lawl at page 4
Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.350zfrenzy.com/forum/arch...hp/t-4610.html

theres the link they claim to get better idle and smoother motor performance but not much of a gain in hp 1-5 hp max?

anyways what are other small ways of making power?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Launching!

sounds just as cool as the "tornado" air intake mod!!
sign me up!!! lmfao!

"Provides higher torque in both low and medium power bands, faster throttle response, stabilize engine at high RPM, gain instant 5-8 Horse Power."

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh......
Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Damn who know. I upgraded my big three awhile ago. My cables are massive. It must be like 30rwhp How the hell do you even install that thing in the ebay AD?

BTW I upgraded my stock wires because they were undersized and garbage. I wanted to ensure max voltage and the best ground Plus they look good

Old 10-18-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Formula350
lol He actually would if he used all Royale Purple!
Forgot to reply on this one earlier..... RP is marketing too. A group III oil, in their LT1 test, note they also cleaned the injectors and replaced the air filter. With variance on back to back dyno runs anyway, I question as to whether the gains came from the maintenance of the injectors and air filter or the oil. Note they also did not tell what the previous oil was.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I really appreciate you "cluing me in". You know, not that you would know I specialize in electrical/electronic systems diagnostics.
You seem to be confusing fuel starvation for voltage or amperage starvation. Yes, running the fuel pump right off the alternator will gain you additional fuel pressure, IF YOUR ENGINE IS BIG ENOUGH TO REQUIRE IT.
Just slappin bigger diameter wires on it, including "the big 3" aint gonna amout to a hill of beans.
Even running the fuel pump off the alternator wont do **** if the engine isnt dropping pressure up top. It will make ZERO hp gains.
Thats like saying bigger injectors will make more power because they can spray more fuel. If the engine doesnt require it, it will make no difference.
But thanks for talkin to me like I dont know what i'm talkin about. Care to clue me in on anything else?

If you want to get mad and measure your e-*****, be my guest. I never stated anywhere that rewiring the fuel pump gains more horsepower. Hence my "headroom" comment. Also, from your previous comment, you thought I was talking about only replacing the ground. That's why I made the comment about the "big 3". So that's twice now you have misread my post and then tried to teach me about your "specializations" and fuel pressure.

Just once more, i'll say this. This won't help all cars. Stock f-body, will it help? Horsepower wise, nah, probably wouldn't be enough to notice. Electrically? Sure it will. Guarantee you are sitting around 13.5 or so on the voltage scale, and if you replace the 3 main wires in the engine bay, you will be at 14.0 or higher. Makes a difference if you run anything extra electrically, also stops your lights from dimming at a stoplight with your foot on the break.

But what do I know, I just work in the IT field and specialize in mechanics.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to get mad and measure your e-*****, be my guest. I never stated anywhere that rewiring the fuel pump gains more horsepower. Hence my "headroom" comment. Also, from your previous comment, you thought I was talking about only replacing the ground. That's why I made the comment about the "big 3". So that's twice now you have misread my post and then tried to teach me about your "specializations" and fuel pressure.

Just once more, i'll say this. This won't help all cars. Stock f-body, will it help? Horsepower wise, nah, probably wouldn't be enough to notice. Electrically? Sure it will. Guarantee you are sitting around 13.5 or so on the voltage scale, and if you replace the 3 main wires in the engine bay, you will be at 14.0 or higher. Makes a difference if you run anything extra electrically, also stops your lights from dimming at a stoplight with your foot on the break.

But what do I know, I just work in the IT field and specialize in mechanics.
Whos gettin mad? I think its funny that there are people like you around to keep companies like this in business.
Now, if you woulda come on here saying "I'm gonna replace my 'big 3' so my lights will be brighter", then I wouldnt have anything to pick on you about.
But you didnt. You came on here and stated that its "dyno proven" that changing out your "big 3" will increase HP. Thats just silly.
And as far as my e-***** goes, I'm not the one that came off sounding like I was trying to school someone. You were.
I'm not an IT guy. I'm a car guy. I run a dyno everyday. I solve electrical problems on cars, everyday. Does that make my e-***** bigger? Maybe, if you have e-***** envy.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well we did it on my buddies tC and it helped with throttle response but that about it.

Quick Reply: Grounding Kit = 9HP?