LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MARIO is not going to the shootout

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

You can upload to http://picsorban.com no reg required.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh i already set him up a account on photobucket
Old 12-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by infinitebird
You can upload to http://picsorban.com no reg required.
trans am guy set it up for me.. thanks for offer.. i will upload the pics tomorrow i have of the car..well of the shell lol..
Old 12-26-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

No pics of the motor? Ahh, come on Mario, impress us, PLEASE. I'm not affraid to admit it here, I had to put my boots on, it's getting really really deep.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
No pics of the motor? Ahh, come on Mario, impress us, PLEASE. If not affraid to admit here, I had to put my boots on, it's getting really really deep.

**** no ,, there wont be pics of motor,, however i can take a pic with me flipping you off or a pic of my sn, so no one will think its pics i found somewhere, or if someone has a special request i can do that too .. no one will see the motor.. hood stays shut,, the only one will see it is the only who checks it to see thats its a real lt1 ...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have stock style suspension but every class i would be able to enter requires all stock interior. So eaither way im screwed out of it also. BUT ill deff. be goin to watch all the madness!!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

Mario its not like the Aftermarket has been all that great to our cars .. we will all be running the same parts on the outside ..it'll actually be whats inside that counts especially on a nitrous engine --obviously there wont be anyway for you to show off your secrets that way
Old 12-26-2007, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
I have stock style suspension but every class i would be able to enter requires all stock interior. So eaither way im screwed out of it also. BUT ill deff. be goin to watch all the madness!!
What are you gutted or something ? the car in the sig looks to have interior
Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mario89
**** no ,, there wont be pics of motor,, however i can take a pic with me flipping you off or a pic of my sn, so no one will think its pics i found somewhere, or if someone has a special request i can do that too .. no one will see the motor.. hood stays shut,, the only one will see it is the only who checks it to see thats its a real lt1 ...
That's just f'in unbelieveable, even for you. Like you have some big secret to hide. I guess your pushing the envelope on the lastest, greatest technology. Why the hell aren't you a sponsor? With all you have to offer, and with your forward thinking, you could make a killing here. But with your set-up, asking for lenghts and the hit, it just might take a while before it starts to take off. But in the end, if nothing else, we'll all be wannabe record setters. Sounds good to me.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I guess your pushing the envelope on the lastest, greatest technology.
I'm tellin ya man, those carbs are the way of the future
Old 12-26-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

Eventually all the new cars will have them .. duuuh
Old 12-26-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I'm tellin ya man, those carbs are the way of the future
Yeah baby. MAARRRRIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOO, go get em!
Go to one of the best tracks in the US, with your secret weapon, swear the tech guys to secrecy, and blaze a new trail for all of us to follow or envy.

Last edited by Z-RATED94; 12-26-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man...
Old 12-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Staging Lane

Mario I still use the stock intake and stock computer, hell I still have stock valve covers will you race me? I have a couple bucks to wager bring your carbed turd on down.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Transamman25
Mario its not like the Aftermarket has been all that great to our cars .. we will all be running the same parts on the outside ..it'll actually be whats inside that counts especially on a nitrous engine --obviously there wont be anyway for you to show off your secrets that way
maybe hes' running a dart block & sbc heads & desn't want anyone to spot it. I can't think of any other reason he doesn't want anyone to see the exact same thing everyone else is running on their motors.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

9.40's and you still needed 10 lengths from a V6..

I've seen NA LT1's run high 9's, I have no doubt that your LT1 is not the best put together ever. Stock (LT4) block too!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gone 1.47 60fts on stock suspension and an 8" slick with 340 hp and the same junk Comp Engineering shocks you speak of Mario. There are quite a few f-bodies in the 8s and a few in the high 7s on stock suspension. It sounds like you are putting all of your time into your motor setup and not doing anything with the suspension. (like 98% of the people on this site, and then complain that their heads & cam LS1s can't get out of the 12s) Going to a 4-link is a crutch. If you can't hook the car on stock suspension and break the record that way, you have no business even talking about the record on a "tech" website. This isn't Chitown Racing. Keep all of that mindless talk and your ******* bullshit on that site with all of the other losers who cry about their cars being slow.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:16 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9sec93
mario, you can run aftermarket suspension as long as it is still a torque arm style suspension. no 4-link, ladder bar type cars.

question for anyone who knows the rules, do they allow you to move the lca's inward or does everything have to be stock location too? not that i will have anything ready by that time, just wondering?
As far as I know you can get the Madman ones that move it inward but still bolt in the same location. Those are fine. Why did you go 4-link?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

mario,

actually you are the idiot, and if you are going to call me names at least do it properly.

we went off of rules that have been used at variouslate model f body events, yet tried to keep it somewhat flexible for a decent car count.

no wheelie bars hear, you'll never see a set on my car. automatic cars I think need them more than 6 speed cars, but there are a couple folks here that have wheel standed their 6 speed cars as well, i am happy to say i am not one of them. i believe wheelie bars a safety factor! I have seen it save many car from serious damage!

hell put a dart block in it, with a four link out back and it is a far cry from what rolled off the end of the line at the factory.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:46 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
As far as I know you can get the Madman ones that move it inward but still bolt in the same location. Those are fine. Why did you go 4-link?
just something i've always wanted to do, back-half a 4th gen. i just think big tire cars look sweet especially when the car is nice and low with a big tire tucked up behind the quarter. i pretty much just built my car to be a fun street car that looks mean as hell and to be a little different. i love doing chassis work and how often do you see fully tubbed 4th gen going throught the drive-thru at McD's? it was and still is a fun build. i do however want to build another stock suspension LT1 car badly, hence the reason for me asking if they allow relocating the lca's inward.

Quick Reply: MARIO is not going to the shootout