LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone here interested in a LS1 intake setup for there LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone here interested in a LS1 intake setup for there LT1?

I know this isn't where it goes but I've not been able to get rid of this thing and it sure would help my build along since money is getting tight and the shootout is getting closer.

LS1 intake kit, made to fit LT1 cars with a WS6 or cowl hood. Will not fit stock hoods.
Stock LS1 ws6 ramair lower airbox modified to sit much lower than it did stock. Clear MTI lid. Newer Fram airfilter. Couplers needed to atatch from Lid to MAF, then MAF to LT1 throttle body. MAF to throttle body coupler has hole for IAT and opti harness line.
Here's the catch. You will need to dremel a small portion of your hood if you have a WS6 hood. The front corners of the lid ever so slightly hit the hood. You can put grease or marking compound on the corners and slowly let the hood down on it. Pick the hood back up and mark the hood where the grease stuck to it from hitting the lid. Dremel slightly into the hood untill it dosen't hit. The hood is 2 layers, if you go through do not worry there's another 1/4 or more inches till the outside skin of the hood. You cannot see the dremeled areas from standing around the car. You can only see them if you lean over top of the engine bay and look striaght up (who does that?). The other catch is the one bolt hole is broken but the airbox is PLENTY secure with 3 bolts. You will need 2 drill 2 holes and get 2 self taping screws as the LS1 airbox holes are in diferant spots than the LT1 core support. Herle is a picture showing where I dremeld. I got went quite overboard and never smoothed it out. You could take less off and do a better job. There's 2 eye level pics showing you cannot see the marks standing by the car.

I'm looking for $190 shipped paypal. I have all kinds of other LT1 stuff, optis, interior parts, motor parts, etc. PM me if you need anything!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get that bellows from the tb to maf??
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

There slightly modified fernco couplers from home depot, they work excellent.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

I wonder if it'd fit with my UltraZ hood, and whether any modification needs to be done.

I also have a Nitrous Shark Nozzle spraying into the intake... is the rubber "strong" enough to mount the nozzle... or is it flexible?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Too bad it wouldn't work with the stock hood, that'd be sweet. GL with the sale.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah it would be sweet if it worked with a stock hood. Stock hoods waaaay to low though.

The rubber is pretty thick and not flimsy, your nitrous nozzle would be fine in it C man.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to hijack your thread man but I also have an ls1 intake for sale its just a stocker though nothing fancy like the peice you made real nice work btw. If I hadnt just bought a cai I would try my luck at making one like yours.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KY95Z28
Where did you get that bellows from the tb to maf??
Originally Posted by tylert14
There slightly modified fernco couplers from home depot, they work excellent.
can you post a size in/out and or a part # also what you did to mod yours thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

i saw a thread on here awhile back on how to get it to fit with stock hood. if u search long enought ull find it
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camaro-94-z28
i saw a thread on here awhile back on how to get it to fit with stock hood. if u search long enought ull find it
Yeah, I think I saw that. You had to do some modding to the radiator and tilt it back a little, I think. Too much modifying for me. I already have a CAI anyways. And I plan on getting an SS hood and the SS ram air intake eventually.

Quick Reply: Anyone here interested in a LS1 intake setup for there LT1?